It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of Dumb Inventions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The 20th century saw many astounding technological innovations, from the automobile and the Internet to putting a man on the moon. But some technological advances weren't exactly meant for the history books. Because they were stupid. See more inventions in the full gallery at LIFE. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...=6

This outta give some of you a chuckle. By the way # 3 is just so wrong on so many levels!!! Some of the others were pretty ridiculous and I wish they would have added a few more. I like reading articles of this type sometimes it helps to break up the monotony. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I was going to do a thread on this but I thought secondly about it.

The reason I didn't is that I couldn't open the other 30 pics at the Main soucre listed in the article- Life Mag I think.

Anyway, yes, some funky stuff. Maybe post a pic and description or two in your main threat to catch some interest.

Funny how today you can get a TV for your face-like glasses. Less the antenna as in the 1963 shot. lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
and now we know why L Ron Hubbard went the cult route. there's no money in screaming tomoatoes

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
and now we know why L Ron Hubbard went the cult route. there's no money in screaming tomoatoes

en.wikipedia.org...

You're quite correct. Even this bombed!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yes surprisingly compact for the era it was in.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Very interesting.

This man should get an award for his invention:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dldDxjTetAw

He truly thinks he invented something new.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I am still wondering why he has crankshaft lobes on that thing? Unless they are just being used to hold the connecting rods in place. But from the quality of the video they look lobe like and not round.

new topics

top topics

join