It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to step up efforts to control Mother Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

China to step up efforts to control Mother Nature

www.physorg.com

China plans to step up a weather-manipulation programme that has stirred debate about tinkering with Mother Nature, state media said on Friday.

Zheng Guoguang, director of the China Meteorological Administration, said chronic water shortages in parts of the country will worsen in the decades ahead and "thus we need to control the weather," Xinhua news agency reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-12-2010 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Tampering with Mother Nature comes with many dangers, not that this hasn't been done before, infact it has been done since many years, but the long term health and environmental risks are yet to be shown. That doesn't mean there are none, the use and constant exposure of silver iodide for instance does come with hazards harmful to human and environmental health:

"The Office of Environment, Health and Safety, UC Berkeley, rates silver iodide as a Class C, non-soluble, inorganic, hazardous chemical that pollutes water and soil. It has been found to be highly toxic to fish, livestock and humans. Numerous medical articles demonstrate that humans absorb silver iodide through the lungs, nose, skin, and GI tract. Mild toxicity can cause GI irritation, renal and pulmonary lesions, and mild argyria (blue or black discoloration of the skin). Severe toxicity can result in hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, shock, enlarged heart, severe argyria, and death by respiratory depression."

Link

Is that not something to worry about? Well the article states that:

"China has increasingly relied on weather-changing methods in recent years, both for political reasons and to address frequent droughts."

But this is not solely done in China, it's a global problem.
Your thoughts?

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-12-2010 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Didnt read the article yet but didnt Jesse Venture recently show that China was buying alot of water from the United States to put into their streams and rivers?

Off to the Article

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Yes - great episode and he didn't even touch on the fluoride/chemicals ...

I'm afraid that between weather manipulation and GMO, the Pandora's box has been opened and it will be all downhill from here.

Btw, great pic! I grew up in Brooklyn and always have a fond feeling for it, in spite of the inherent challenges.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

"The Office of Environment, Health and Safety, UC Berkeley, rates silver iodide as a Class C, non-soluble, inorganic, hazardous chemical that pollutes water and soil. It has been found to be highly toxic to fish, livestock and humans. Numerous medical articles demonstrate that humans absorb silver iodide through the lungs, nose, skin, and GI tract. Mild toxicity can cause GI irritation, renal and pulmonary lesions, and mild argyria (blue or black discoloration of the skin). Severe toxicity can result in hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, shock, enlarged heart, severe argyria, and death by respiratory depression."

I guess that doesnt really concern them. It's terrible that people have to be subjected to these chemicals in the air. I wonder how bad the long term effects would be.

This has been going on for years but only now we are hearing and seeing more and more everywhere we turn.
Aren't there safer alternatives?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So does this prove chemtrails ?

Alkways remember that there was one thing left in pandoras box.

Hope...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Yes - great episode and he didn't even touch on the fluoride/chemicals ... I'm afraid that between weather manipulation and GMO, the Pandora's box has been opened and it will be all downhill from here. Btw, great pic! I grew up in Brooklyn and always have a fond feeling for it, in spite of the inherent challenges.

It was a great episode.
It is downhill from here! We cant breathe fresh air, we cant eat fresh food, we cant drink fresh water and I understand that this has been for years but where the hell is a piece of land on this good green earth where we can live and just be human! (sorry for the rant)

Thanks! Fellow brooklynites are always friends

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Not to be rude but I fail to see how China saying they need to develop means to control the weather could in any possible way prove the "chemtrail" fallacy. If the headline was "China Has Perfected Weather Control" it would do nothing to prove the "chemtrail" fallacy either for that matter.

The "chemtrails" have been credited with population control, depopulation, reproductivity manipulations, the concealment of Nibiru (in both its planetary and solar manifestations), global climate control, weather control, magnetosphere strengthening, and even as conduits for UFO travel. To assume that any area of science making an advance in any of these fields in any way proves "chemtrails" is ridiculous and a notion rooted in falsehood and irrationality.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What's wrong with a little desalination?

How can any government think they can control weather when no government can control their citizens without terror or indoctrination?

Never mind Pandora! Nemesis will take care of this one.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

I agree with you, this does not approve or deny the chemtrail conspiracy. As mentioned in the OP, there is an global effort to protect and maintain real estate, may it be China or the US, no proven firm intent to depopulate, sterilize etc.
Although the long-term risks involved are up for debate, since there are clear references that indicate a not so desired outcome with the use of silver iodide for purposes of cloud seeding.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

"China has increasingly relied on weather-changing methods in recent years,

I would think weather control will be the only reason to spray anything and it is also the only thing governments admitted to actually meddle with.

So maybe it's wise not to jump to conclusions....

Anyway...

I honestly hope they will cease these kinds of experiments as the results could have massive negative consequences for the future...

Edit to say that the easiest way to depopulate is to simply stop aid to people that die without it. It's cheap and it cleans up rather effectively
edit on 12/17/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Weather changing technology doth not a "chemtrail" designate! I rather think that by having brought up "chemtrails" in relation to this thread that it is you whom is guilty of jumping to conclusions!

I do think we agree that weather modification, through any method, is dangerous.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Dude I brought it up I did not conclude anything. You did.

top topics

join