It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX news, a propaganda story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Look Here

Not that I'm surprised at all. But is it provable ?

The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day. In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That’s a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:
* 91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
* 72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
* 72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
* 60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
* 49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
* 63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
* 56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
* 38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
* 63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)

The conclusion is inescapable. Fox News is deliberately misinforming its viewers and it is doing so for a reason. Every issue above is one in which the Republican Party had a vested interest. The GOP benefited from the ignorance that Fox News helped to proliferate. The results were apparent in the election last month as voters based their decisions on demonstrably false information fed to them by Fox News.

This is not an isolated review of Fox’s performance. It has been corroborated time and time again. The fact that Fox News is so blatantly dishonest, and the effects of that dishonesty have become ingrained in an electorate that has been been purposefully deceived, needs to be made known to every American. Our democracy cannot function if voters are making choices based on lies. We have the evidence that Fox is tilting the scales and we must now make certain its corporate owners do not get away with it.

But they are not the only one who can be blamed :

By the way, the rest of the media was not blameless. CNN and the broadcast network news operations fared only slightly better in many cases. Even MSNBC, which had the best record of accurately informing viewers, has a ways to go before it can brag about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Most of those i can't comment on, but i know people that don't watch any television that would like proof that the Economy is getting better in any way, especially as they are now talking about 4 dollar a gallon gas by sprint, rising home heating propane costs, as well as rising food costs.

So wether or not FoxNews is a propaganda machine, these facts are just out there in everyday life and I wonder where the info came from that the original site you used cited because around here, the economy sucks, plain and simple and isn't getting any better.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I find this suspect, especially since Rockefeller gave the press a real rocket very recently, and in fact singled out two of the worst offenders, in his opinion, one of which was Fox. I'm absolutely not defending Fox here, but I believe this is also part of an elite Agenda....looks as though there might be some in-fighting going on amongst the elite.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
MSNBC, FOX, CNN......I can't figure out why I keep repeating myself.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Huffington Post

Globe and Mail

Study conducted by worldpublicopinion.org at the U of Maryland and also from that university

The PDF doc from W.P.O.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Since 9/11 the media has lost a lot of integrity. Good to see that they are starting to look towards getting it back again. Another good step in the right direction has been made today, increased whistle blower protections was the other. Still a long way to go though.
edit on 17-12-2010 by kwakakev because: added 'made'

top topics

join