It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people really fear the idea of "alien" life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I was having a rare meaningful conversation with my brother yesterday about the unknown. I brought up the subject of aliens and I asked him how he would feel if they landed on the whitehouse lawn tomorrow. His response utterly shocked me! He told me he would fear for his life.

It shocked me because I never expected him to say that. I thought maybe he would be like "that would be cool" or something. I asked him why and he was talking about how we don't know what they want etc etc. I talked to him about it for awhile and in the end I think he may not view it the same way now, but still!

I was just wondering, how many people do you guys know that fear the idea of alien life? And what do you think would be helpful in curing that fear?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

[In response to thread title] Obviously too many otherwise Our Alien Pals would have revealed themselves allready

edit on 17/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I've never heard that response before...What is it he fears? Advanced technology? Enslavement?...Sounds like an immature and unintelligent response on behalf of your brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

He is very materialistic I have to admit. I had a hard time trying to figure out exactly what he was afraid of too because he didn't just come out and say it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Your brother is right. A human reaction about an Event like this one.

The problem in this issue is the Unaware of this reality.

There is only one way for your brother and All of us as human kind: Know ad aware.

Knowing is power. Knowing fight fear. Knowing is enlighting.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I would fear them until I learned more about them and why they are here before I ever let my guard down. It's common sence.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

i like this thread already as its on of my favourite subjects. so automatic S+F FOR U

firstly im not suprised about his response in the slightest. actually it just shows that the government in coalition with hollywood are doing thier jobs right.

You remember the film close encounters? well they tried to ban it....why? well because it showed aliens in a good light....have u noticed that almost every blockbuster alien films after that have shown them as "baddies"?

the past year or two alone...most recent being skyline showed them as baddies....

my belief is this...i think aliens are out there, maybe among us im no expert so i dont know, but say giant ships were to visit earth like the ones that are supposedly heading our way....and say they have come to save us from the corrupt PTB ...do u think the PTB would want us to leave? course not i mean who wud be left to pay taxes?

this is to ensure that if anything like that were to happen...and the government know more than we so its a possibility...its to ensure that we dont go and make them out to be the bad guys when they are really the good guys.

thats my thoughts at least...we are all being conditioned to FEAR aliens by media....same as we are to HATE muslims....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Nobody
but the" governments" of the world fear ufo/et disclosure That is just an excuse for them to cover it up,
would kinda threaten there hold on power!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

i mean look at the tv series "v"...its a remake of the series from the 70's-80's and they just happen to be reptilians, and they are baddies, coincedence?

not to mention, war of the worlds
independance day
monsters
to name a few

i dont fear them....unless i see them come here and start either eating us, harvesting us or turning us to dust then i dont believe ther is anything to fear....but like someone said the corrupt governments have everything to fear as they will lose control.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's perfectly natural for us to fear what we don't understand.

However, all we have as a basis for comparison, is ourselves.

My supposition is this though. Wars are fought over resources, when you get right down to it. However, a species capable of interstellar flight, would not want for resources. They could obtain whatever they need from unpopulated asteroids, planets, etc., without the need for warfare.

Therefore, I seriously doubt any star-faring race would be hostile. There simply isn't any reason for it, except in self defense.

Now, if massive motherships suddenly appeared over each major city....yeah, I could certainly understand the trepidation then...(and I'd likely be joining that run for the hills....)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I surely wouldn't fear unless they destroyed the white house upon arrival.
But then like anything, it would be time to fight even if there was no way to win.
we would just have to be poised liked the Spartans and figure out a weakness to exploit.

If they were peaceful, it would be very benifical if they wrote a book before hand.
Handed it to the President, one to NATO, one to the vatican, one to a muslim and one to the AP news.
then it could be reprinted for all of us to read.

In it would be answers to our questions we have.

In the the end, it would probably say please become peaceful towards one another, protect the earth and the environment because it is very important to us since we are your children.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It is based in subliminal programing. Preconceived ideas that have been ingrained for so long the origins no longer work within his conscious mind but instead lurk deeply within his subconscious.

In order to dig these base fears up from the unconscious thrown into the basement he would have to first become aware and that starts with looking inside through spiritual experience and meditation.

The fears are like a tangle of nerves so the ET phenomena gets mixed in with other negative life experiences and would need to be unraveled.

Best to start slow and present evidence which can be intellectualized and processed mentally. This can take years but well worth the effort if you wish to help bring your brother up to date on the subject.

He will have to go through all the stages at a snails pace before he comes to a point where things get clarity and he is able to differentiate between perceived threats and reality. Aside from Hollywood and some individuals who have met negative alien species, no one has ever died form their connection to the ET off worlders.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you think that you know for a fact how you would react to coming face to face with a completely alien, sentient, superior life-form then I think you are kidding yourself. Such a thing would be an 'extreme' situation and it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to know how you would react in an extreme situation. Though human beings like to think they are sentient, intelligent and rational, they are far from rational. Humans are unpredictable, emotional, violent beings. Haven't you ever been scared and felt the effects of the instinctively-released adrenaline as it coursed through your veins and arteries? The increased pulse, anxiety and sometimes panic. It's like when a human being sees a turtle in the road. stops his car to pick up the turtle and move it out of the road to save it from death. The turtle has no cognizance of your motives. It goes into a state of thoughtless panic does to its proximity and handling by this strange being which it instinctively knows has the ability to easily destroy it.

I guarantee that you would be extremely frightened and likely panic at a primal, instinctive level if faced with a totally alien, intelligent being.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
People i know usually fear the idea of extra terrestrials.They don't want to even thing about it.

They are afraid that the coming of an ET race would change their lives forever.
Even if an alien race comes with the best of intentions,people will fear them and they will run to the hills anyway.Hollywood have helped a lot in that part.

My understanding is that people fear change not aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Fear of the unknown is very common as our minds go into overdrive thinking of possible, but usually unrealistic threats. Information and understanding are the main things that do reduce fear. Trust is also an important aspect for valid information, something that is in very short supply on this and other topics. I would be happy to sit down and have a beer or many with some aliens, but would be very cautious about jumping on a space ship with them. With all the deception and lies going around these days I would need some form of proof that they are more interested in building a relationship than collecting some food or other sinister reason.

After spending a fair amount of time researching this topic I find it highly unlikely that they will come down to blow us up. If it look like that scenario is happening then I would be first looking at elements here on Earth as the prime suspect before looking into the stars.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Sounds like an immature and unintelligent response on behalf of your brother.

ok , please tell us you reasons for your "mature and intelligent " descision not to fear them

the main three are :

why wont they be hostile ?

what if they have a toxic [ to humans ] biochemistry

what if they carry zeno pathogens that can infect terran species

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If they were peaceful, it would be very benifical if they wrote a book before hand.
Handed it to the President, one to NATO, one to the vatican, one to a muslim and one to the AP news.

As long as it doesn't translate as "To Serve Man" and serve as a cookbook!

(Ah, some will get it)....

I think it would be more like in V, with a broadcast message, globally, in multiple languages, etc. It's pretty much what we'd do if the roles were reversed.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

how many people do you guys know that fear the idea of alien life?

i can only speak for myself - but i dont fear the idea of alien life , but i do fear the posibility of contact with a hostile / toxic / disease bearing alient

And what do you think would be helpful in curing that fear?

credible evidence that the specific fears expressed are unjustified

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I have no one in my life that fears alien life. I don't think many believe in alien life, or they just don't see the level of interaction with aliens and humans effects them

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Thank you for that great post, that are excatly my thoughts...
Well, I also like movies about "bad aliens" and The X-Files, but just because I also like horror movie... but I really think there is a kinda "propaganda" behind the movies that many people should assume that E.T. life is malevolent in reality too.
And all in all that invasion (America, Australia) and abduction (that's what we are doing with mice, rats or whatever) stuff is just HUMAN behavior... why should other intelligent life-forms be excatly like humans?

edit on 17-12-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join