It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the world be different if TPTB were all women instead of men?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If women were put in charge of everything - governments, corporations, banking, ecology, economy, military etc., would things be different? And how would things be different?

Would things be better or worse I wonder.

I can't see it ever happening but an interesting thought nevertheless.

What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
They would have mastered the art of always being right.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's just that we seem to be living in a war-ravaged and crime-ridden, unsafe world, no thought for the ecology whatsoever, greedy, corrupt corporations and shaky economies, and it's men running things. Could this be the reason?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
you kidding? Last women we had as leader was worse than any of the men.

Anyone who has had a few girl friends knows women can be more cold hearted and more aggressive than men..Or is that just the English women?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'd like to say a world ruled by women would be more benevolent and probably it would be to some measure, but...

Having survived junior high and high school as well as working with mostly women I think there would definitely still be an elitist bent and a hierarchal or caste structure. It's just the nature of all animals - a pecking order if you will, particularly women. "Queen bees and wannabes".

I would also venture to say that, although there would likely be less all out warfare, I am quite certain that the level of covert operations would be off the chart.

edit on 17/12/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

No.

Women can be even more manipulative than men.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I don't mean to sound harsh, but one of the 'flaws' in a woman's personality is the fact that they tend to let emotion cloud their capacity for logical thinking.

Don't get me wrong, there are many women who excel at science and a lot of women are equally as adept as men in the logic department, but in terms of the overall average, these women are in a minority, whereas the majority of men think logically and critically.

I mean, we'd have to get used to our country's government forging relationships with another country, entirely based on the fact that the other country had ''nice colours on their flag''.

As for a woman with the capability of pressing the red button ?!
Oh no ! We'd have fullscale nuclear wars waged everytime it was that 'time of the month'.

Not to mention that the female leaders of the world would swiftly fall out, and call each other ''slags'' and ''bitches'', and would spend most of their time jealously commenting on each other's looks and hair, dress etc.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Jeez, what's with all the women bashing today?

I prefer to see each person as an individual, why do we feel the need to judge someone's entire personality based on their gender?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Surely this provocative topic can be dissected on ATS without the obvious sexist stereotypes just for the lulz.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
I prefer to see each person as an individual, why do we feel the need to judge someone's entire personality based on their gender?

But should we ignore the fact that there are certain personality traits that can be broadly applied to each gender ?

Should we really let political correctness get in the way of an objective and clinical analysis of issues surrounding gender ?

By the way, your child is very cute.

I love the expression on her face !

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sorry but I am unaware of the leaders of TBTP. Maybe you can inform me of who these "men" are

Who said there's no women there already, I wouldn't put it past ol' hill-dog. She's had a lot of influence for quite some time now.

GummB

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Surely this provocative topic can be dissected on ATS without the obvious sexist stereotypes just for the lulz.

I'm not doing anything ''for the lulz''.

Obviously my comments about female leaders having access to the red-button and bitching about each other is partly facetious, but my hyperbole only underlines the deeper issues of this conversation.

Women, as a rule, aren't cut out for responsible leadership. If TPTB were made up of women, rather than men, then we would be in dire straits.

In fact, I think that we would still be living in mud huts.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by KatieVA

But should we ignore the fact that there are certain personality traits that can be broadly applied to each gender ?

Should we really let political correctness get in the way of an objective and clinical analysis of issues surrounding gender ?

By the way, your child is very cute.

I love the expression on her face !

Thanks, (he's a boy) he was making fart noises out of his face when I took the photo

I agree that some women tend to let their emotions rule over everything, but pretty much any personality trait can be applied to each gender.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Women, as a rule, aren't cut out for responsible leadership. If TPTB were made up of women, rather than men, then we would be in dire straits.

In fact, I think that we would still be living in mud huts.

How very sexist of you.

edit on 17-12-2010 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The problem isn't the gender it's the power. Females have been rulers throughout history. When they were in tyranicle king states they were just as bad. When they were in egalitarian societies they were just as good. It's the structure of society that's the problem it has nothing to do with gender. That being said there have been historical devalueing of women and the sacred feminine but that is a different problem. It wouldn't be any better in reverse.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes.

Women, as a rule, aren't cut out for responsible leadership.

Wow.

Well, "as a rule" women are often found at the leading edge of social change - Harriet Beecher Stowe, Harriet Tubman, Susan B. Anthony, Eleanor Roosevelt, Rosa Parks. Not to mention these ladies who could take care of business.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Things would be much worse. When women go bad, it's *always* worse than when men go that way. I also think that nobody would see it coming. Women are, in general, better at social manipulation.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Theres no way you can really know, because they just don't run the world.

But I would venture to say things might be a little less violent, and a little less screwed up. Women do not take as many risks as men and there is not as much of that macho competition crap going on. I agree Women can be manipulative but thats often a result of societal brainwashing, IMO. They feel thats the only way they can get ahead, especially in a male-dominated world.

Personally I think we should have a Female Dominated global society, but thats the Domme in Me speaking

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp
The problem isn't the gender it's the power. Females have been rulers throughout history. When they were in tyranicle king states they were just as bad. When they were in egalitarian societies they were just as good. It's the structure of society that's the problem it has nothing to do with gender. That being said there have been historical devalueing of women and the sacred feminine but that is a different problem. It wouldn't be any better in reverse.

I agree, gender does not matter when it comes to power, character does.

Besides, let the men have their "power" I can almost guarantee 90% of their wives have had a hand in their decisions in the first place. Women as a whole are more sneaky and cold blooded, I firmly believe it is a genetic code built in. It is needed as they are the last defense of their young, men are the first defense.

Yes, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join