It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our firearms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If kerry is elected what will happen to our firerams?

What will happen to the ammendment that lets us protect ourselves?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
probably nothing. but what if someone made you register them? or made you have mandatory trigger locks, or keep them unloaded? would it tick you off? i hate guns. dont see a reason you need them. you wanna hunt? fine buy a rifle. however, i dont see a need to ban them. nor does the majority of the public. just use common sense. i doubt kerry will change a thing. to many global problems to solve. gun control is kind of a dead issue right now

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacman2k6

Nothing. Even if Democrats got control of everything. Nothing would happen.

Background checks. Maybe safety devices. But you'll still get your guns. Probably not bazookas, but all the handguns you want.

If someone told you anybody wants to take your guns away, they lied to you. Consider that carefully. They LIED to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Clinton actually said that the round of gun control laws in the 1990's was what caused his party to loose control of DC durring his term, and was one of the worst things to happen to his party.

I think many dems in the capitol are getting the picture that victim disarmament laws are one of the things that can really hurt them, and as such are tending to shy away from them somewhat. Also, it would seem that most republicans, faced with little in the way of any serious gun law threats, have avoided the issue.

It seems to be a topic both sides are hesitant to open, and unless we see a large movement to begin to erase some of the existing gun laws, I don't think we see anything like fight for gun rights of the 90's any time soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I dont get what your saying. Is Kerry against firearm purchasing?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I just saw something different on the news.

The Libertarian running in NC to replace John Edwards seat was just interviewed about Libertarian views on Terrorism.

Mind you I hope this guy doesn't speak for all Libertarians, but the fact he's got financial and party support to run in one of the most hotly contested open Senate seats in the country has me worried.

He said...

Well I think the best way to deal with terrorism is the second ammendment. You know 9/11 would have never happened if the government hadn't already de-armed the victims on that plane. What good is a box cutter up against a bunch of armed passengers?

Is it just me or is that scary? I know Libertarians are the all civil liberties all the time party, but I don't want the Wild Wild West. Does anyone?

Total armament? Concealed weapons? Everybody packing? ON AIRPLANES!?! Like the terrorists wouldn't just take guns too. Is this guy for real?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I perfer if Kerry were elected, then the Repub's may actually stand up for the right to bear arms.

Well, Bush says if he gets the renewal for the A.W. ban, he'd sign it.

If you think that, the American Bill of Rights gives you those rights, totally ignoring the preamble (yes, there is a preamble) then you rely on a piece(s) of paper. For my knowledge, it is still on those pieces of paper. And the same will still happen, papers will be ignored or forgotten.

[P.S. Hi everyone, i'm baaack...]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Good question. I doubt that very much would happen to the ones we currently own right away. I do think that we would see some extremely restrictive regulations passed on new (and used) firerarm purchases almost immediately. If you want to know where Kerry stands on us normal folk having guns just take a look at Ted Kennedy and his views on the subject. We are not worthy.

Let's all hope that no one tries to eliminate the second amendment. That could quite possibly be the quickest route to a new civil war.

For those who have said that we don't need guns and if you want to hunt buy a rifle.... I disagree and agree at the same time

We DO need guns. Our current and potentially future enemies have them and in the worst case we may need them to protect our families and friends. The SA (second amendment) was written not only for outside threats but inside as well, take that as you will.
I don't see a lot of hunting with handguns and I don't hunt. That does not mean that I don't see the other uses for them.
Being a target shooter, I can't see any reason that I should not pursue my hobby because some crack dealer stole a gun from someone and used it criminally. If the court system were more harsh on those who commit violent crimes then we would probably not even be having this discussion. The problem is enforcement not guns.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Bazookas? There's a big difference between a firearm for self-protection and a weapon of mass destruction!
(Bazookas, grenades and grenade launchers, cannons, chain guns, etc. fall into this category.) No reasonable person thinks that the 2nd Amendment refers to bazookas or weapons like that. A firearm for self-protection would include guns like non-automatic pistols and rifles.

As far as gun control is concerned, the criminals are going to have guns anyway, so what's the point in taking them away from law-abiding citizens? What's a law-abiding citizen supposed to do, call the police (if they even can in their moment of need) and then pray that the police shows up on time?

Most people don't like guns, they need them for self-defense. Burglars and rapists smartly avoid gun owners as potential victims, and the ones that are too dumb to do that usually end up having very short criminal careers...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the ole saying. If guns are outlawed only criminals would have guns. Hey, that would be ideal. We would know exactly who to go after!!

Seriously, the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to keep a well armed militia. I don't mind hunting rifles, really don't mind assault weapons for they are very hard to conceal. I don't like handguns(even though I do own one). Easy to conceal, easy to kill.

If you want to protect your home buy a 12 gauge shotgun. Better yet a big dog is the best deterrent.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I will put it this way, if any one comes for my guns and ammo, they will get it, bullets first! Remember that was the first step Hitler took, stalin took...
Gun control/removal, the proven choice of DICtators!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you heard some of the people speaking at the dnc they brought up "stricter fire arm laws in the name of public safety" which I think is a load of crap because the law abiding citizens don't just go around shooting their guns off to whomever their pissed at...

Stricter gun laws for law abiding citizens not immature bozo's who play with their guns in the mirror to figure out which way holding the gun makes you look tougher??

Somehow I believe they have a more sinister agenda planned when they make the laws on guns more harsh.

Usually people that shoot their guns off at people are part of a gang, or getting revenge for some drug deal that went bad, or for some slut that went tramping around behind the dudes back, or for someone who looked at them the wrong way or stepped on their beach blanket or mouthed off to them in a bar, or for mugging someone, raping someone, robbing a store, ect..
You know the social misfits of society, somehow I believe those stricter gun laws don't apply to those people...

Law abiding citizens are going to get #ed up the ass by the maybe democratic administration because they get the notion that maybe they are potential risks to the public?? nahhh, they fear those people who have guns because they are just as criminal as the people I just mentioned above, except their corporate big wig scam artists...

Hillary stole money when she was attorney general, she lied...
Bill Clinton was a sexual predator, a liar, and a rapist, not mention he was a danger to those regular joan's who slept with him, remember the death threats??
John Edwards lies for his career, he's a freekin ambulance chaser, thats not an honest job...
kerry one word: Vietnam... oh i'm sorry 2 more: 4 months...
purple hearts- re creating a video so his story would seem real, HANOI. Sell out, ummm treasous bastard....
Edward Kennedy: Murder/homicde.... chapaquitick river...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In response to the original question, perhaps this will shed some light on the subject for you:

If you thought the eight long years of the Clinton/Gore administration`s war on firearms owners` rights were oppressive, they would pale in comparison to what John Kerry would have in store for us if he captures the White House and evicts President George W. Bush in November.

John Kerry--whose record of words and misdeeds on firearms rights has earned him a key place among the most solid "F" candidates ever rated by the National Rifle Association--is now posing as a self-styled"lifelong hunter and gun owner," a faux good old boy who says, "I believe in the Second Amendment."

www.nraila.org...

And before someone accuses me of using a "biased" website as a source ask yourself if you consider the ACLU to be "biased". You can check all of the information in this article through congressional records as well as other media and you will find it to all be true.
If this "man" is actually elected I truly fear for the future generations of Americans as well as the rest of the (now) free nations of the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I agree that enforcement of laws against misuse of guns is the ticket. In florida they passed a 10-20-life law for gun offenses.
Possesion of a gun (but not used or bradished) while comiiting a crime- 10 years mandatory
Brandishing a gun for intimidation while comiiting a crime -20 years mandatory
use a gun (fire it) while comitting a crime- life mandatory.

Thats what I call effective gun control.

Btw is it any wonder that such a common sense law ws passed in a state with a republican governor?

Go Jeb!

new topics

top topics

join