It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Member/New found joy in life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Greetings all! I was a member for a while till my breakdown a couple weeks ago. Looking back I feel really stupid for what I did and I don't how many times I apologize will make it better. Since then I have found G-d in my life and found a new love in helping people out for the greatness of life. Reconnecting with old friends, Meeting new people and even helping in charity has made me more of a man then anything else. Life is great. Sometimes I struggle. Now I practice yoga and whatever else to keep me from being upset. I missed an chance to go to Church for the first times in years do to being ill. Still I need to see my good old friend Luke and his family. Finding G-d again has changed my perspective on how to communicate and work with people I see and talk to online. I have new found respect for Christians then ever before. Which I feel bad for being disrespectful to members on this website who are Christian.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, what was your former name?

I am pleased that you are ok now.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snickersman

You did all that in a couple of weeks? wow, sounds like you had quite an experience.

I don't know who you were before, but welcome to the new you!

Heres a new flag for your new identity

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My former account was Romantic_Rebel. I feel I have come a long way from a few weeks ago. Like a huge flash right before my eyes. I guess there are miracles and somehow I would love to share my miracles with others everywhere.

CX

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Congrats on the rebirth so to speak, glad its working out for you.

Just out of interest, mind if i ask how you found God? Two weeks is a very short time to have a breakdown then be bouncing back again with God in your life.

Did anything particular happen or did have you always been drawn and decided to go that path?

Good to see you again.

CX.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I was always thought you were ok and fun.
I'm sure you will be an asset to ATS, again, welcome back.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Where did you find God?

Was it under the sofa? I bet it was!

I'm always finding stuff under there.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Congrats on the rebirth so to speak, glad its working out for you.

Just out of interest, mind if i ask how you found God? Two weeks is a very short time to have a breakdown then be bouncing back again with God in your life.

Did anything particular happen or did have you always been drawn and decided to go that path?

Good to see you again.

CX.

I don't know how I can explain it really. It just happened after I was listing a song by John Mayer and it just happened like that.

I was really depressed one night and just listened to his speech about Love and feeling great. I found that I was missing love in my life and replaced it with pride, greed, lust, whatever people use that are bad. I believe in G-d and see myself as more spiritual then a person who is Jewish, Christian or Muslim. I do love to learn about religion and try to bring people of all faiths and non religious people together in peace.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Where did you find God?

Was it under the sofa? I bet it was!

I'm always finding stuff under there.

That was pretty funny.
Thank you for the laugh.
Your avatar is really neat.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thank you! I appreciate your comment.
G-d is love and I love, love.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Greetings all! I was a member for a while till my breakdown a couple weeks ago. Looking back I feel really stupid for what I did and I don't how many times I apologize will make it better. Since then I have found G-d in my life and found a new love in helping people out for the greatness of life. Reconnecting with old friends, Meeting new people and even helping in charity has made me more of a man then anything else. Life is great. Sometimes I struggle. Now I practice yoga and whatever else to keep me from being upset. I missed an chance to go to Church for the first times in years do to being ill. Still I need to see my good old friend Luke and his family. Finding G-d again has changed my perspective on how to communicate and work with people I see and talk to online. I have new found respect for Christians then ever before. Which I feel bad for being disrespectful to members on this website who are Christian.

Welcome back dear friend. It´s nice to hear that you found your peace, with God. I am truly happy for you mate. It seems after all the trouble you went through, you finally heard that voice.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Well thanks friend! Its great to have someone to be your friend in life. I'm surprised G-d sounded like John Mayer and has a great singing voice. This is great!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You know it is mate. God works in mysterious ways.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
God Happens !

though I feel a God has always been with you as morality is with every human from birth it would seem.

Congrats on the rediscovery

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks guys. I try my best to be an individual and also try to be helpful. Despite the differences I love making life better for people.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
I am truly happy for you mate. It seems after all the trouble you went through, you finally heard that voice.

Peace

I totally speak to my God all the time, unfortunately he has never spoken to me yet... but I have total faith myself in the words I have read about God, I would explain it more like a feeling I suppose, one which can shake the foundations of a persons very soul well enough to not need physical evidence, It would seem one just 'knows' the 'truth' in this way much more efficiently/directly and way more successfully.

does God Talk to anyone here ? that would be interesting and I would love to hear some of those conversations if there is anyone here and they don't mind sharing.

edit on 12/17/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: just switched to full time laptop, this keyboard is funny !

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Seed76
I am truly happy for you mate. It seems after all the trouble you went through, you finally heard that voice.

Peace

I totally speak to my God all the time, unfortunately he has never spoken to me yet... but I have total faith myself in the words I have read about God, I would explain it more like a feeling I suppose, one which can shake the foundations of a persons very soul well enough to not need physical evidence, It would seem one just 'knows' the 'truth' in this way much more efficiently/directly and way more successfully.

does God Talk to anyone here ? that would be interesting and I would love to hear some of those conversations if there is anyone here and they don't mind sharing.

edit on 12/17/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: just switched to full time laptop, this keyboard is funny !

You know mate I went through really hard times in my life. And it took me more than 20 years to find my faith again. I regained my faith again when i was to the lowest and difficult part of my life. Only then i realized that God never left me.
And for the first time after 20 years of searching have found my inner peace.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I understood your metaphor, I just wanted to make sure to tell my story a little too.

Congrats to you also 76

edit on 12/17/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Snickersman,

Welcome oldtimer but now with a new see of things. I am axious to see a new thread now of you and possibly some points we could discuss. We are all learners and should never let it stop. To stop is to regress. We find the more we learn how much more there is to learn and that becomes an ongoing climb but it is accomplishment and that is what makes life worthwhile. Helping others and accomplishments.

Glad you don't have "rebel" no more.

Find and keep that reached for peace.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Talk, as in a voice, no. Communicate, as in feelings, assurances, happenings and the actions of myself and those around me, yes, quite often. I suppose that there are some who say "God, what should I do?" and actually hear something, but that is not me, and I'm not sure how I'd feel if it happened.

Welcome back, RR, I hope that you're able to find comfort, solace and direction in the path you're taking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join