It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab scans bones that may belong to Amelia Earhart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This would be great news and one mystery finally solved if true. I kind of hope they have finally found her. What a great pioneering women she was.

By SEAN MURPHY, Associated Press Sean Murphy, Associated Press – 54 mins ago NORMAN, Okla. – Three bone fragments found on a deserted South Pacific island are being analyzed to determine if they belong to Amelia Earhart — tests that could finally prove she died as a castaway after failing in her 1937 quest to become the first woman to fly around the world.

FULL STORY

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Cool find

Her story has always fascinated me and I hope those are indeed her remains
and not a turtle

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Im guessing that if the bones do belong to her they would be able to determine how old she was when she died as well wouldn't they? It would be kind of sad to think she survived and waited a long time for rescue for naught after all her accomplishments.

There are certainly a lot of theories about what happened as this snip and link below show

Many researchers believe the plane ran out of fuel and Earhart and Noonan ditched at sea. However, one group (TIGHAR —The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery) suggests they may have flown for two and a half hours along a standard line of position, which Earhart specified in her last transmission received at Howland, to Gardner Island (now Nikumaroro, Kiribati) in the Phoenix group, landed there, and ultimately perished. TIGHAR's research has produced a range of documented, archaeological and anecdotal evidence (but no proof) supporting this theory. The third theory suggests Earhart flew to the Marshall Islands for pre-war recon intelligence after not finding Howard, then either taken hostage by the Japanese and later killed in Saipan or returned to the US under new names.

Intresting Link snip is taken from

I would love to think she made it home, but that seems like it would be a tough secret to keep. Though there have been a few people that seem to think she did.
Read that Story here

Quite a compelling mystery she has been.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
sure wish the artifacts found in the 1940 expedition were available...

chances are the recent bones and turtle shell are most likely planted by interested parties for some reason

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Cool find

and not a turtle

lol yes I do have to agree with that. The thing is, if it isn't her and it isnt a turtle then who is it? From what they mentioned about the fish being eaten differently and done in a native way, well then we have a new mystery.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Cool find

and not a turtle

lol yes I do have to agree with that. The thing is, if it isn't her and it isnt a turtle then who is it? From what they mentioned about the fish being eaten differently and done in a native way, well then we have a new mystery.

Stop and consider the thousands of troops that parished in the Pacific theater of WWII. Those bones could be any one of them.

new topics

top topics

join