It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

WikiLeaks Cables: You Ask, We Search. No Ufos, No 9/11 Gov Envolvement. End of the Ufo Leaks Story?

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

We asked last week what we should look for among the leaked US embassy cables and have since received thousands of suggestions – today's include Cuban healthcare, George Galloway and scientology

Welcome to the latest You ask, We search blogpost. Since this exercise started we have received suggestions in the thousands and are in the process of looking at hundreds of them.

But before we go on, two housekeeping notes. Despite what Julian Assange said in an online Q&A, there are no references to aliens in the cables. We searched for aliens and UFOs ("visitors" and "non-terrestrial officers" too, thanks, UFO-minded readers) without finding anyway. Assange may have been having fun. Second, there is nothing to suggest the 9/11 attacks were not carried out by 19 terrorists on four hijacked aeroplanes. An estimated 3m people had access to the cables pre-leak, so if there were a conspiracy in them it would need to be one that around 1% of all US citizens were in on.

But we have had many good suggestions – individuals whose names or stories we may have forgotten, or people wondering what the cables say about where they live. Not every search turns up much, however. For example, Anneli Jäätteenmäki, who resigned as Finnish PM in an Iraq-related scandal, only turns up passing mentions in briefings on Finland's politics. In cases such as these we've moved on and (when time allows) informed the person who made the suggestion.

Some are for people and places our journalists have already covered – alleged Russian arms trader Viktor Bout is one who springs to mind. Recognising that you may not know this as well as we do, teams here have made an interactive tag cloud that groups together and links to published cables and news stories by topic, such as Israel, India or banks... Continues in the link.


Source

So if the Guardian have the full set of unredacted cables which is why they are offering to search, this means that there is no reason to expect Ufo files or 9/11 conspiracy news, right?

So what Assange meant when he said: ... However, it is worth noting in That yet-to-be-published parts of the archive there are cablegate Indeed references to UFOs.


It was just a joke? He wanted to call attention to himself? Why create expectations that will not be delivered?


Again i think Assange is someting like this:



First I believed, then disbelieved, again believed and now Wikileaks is over for me. I respect the Assange's supporters, and I hope they are right, but for now, its very hard to believe that wikileaks will change something in the world.

edit on 17-12-2010 by RUSSO because: fix link




posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi,

The title of your thread includes "End of the Ufo Leaks Story?"

I think the short answer is a "no".

If you think that a statement by the Guardian will stop speculation as to what material was leaked, I'm afraid my experience of discussions of UFOs and related issues is rather different to yours.

Of course, the point made by the Guardian as to the sheer number of people that had access to the material had already been highlighted by some UFO researchers as a fairly good ground for thinking that any references to UFOs in the leaked cables were very unlikely to reveal any highly covert conspiracy. That observation was largely ignored.

All the best,

Isaac



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi
 





If you think That a statement by the Guardian Will stop speculation as to what material was leaked, I'm afraid my experience of discussions of UFOs and related issues is rather different to yours.


I do not understand the difference because Assange said he had documents, but the staff that has access to all documents were unable to find anything related to the topic. Please understand, no one else in this world wanted more than I that these leaked documents show up, but it seems that everything was a great ...., I let you choose the right word.

What I want is to express my disappointment with Assange by the expectations about the subject thet he created.

All the best Too.




posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well here's what Assange said when asked about UFOs.




"However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs."


Full story here . . .

I think right now, Assange is getting more attention than he wants, so he's not puffing anything up. I also don't know that the Guardian or any other news outlet has access to everything Wikileaks is holding. Even before all this, when Dbunkers were saying "UFOs are all nonsense or Wikileaks would have something," I said be patient. What is in there may not be proof, but it will be interesting.
edit on 17-12-2010 by UFO Partisan because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Why dont some people understand that these are cables. Not top secret documents at the very top level. It really annoys me that the hardcore et believers have used thier belief to somehow think that wiki could release earth changing ufo documents
If any of the documents relate to ufo's, it will be just like the documents that have been officially released all over the world. Not evidence of ET, but evidence that ufo's are flying in our airspace, but we all know that.

So, you are going to ignore wikileaks now just because of your ET beliefs. Your not taking to account the real reason why wikileaks are doing what they are doing, and thats showing how corrupt our governments really are. Thats not important to you?



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO Partisan
 


Well, I hope you are right.

I hope that this cables indeed contain some clue about this subject.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Why dont some people understand that these are cables. Not top secret documents at the very top level. It really annoys me that the hardcore et believers have used thier belief to somehow think that wiki could release earth changing ufo documents
If any of the documents relate to ufo's, it will be just like the documents that have been officially released all over the world. Not evidence of ET, but evidence that ufo's are flying in our airspace, but we all know that.

So, you are going to ignore wikileaks now just because of your ET beliefs. Your not taking to account the real reason why wikileaks are doing what they are doing, and thats showing how corrupt our governments really are. Thats not important to you?



Zorgon had warned about the very top level necessary for UFO documents.

When I say, change the world, I mean a paradigm shift on the issue of extraterrestrial life, as an official confirmation would have major repercussions on the population. I have no doubt about it, but I would like to rub these documents in the face of some people here in my city, personally, I hope you understand.

On governments, the corruption is evident. Since the Society was established we have corruption.. To say that governments act in accordance with the will of the elites is obvious. The government corruption has always been important to me, but everyone knows it and nothing happens. Everyone seems anesthetized before the apparent strength of the government to make the people swallow it naturally. How to ignore the fact that Assange said they had the documents but when they searched, the documents are not found?

I hope they find any. Thats all.
edit on 17-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan
I also don't know that the Guardian or any other news outlet has access to everything Wikileaks is holding.
As I understand it, Wikileaks gave all the cables to four newspapers (The Guardian, Le Monde, El Pais and Der Spiegel), and The Guardian is working with The New York Times (if I'm not mistaken).

That's why the news appear first on the newspapers and then are published by Wikileaks, the newspapers are the ones deciding the order by which the cables are released.

I also think that they are the ones removing some names from the cables, I have seen several in which some names were replaced by "XXXXXXXX".



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But before we go on, two housekeeping notes. Despite what Julian Assange said in an online Q&A, there are no references to aliens in the cables. We searched for aliens and UFOs ("visitors" and "non-terrestrial officers" too, thanks, UFO-minded readers) without finding anyway. Assange may have been having fun. Second, there is nothing to suggest the 9/11 attacks were not carried out by 19 terrorists on four hijacked aeroplanes. An estimated 3m people had access to the cables pre-leak, so if there were a conspiracy in them it would need to be one that around 1% of all US citizens were in on.


Guardian.co.uk


Thats it eh???
But this high hopes to rest
edit on 17-12-2010 by antibren because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wikileaks cables... yeah, anyone who actualy thought that anything juicy would come from a DIPLOMATIC cable was a blithering idiot in the first place.
If Wikileaks has something tangible on UFO they didnt get it from some mere cable. However, I wouldnt rule it out if I were you.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
As I understand it, Wikileaks gave all the cables to four newspapers (The Guardian, Le Monde, El Pais and Der Spiegel), and The Guardian is working with The New York Times (if I'm not mistaken).

That's why the news appear first on the newspapers and then are published by Wikileaks, the newspapers are the ones deciding the order by which the cables are released.

I also think that they are the ones removing some names from the cables, I have seen several in which some names were replaced by "XXXXXXXX".


With cable news on, MSNBC, I just saw a graphic stating that only 2000 of a total of 250,000 files have been released. What that means specifically, I can't say, but you are right in that established journalism outlets are helping in determining what gets released. My impression is that they don't have everything Wikileaks has just yet. If Assange says they are in there, I have no reason to doubt him and if the Guardian says they have nothing UFO related, I have no reason to doubt them. Time will tell.
edit on 17-12-2010 by UFO Partisan because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
3 million people had access to the cables. What more needs to be said?



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147
 


It's a lot of people looking. So I think if they had something, they would not have given this news.

But hope is the last to die.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
 


I notice the xxxxxx too. I think they are the ones to do this.

I think all the cables are in the hands of the four newspapers, as you said.

Unless they are holding some, I think this was a joke. But Why hold this cables, if they indeed exist?

sfy



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by IsaacKoi
 





If you think That a statement by the Guardian Will stop speculation as to what material was leaked, I'm afraid my experience of discussions of UFOs and related issues is rather different to yours.


I do not understand the difference because Assange said he had documents, but the staff that has access to all documents were unable to find anything related to the topic. Please understand, no one else in this world wanted more than I that these leaked documents show up, but it seems that everything was a great ...., I let you choose the right word.

What I want is to express my disappointment with Assange by the expectations about the subject thet he created.

All the best Too.



If I remember correctly Assange said there was a 'reference' to UFOs' in the cables. I think many people have misinterpreted this and raised their hopes unreastically. The 'reference' may still be in there somewhere



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 


This is why my hope didn't dead yet. But I dont expect overwhelming information anymore.

I hope, but I dont believe.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If anybody expected some major conspiracy to be blown wide open as a result of some extremely low-level communications they have never thought clearly on government secrecy. I laugh at anybody who might have thought something would have come out of this material.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would not release the UFO leaks.
It would over shadow ever thing else they are trying to do.
It would just be about UFOs and not the government corruption.
When it quiet down again they will release them.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith
 


So the only thing I can do is thank you for your laughs on me.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha
 


I really hope you are rigth.

Good point too.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join