It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama and His Wife Not Invited to the Royal Wedding. (Snub?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
its been characterized as a 'peoples wedding'...iow, No elites allowed

i doubt the Royal wedding on my birthday will compare to the event of man walking on the Moon
only hours after my 1st wedding ceremony back in '69

well wishing to the couple

And happy birthday in advance, lol! Wow, that was quite something to happen on your wedding day.
second

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The security for this wedding is being funded by the British tax payer, the cost of Obama and his wife attending would be astronomical, the public would not put up and shut up.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
reply to post by jibeho

You forgot the gift Obama gave to Gordon Brown, the CDs that can't even be played on European CD players. Now thats class!

www.dailymail.co.uk... -Oz.html

I knew there was something else that he had botched.
Thanks for the reminder and the laugh!!

I can only hope that Michelle will give the couple a new blender that isn't rated for Euro voltage. Zap!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Their presence would probably detract from the matters at hand...the wedding.
Like him or not...He is polarizing.....And it might put too many supporters of the WOT in the same place, at the same time....Who the heck knows...But he does travel in large motorcades...maybe they are worried about simple logistics?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

He is the President of the United States, why wouldn't you want him there???? At least send a invite as courtesy to a world leader. The Prince is a figure head, but still.......

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
If the Obama's attended the wedding the focus would be taken off the couple. Another reason would be the need to increase security 10 fold. Its the day for the couple - I don't look at this as a snub.

I wouldn't invite them to my wedding - would you?

OMG you are joking, I hope....the focus on the Obamas and not the couple? Wow!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
The security for this wedding is being funded by the British tax payer, the cost of Obama and his wife attending would be astronomical, the public would not put up and shut up.

It's a private thing, not a state occasion, so if Obama wanted special security he would have to pay for it himself.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Considering the history, is it even approprate for a president of the US to attend a british royalty wedding?

Historically have POTUS's attended royal british weddings/funerals? I think that these things tend to be a national pride/British affair that are..well, for Britons fairly exclusively...I could be off here.

But, why would the states be invited into basically a family affair

In the Daily Mail article it describes how GW and his wife attended two royal weddings. That's why this omission is interesting - from a protocol, diplomatic point of view.

Personally I don't care at all, but I sense a cooling of the 'not-so-special' status of the UK/US relationship at the moment. Might be wrong, of course.

Maybe they're afraid he'll be stealing people's DNA!
edit on 17-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good the Royals are sticking with tradition and not inviting the riff-raff ..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Was the president of the United States invited to Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding years ago?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

He is the President of the United States, why wouldn't you want him there???? At least send a invite as courtesy to a world leader. The Prince is a figure head, but still.......

I dont know if you got the memo but at the moment Obama is not the peoples favorite. Who cares if he is there or not, he has bigger issues to pretend to care about

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't invite them either!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Damn, thats too bad, I'm sure the Obamas had Ipods for gifts ready and have been learning how to bow to Royals better.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
maybe we can't afford to dish out 200-300 million dollars this time for a trip to england?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It is not so weird at all ,Obama is not always so important ...and is not indispensable for everything.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
At a ROYAL wedding, I'ts customary to invite ROYAL heads of state. Can't remember the words King Obama.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

(british) Royals are disgusting

I tell you what they are less disgusting than that idiot you call the Iranian leader or that jerk off the Ayatollah!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It seems that Nancy Reagan attended Charles + Diana's wedding but old Ronny didn't.

It seems that it didn't do her any favours either

The new china, White House renovations, expensive clothing, and her attendance at the wedding of Charles and Diana, Prince and Princess of Wales,[88] gave her an aura of being "out of touch" with the American people during an economic recession.[8]

link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

This royal wedding will be far more "unpatriotic" than "patriotic". Royalty does the people and nations of this land a disservice.

It is harming us to insist on kingdom and monarchy rather than republics and elected presidents.

We have no president and no republican democratic constitutional freedoms. Magna Carta is of less use than toilet paper. The UK is a royalist, fascist police state wherein we have all the rights of lumps of meat.

Waving a union flag at the royal wedding, even though that is the British flag, does not make the United Kingdom, the monarchy, the royal wedding truly "British".

The UK, the monarchy, the royal wedding is anti-British, anti-English, anti-Scottish, anti-Welsh, anti-Irish.

The kingdom is the true enemy of the people. The UK is not "our" country. It is their imposed version of our country.

The people are brainwashed by events such as this royal wedding to believe that kingdom and monarchy is our country. It is not. It is a lie. You are being brainwashed.

When we are told over and over again that "the United Kingdom" is the name of our country, I say "NO!" - that's not my country. As a BBC license-fee-payer I object to this pro-royal propaganda 24/7.

I am Scottish and British, not UK-ish.

The UK state insists that we must be subjects of the crown, of the monarchy. The propaganda surrounding this royal wedding and similar appearances of the royals on TV is to brainwash us all to accept kingdom and monarchy.

I say bomb the royal wedding.

We must ask our military to stop enslaving us to this kingdom and take up arms in a fight for freedom for the people and the nations but against the UK. The military should start with arresting, exiling or assassinating the royals, preferably sooner than later.

[SIZE=5]How Queen Elizabeth got married to the Nazis.[/SIZE]

Left: Prince Christoph von Hesse, in Nazi SS uniform, was a high ranking Nazi. He was chief of Hermann Goring's secret intelligence service, an aide to Heinrich Himmler and a colonel (SS-Oberfuhrer) of the Schutzstaffel (SS).
Suits you, your Royal Highness.

Centre: Prince Christoph von Hesse married Princess Sophie, the sister of Prince Philip ("of Greece and Demark", as THEY say).

Right: Philip "Mountbatten" ('cos he is now a Briton) married Princess Elizabeth and they proclaim themselves Duke and Duchess ("of Edinburgh", so THEY say).

Discuss in the For Freedom Forums - here -
Topic "Close Encounters Of The Third Reich Kind" in the "Republican Intelligence" forum.

Wikipedia: Prince Christoph of Hesse

Wikipedia: Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. Marriage

American Almanac: The Nazi Roots of the House of Windsor

Aftermath News: The Nazi relative that the Royals disowned

The Daily Express: PRINCE PHILIP AND THE NAZIS

The Royals and the Reich. The Princes von Hessen in Nazi Germany by Jonathan Petropoulos

Jonathan Petropoulos, in his book "Royals and the Reich" reviews the case that the Duke of Windsor was a traitor and an agent for Nazi Germany which was made by Martin Allen in his book "Hidden Agenda. How the Duke of Windsor Betrayed the Allies".

Author Martin Allen goes much further than this, arguing in his controversial book, Hidden Agenda, that the duke spied for Hitler, especially in the critical phase in late-1939 and early-1940 prior to the Battle of France.

According to Allen, the duke made inspection tours of the French army's front line positions, including the Maginot line, and provided reports of troop deployments not only to the British (French-British co-operation not being what it should have been), but also to the Germans.

The link between the duke and the Nazis, according to Allen, was wealthy American industrialist Charles Bedaux (sometimes spelled Bedault), who was a close friend of the Windsors. Bedaux had loaned them his home, chateau Cande in France, for their wedding in June 1937, and he was almost certainly a Nazi intelligence asset; he knew Goring personally and had many German business contacts.

Martin Allen goes so far as to argue that the Duke of Windsor provided Bedaux with the crucial information about the French deployment, that this information, when passed on, induced Hitler to take the bold move and invade France through the poorly defended Ardennes forest, and that this is the primary explanation for the stunning Nazi victory in May-June 1940.

It is a devastating indictment: the Duke of Windsor was not only a traitor but the main reason for the German victory in the West and all that came with it (occupation, the Battle of Britain, and the persecution of Jews in these regions, among other developments).

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yeah not enough room for Obama, there are more important people like the King of Bahrain, if he can make the event in between killing his own citizens.

I have written a letter to Prince William and Kate Middleton calling on them to remove the king of Bahrain and other vile men from their wedding invitation list. The king, who has reportedly received a personal invitation to the wedding from the Queen, has violently crushed the pro-democracy movement in his country. I reminded the couple of this country's duty to support the oppressed and the democrats over the despots and oppressors, and warned that it would send an "appalling message to the world were any dictators of the Middle East – royal or otherwise – seen enjoying the hospitality of your family and rubbing shoulders with Hollywood stars and politicians at your wedding".

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join