It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people really fear the idea of "alien" life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We should fear aliens.

We've been shooting at them. Imagine how mad they'd be if our Government had some of them and have been experimenting on them like lab rats?

I'd imagine they wouldn't be to happy with us for shooting at them over the years. If we were a peaceful species our United Nations would have passed a law banning countries and people from shooting aliens.

Exhibit A: is that there is no such law. The Battle of Los Angeles is a pretty good picture of us shooting everything we had at the time at one of their ships.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I´m not afraid and I don´t know anyone who is, personally. I´d like to meet aliens. It´s so interesting how people in other planets live! I´m always interested in different cultures, indigenous people etc. It´s normal curiosity I think and it should be inevitable in future, if we are ready. Civilisations connect and do things together, to me it´s normal :-). I also think, that many people fear, because someone is afraid of losing power and best way to keep people away from something is to make them fear this something.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Are you 13? How about you answer the OP's question instead of just coming up with comments like "attack LA"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by ATLien

Sounds like an immature and unintelligent response on behalf of your brother.

ok , please tell us you reasons for your "mature and intelligent " descision not to fear them

the main three are :

why wont they be hostile ?

what if they have a toxic [ to humans ] biochemistry

what if they carry zeno pathogens that can infect terran species

Because Man should fear no Man...Alien or not they are still men. Would you be afraid of China because they're army dwarfs our army? No, you would fight them the same as the Nazi's and the Vietcong..
If for one reason or another death was inevitable as you described, than fear would be irrelevant, would it not?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It would not be scared at all! If they ended up being hostile, then i would rather be killed by them, than my own kind, which to be honest, is looking more likely

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
we fear aliens because we have been taught to fear them, the movies and television and comic books have all helped, very few movies exist where we befriend them, and in many others, we befriend them after they have set the example.

your thoughts are not your own, the foreign installation has got a hold on our very beliefs and our very thoughts.

we have faith in some beliefs, even if there isn't any proof, regarding this, there are more pictures of UFO, than there are pictures of god, there are more pictures of aliens, than of Santa and Jesus.

we believe what we are taught, our parents now days have very little say in our education, as even they are being educated at the same time...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
how many would abandon all their current daily agendas and positions in society and begin a manic fervor of worship and cultist movement toward the new visitors, kinda like all the randoms getting the messages in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and then descending in mass upon the sight of their arrival?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
well what about this....would u fear them if they looked just like us? if they were from another earth like planet on the cusp of our solar system...would u fear them then?

or would u fear them if they looked like the stereotypical grey, or reptilian?

someone mentioned that we fear the unknown and they are right we fear the unknown and we also fear change, especially when that change is sourced from something unknown lol

so mix that with years of brainwashing by hollywood to "fear the big bad aliens" and throw in the very real possibility that we could be visited...well instinctivley the barrier is going to go up, we go into fight or flight mode.

personally though i dont fear them, tbh i think it would be incredibly exciting, maybe it would take some type of "visitation" to sort the whole pyramid of power issue going on, the people who are currently "masters of the world" wouldnt be for much longer cuz the new big kid has strolled into town

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We fear aliens because we have good reason to.We have millions who have reported abduction,sexual experimentation,and all sorts of tests against your will.I offer up that you should fear some aliens who are here with hostile intent,but not all aliens are hostile.Obviously,a good portion of the grey aliens visiting here will have to be dealt with.In the near future as our technology improves,we should be able to take them out easily.At least we have the size and strength advantage,and are currently able to crush them physically.We need a little more research done about there powers to instill fear into our brains,which makes the human body shut down temporarily.The more we can block that out,we are on our way to victory.Right now they have the edge in the technology department.But we have the edge in strength,size and overall intelligence.I think in an all out war,vegas would list earth as the betting favorite .

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

but does abduction really happen? how does one get selected? ive heard storys of people being abducted while they were in bed and just floated out through a closed window...how does that occur? physically?!

all we have to go on with regards to abduction is witness testimony...we dont have hard facts, people who have had a nightmare and think they have been abducted, bat crazy people who are die hard followers of all things ufo, and no im not saying that all ufo folk are crazy, i myself believe there are "others" out there....

and say it was real...how do we know that they are malevolent? what if they were taking dna samples to see if they can help us medically...if the were malevolent then they wouldnt return us to where we were they would just kill us....the jury is still out for me with regards to abduction..well bad abductions at least

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by brindle

and say it was real...how do we know that they are malevolent? what if they were taking dna samples to see if they can help us medically...if the were malevolent then they wouldnt return us to where we were they would just kill us....the jury is still out for me with regards to abduction..well bad abductions at least If you want to help somebody by taking dna samples,you first inform them of what you are doing!Around these parts and all over the universe,there is something called kidnapping,which is what these aliens are doing.It is a serious crime.Abductions are kidnapping ,it is the same thing,because it is done against somebodys will.If you think abductions are ok ,regardless of the reason,i think you should contact your congressman and tel him to repeal the kidnapping law,you think it is ok for cretain reasons.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

firstly nowhere did i say it was ok....secondly as i stated how do we know that abductions even happen? and even if we were abducted doesnt mean that they are malevolent does it...do u think aliens are aware of kidnapping laws lol i doubt it and if true we are dealing with something far more advanced than ourselves, and most likley work differently than we do, but again if they were malevolent than why not just kill us if they abduct us?

just doesnt make any real sense to me....how do we know that abductees arent some cia agents crying wolf to creep people out and make people fear aliens?

like i say jury is still out in that one for me

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

First off,i love the mask.Its kind of mysterious.The reason we know abduction exists is because we have millions of testimonials of credible people.It only takes the testimony of one credible witness to convict a person of murder.If you wont accept the testimony of millions of people about there abduction experiences,it is time for you to take a stand to try to abolish the entire judicial system .At this point human testimony becomes worth nothing,and we will need to implement a whole new system of law,which without human testimony would be impossible.Chaos would run amuck with no law and it would be every man for himself.There are over 6 billion people.If these aliens who are terrorizing earth could coolnize us,they would.We would destroy them in a war.They are a weak breed of skinny,weak beings who always run and fly away when confronted.The case of lonnie zamora supports this.He was armed with a gun.These little aliens were so afraid,they ran to the craft and flew away.We are 6 billion strong,bigger and stronger with more intelligence than these skinny little weaklings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join