It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US embassy cables: Don't tell us what to do, India warns US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

US embassy cables: Don't tell us what to do, India warns US

www.guardian.co.uk

1. (C) Summary: Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon related to the Ambassador May 1 that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told the Prime Minister during his April 29 stop in Delhi that the world is changing in Iran's favor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

Although I'm still undecided, this is goes along my theory that India won't join US.

US knows it will collapse therefore is trying to make India the Israel of East, but it will fail because China, Pakistan and Iran is pressuring them.

US has absolutely no more allies left in that region which is a very, very bad thing

Related Info:

US embassy cables: Iran manipulating Indian opinion-makers, Washington told

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-12-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Are you angry because the world is waking up and leaving US propaganda in the trash?

That is not bashing US, that is reality.

Are you angry because the world is fighting back against US crimes and aggression?

Are you angry that US has no more friends left in East due to its psychotic actions of invasions, occupations, destabilizations, assassinations, coups, proxy wars...

Reality Check

They must want to attack you because of your freedom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f17ce2dbbf5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You bash the USA.
You bash the UK.

You bash anyone who isnt muslim or attacks muslims or islam,

All your threads and posts are the same.

The USA does what is does, I don't agree.
The UK follows them..aswell i dont agree.

But i dont spend thread after thread after thread condemning them.
Reality check....nobody likes islam apart from the islamist's and poeple like you who desperately want to go to Afghanistan and kill infidels.

You should change your name to MUJAOOZZYHADIN
edit on 17-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

India is probably still ticked off at us for not helping them invade Pakistan in 2001.

In hindsight we should have helped them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Please people, read the source, it is

Wikileaks

Menon also cautioned the U.S. against telling India what to do, especially in public. "This government has to be seen following an independent foreign policy, not responding to dictation from the U.S.,"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
reply to post by oozyism

You bash the USA.
You bash the UK.

You bash anyone who isnt muslim or attacks muslims or islam,

All your threads and posts are the same.

The USA does what is does, I don't agree.
The UK follows them..aswell i dont agree.

But i dont spend thread after thread after thread condemning them.
Reality check....nobody likes islam apart from the islamist's and poeple like you who desperately want to go to Afghanistan and kill infidels.

You should change your name to MUJAOOZZYHADIN
edit on 17-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

Please refrain from personal attacks and concentrate on the topic.

I humbly ask

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Andy1972 , just because Oozy speaks out against US and UK actions doesnt make him a bad person, and neither does his acceptance of Islamic persons, thier faith, or thier creed. How simply childish of you. I am a Christian, and I speak out against the wars that are fought by the UK and US , and I am not a bad person, or wrong. What I am , is aware that our military pose a greater threat to innocent Afghans, and posed a greater threat to Iraqis as a nation, than either nations minority radicals posed to us by such a long way that fighting them in the way we have, makes us all seem degenerate and full of crap , especialy when we talk about compassion and understanding.
And MikeBoydUS, no one should be invading anyone elses nation , for any reason. Just because a few thousand people in a nation happen to be radicalised does not mean that you can justfify war with an entire nation. If a better way than full scale war cannot be arrived at, then the problem will have to remain until a decent resolution can be found. Attacking a whole nation over the actions of a minority is not, and never will be acceptable, unless they have a military machine which is rolling across the entire world ( like the Nazis did for instance) and without stoppage will see everyone blonde, blue eyed, and tempted by the idea of copulating with thier relatives. The Muslim radicals in Pakistan have no such power, nor do the entire radical population of the world. Thier numbers are far to small , and thier military and destructive means far too limited.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would say that the "America losing ally in India" stance is a fairly radical interpretation of the text - after all, it also said that Iran was a little bitch who probably bad-mouthed everyone when they weren't in the room.

The only bit that could vaguely be interpreted as animosity twixt US & India was the

Menon also cautioned the U.S. against telling India what to do, especially in public. "This government has to be seen following an independent foreign policy, not responding to dictation from the U.S.,

Which to my mind seems more conspiratorial (is that a word?) - "don't tell us what to do where other people can see" seems to be the point and "don't let them think that we're just your puppet." That we must be seen to be independent doesn't mean that "we don't agree with you", an equally valid interpretation would be "they must think that we came to the same conclusion independently, so that they don't realise that we planned this together".

Not being paranoid or nuffink, just saying that the Guardian's headline did not accurately portray the content.

Interesting article, anyway. S+F.
edit on 17/12/2010 by TheWill because: another potential non-word substituted

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Umm... what happened in this thread?

Anyhow back on topic...
BS
Indian prime minister has sold out to America Inc., and by that I mean Monsanto and Obama.
Obama is not a friend of India despite him going to India and the first lady dancing with indian kids.
Washington has been selling to India and to Pakistan, they are arming both nations, nothing is being done out of the goodness of their hearts.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Although I'm still undecided, this is goes along my theory that India won't join US.

US knows it will collapse therefore is trying to make India the Israel of East, but it will fail because China, Pakistan and Iran is pressuring them.

US has absolutely no more allies left in that region which is a very, very bad thing

My theory goes like this: US is determined to stay in Afghanistan forever. Reason: keep the oil pipeline from being built from Iran, through Pakistan, and into India. That pipeline would go through the Balochistan Province of Pakistan, which shares a border with Iran.

Pakistan has so far kept the US out of there. US is probably already infiltrating though. The strategy is to separate potential allies, keep Iran, Pakistan, and India from trading freely. Keep India and China from trading freely. Keep central Asian oil and gas from going strait to China, by having US presence in every central Asian country. Surround China also by Sea. The US has already formed military agreements with Thailand, Singapore, Viet Nam, Japan, South Korea.

The US does have allies, but from their view, they will keep taking military aid from US, which is spewing out like a water tank with a huge gash in it. When US goes bankrupt, allegiance will then quickly shift to Iran, China, India.

The US is making an all or nothing bid here. They will lose. Complete bankruptcy. The only question is: will they go quietly like the USSR did, or will they refuse surrender and launch their nukes?

edit on 20-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

join