It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to strike if South holds planned live-fire drill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Nope. I have a good grasp you are just delusional..
And "navigation by the stars" is neither racist nor xenophobic.
Explain to me please how it could be either of those things.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

More proof to back up my quoted statement.
Did my message say we should go to war? I don't think the government has pushed this war at all actually.
We will defend South Korea. We backed them in the war.

I never said though which wars I agree with. I simply said that anyone who is pro NK is seriously ignorant and misinformed.

Answer me this then. Do you think all the hard labor prisons and torture and famine that are said to go on there are lies? They aren't, but do you think they are?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Nope. I have a good grasp you are just delusional..
And "navigation by the stars" is neither racist nor xenophobic.
Explain to me please how it could be either of those things.

Gee I dunno, for one who seem to assume that Cuba is so corrupt and backwards that Cubans need to jump on rafts and "navigate by the stars" so they can end up in Florida to live the American dream. You think Cubans don't have compasses or something?

I don't think the government has pushed this war at all actually.

If there was a facepalm emoticon on here, I would be using it right now.

Watch a few documentaries about NK on YouTube.

It's got to be the worst place in the World to live.

I guess you've been watching different documentaries than me, or maybe Youtube is in the hands of US interests and they don't like to put on videos that are extremely critical of current US issues.

Try looking up some photo essays by Russian journalists in Korea.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by GovtFlu

More proof to back up my quoted statement.
Did my message say we should go to war? I don't think the government has pushed this war at all actually.
We will defend South Korea. We backed them in the war.

I never said though which wars I agree with. I simply said that anyone who is pro NK is seriously ignorant and misinformed.

Answer me this then. Do you think all the hard labor prisons and torture and famine that are said to go on there are lies? They aren't, but do you think they are?

Never been there to see labor prisons, North Korean "enhanced interrogation", or famine.. Based on what I have read, sure thing.. NK govt sucks, which is common amongst govts these days.. such is life.

But lets say NK is unfairly and cruelly causing the suffering of millions with torture, kidnappings, hidden prisons, denial of rights / due process.. the US govt does the same things and IMO has zero credibility to suggest how other govts should behave... I have no problems with NK, Cuba, Chavez or any nation laughing hysterically at GOP & DNC party leaders 'demands'.

The difference being NK doesn't engineer elaborate lies to export violence to innocent strangers in other nations while pretending to be a beacon of virtue & justice.. NK 'leaders' make no apologies about being hyper protective fascist a-holes.. so why not leave them alone, give them their space and get on with life? provoking them is a booty punk-ass unnecessary thing to do.

When ill dong and his peoples army come to my block and start poop.. I'll get pissed, until then.. don't care, and don't care what clowns who call themselves politicians tell me to think.. they lie for a living.. The world would be a better place if more people summarily ignored the DC PTB.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It's a smartass comment but it's not racist or xenophobic. It was a joke. I honestly don't see how you got that out of it.

No facepalm necessary. Show me how the U.S. has pushed excessively for war with NK instead of just reacting rationally to the things NK does.

We push and propaganda for Venezuela, for Iran, but not for NK. Everything said about them is reactionary to their real actions and it is all rational.

No point in arguing though, I don't know why I'm bothering arguing with someone who is arguing against fact and common knowledge.
edit on 19-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Eh our government does shady stuff but you can't compare it to NK that's absurd.
If our government does it (they don't), it's not to tons of people and not just so they can get free labor out of them.

If we were in NK we would all be in camps because most likely, everyone here has criticized our government. You can't do that there.

Again as I said in the above post, I'm done arguing with people that don't see the problem with NK and how they violate human rights so much.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think this will spiral into an all out war !!
If these drills go on as planned "soon" there is no question there will be an exchange that will spiral out of control.
We need a way for south korea to save face while canceling these drills!! which they have every right to hold live fire drills on there own territory but maybe in the name of peace find a way to cancel these.. just a bad situation

the weather is ideal for drills today and it will also be clear all night and the next day in case of escalation.
it is currently 4 am day break should be interesting...
local time and weather

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
as per CNN, the drills have just started.

Duck and Cover people.... Duck and Cover. lol

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

edit on 19-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join