It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: US empire could collapse at any time, Pulitzer winner tells Raw Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
to the op article.
I don't think the powers that be will let the us tumble into a 3rd world country. it's their lively hood too that they are concerned about as well. if everything is in turmoil, then it just makes it harder for them as well.

we're in a bubble albeit positive or negative, we'll be fine.

what the US needs to do is become a manufacturer again like we used to be.
people have shown they are willing to pay more for items. just look at the success of the iPod. there's a ton of cheap $49 models of mp3 players, but people still pay $120 to $300 for iPods and itouch's.

the US needs to produce then we can push china back to their level of play.
but that's just me...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
as a true british man may the bond between the us and uk grow forever muslims are all either full of hate or dont want to stand and be counted, from what i understand of the history books mohammed was young when he decided the religeons of the day did not roflect his beliefs any man who could say the opposite you must be a profit and i use profit intentionally but hold on thats not good enough your bible i will reright and call it the currant , no the kuran and then go on to marry twelve year old girls.. good bloke this mojo guy

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hi DD.

It's not just the corporate take over of our country - it is the corporate take over of the whole world. If it were just our country we could handle it through the normal political give and take. But through the web of foreign entanglements called trade agreements, we are saddled with assured serfdom. The global web of trade agreements places corporations out of the reach of each country's people because they can just punish you and run jobs out of your country to a different country if you dare to push back on them.

Then there is the social/cultural cleansing game they have played with every nation to accomodate economic globalism - multiculturalism. To be a people united in a vision, you have to share a basic ideology, history and social norms. It all adds up to a common soical idenity. In the US the ideology used to be constitutional freedom and the common culture that grew out of that was mutual protection of one another's freedoms - in time beyond race and sex inequality. We had a general social agreement on what is right and what is wrong in life but everything was tempered by our love and understanding of freedom. The history we shared was the history of freedom's fathers and mothers and the philosphy that it came from. We called this culture the "melting pot" and every American inherited this idenity plus our own unique family and ethic backgrounds.

That common National idenity and vision all gone now - along with the National borders, the National interest and vision, and the notion of of citizenship has even been attacked by illegal immigration. We have lost all power as a result and corporation have gained all power.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Very well said and true. The machine has become to big for it's own good. It's like watching a runaway train, no stopping it until it runs out of track.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Get out before the dictatorship, really? 1984, I thought this was 2010.
S&F
edit on 18-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I cant understand why we are all so sure of ourselves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join