It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I myself am a believer in intelligent life other than humans. Now saying if this life does exist and is here like many believe,they believe not only it is here but people with great enough security clearances can work with this life,in joint human/alien facilitys. So,say the above is true. WHy havent they came out yet? What are they hiding?

At this point we have to say if they do exist and they havent came out yet they may be plotting something wicked. Think about it,all the government would have to say is their are peaceful aliens among us and they have been helping us advance. But they have not done so,doesnt it lead a person to believe the intentions of these aliens is not purely to help us?
edit on 17-12-2010 by whipsandchainsamerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You ask why they didn't show till now, let me ask you if you would enter with a rose in a lions cage? Do you really believe that we are ready to comprehend even 1% of their society? Some speak about alien contact as if they must greet us, first let us solve our problems on this planet and only afterwards we can learn from aliens. ( Such a relative term, aliens)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
My answer to you is this ; They have technology beyond your recognition, clean, efficient, and comparable to magic I would assume.

The men that literally control this world, control it with resources.. like OIL... and natural gas... essentially enslaving mankind... (not that we're treated all that badly)

If they came out and said yes, aliens are here, we work with them... they have technology that is disgustingly powerful... and free...

You can imagine what would happen...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
We have evolved out of diapers, now on the toilet - we need to learn how to wipe our asses.

This is about self responsibility. It is blessing to be on Earth, and yet we suffer from such amnesia that few even recognize that fact - leading to said chaos.

But I agree, if they really are here, it would be nice if they wrote out a couple of guidelines for us. Considering what a poor job mankind has done at relaying such lessons to it's future generations, it would appear as if we were very clearly in dire need of at least some level of global guidance.
edit on 17-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just as Earth has a very diverse culture, the galactic scene seams even more complex and diverse. Yeah, there is heaps to fear as the Military / Industry complex has shown. I am with you in thinking that if they where here for peace we would already know about it, but on the other hand we are not dead yet. Well not all of us anyway. Heaps of stories around, have found the site www.exopolitics.org... attempting to put some scientific peer review to this complex picture.

Something is going on, that is certain.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

we are probably no good to them dead...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's always a good question...

WHY do the aliens want the secret to be kept?

If they wanted to harm us, seems they would have done so by now.
If they wanted to help us, seems they would have done so by now.

So, what does that leave?

My bet is that they simply want us to stay put, until such time as THEY deem us fit to interact with the others that are most surely out there. I'm imagining that space-faring races aren't very warlike (as they no longer have resource crises, the cause of war), so they are probably a bit alarmed at our propensity for it. If you had interstellar travel, no resource is scarce. You can mine uninhabited asteroids and planets for anything you need. You could terraform other worlds to serve population needs, etc.

Just a supposition, but quarantine seems the likeliest reason for secrecy. If we knew about them, there would be more of a public push to get out there, meet others, etc., and I'm guessing they don't want that yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

I believe there is alien life in the universe, I don' think it's here. now IF (big if) there was aliens around watching us, not communicating, I don't think they would be planning something wicked as opposed to observation, maybe no different than a human going to a zoo.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the day the earth stood still. all eyes would focus directly on them and the ENDLESS questions would completely disrupt humanity as a whole.
who's going to want this?
who's going to want their natural naive order of life disrupted and have to be rethought?
only a minority, the majority couldn't deal with it and humanity would suffer its consequences.
edit on 17-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There could be many conceivable reasons why they don't make themselves known and that many other things are hidden from us. One such concept that comes to mind is that it may be by our own choice. Something akin to the ST:TNG Episode Clues (Season 4, Episode 14) comes to mind. Perhaps it is in our interest and by our own unremembered desires.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Since TheFlash talked about Star Trek,i will remind the first rule.The Prime Directive.

Also known as Starfleet General Order 1, the Prime Directive is the most important law in Starfleet, a law of noninterference.

The Directive states that members of Starfleet are not to interfere in the internal affairs of another species, especially the natural development of pre-warp civilizations, either by direct intervention, or technological revelation. When studying a planet's civilization, particularly during a planetary survey, the Prime Directive makes it clear that there is to be "No identification of self or mission. No interference with the social development of said planet. No references to space, other worlds, or advanced civilizations.

That could give you an answer as to why aliens are not making themselves known to us.I know this is a rule from a sci-fi show,but sounds logical.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Since TheFlash talked about Star Trek,i will remind the first rule.The Prime Directive. [...]
That could give you an answer as to why aliens are not making themselves known to us.I know this is a rule from a sci-fi show,but sounds logical.

It sounds somewhat logical to us, because we like to study things without contaminating them first. However, is it logical that 10,000 civilizations would feel the exact same way about it? If nothing else, the chances of us being contacted and attacked by a predator species over the course of the last 50,000 years or so would seem pretty high. If there are any Star Trek-type aliens close enough to get to us.

Otherwise, space is really, really big. And life could be extremely rare. And we're kind of out on the edge of the galaxy. So it's probably unlikely that we're so tough we scare them away. It's more like we're not worth the effort.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Whatever naive can be your question it is right in the core.
Why they "plotting something wicked" don’t stop the earth
astronauts from their discoveries or maybe we are wicked
and they have a plot to free us from that wickedness.

top topics

join