It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist Arrogant

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Originally posted by spy66
There are no solid facts that support the Big Bang it is just a theory still.

A theory is the highest level of certainty a scientific idea can achieve. It is the graduation from hypothesis.

The light and radiation that they claim they have observed is not any proof once or ever.

Yes, it is. It follows the prediction of the Big Bang model.

It can't be proven that it is from the Big Bang. They cant prove where its from at all. They can just observe it, time it and make a claim.

You probably need to do some reading up on the theory itself. Please do so. It's an incredibly fascinating theory.

Oh, and there's also the motion of the universe. If you track the motion of everything in the universe backwards we all started out in one point. How does that not prove the BBT?

link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
yep today Atheists are still arrogant

Wipe the poop-eating grin off your face. You've provided absolutely no evidence for any of your claims you ignorant bigot.

I am mounting evidence here to support my theory, which is very 'scientific' by method of collecting data.

So you're using a half dozen people as a sample size for a group that numbers between 500 and 750 million?

0.0000012% must define the whole group.

Hell, show me a specific instance of arrogance in this thread. Show me that you can even demonstrate a working knowledge of the word 'arrogance' you ignorant bigot.

some just have no vision

What does this even mean?

or totally took all the wrong classes in school, hehe...

Yeah, I actually took some. You clearly didn't take any, as you demonstrate an ignorance of the following subjects:

History
Theology
Philosophy
Sciences
Logic

I guess I was too busy being evil and doing heroin to pay attention, graduate, and get into a University where I'm currently working on an honors degree.

link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Here is the problem. If you know your right no matter how humble or laid back you want to be, it always leads to arrogance in any field of knowledge, it's human nature.

Evidence please?

Although I have meet people who are right on a topic and never mount a defense they just smile and carry on.

Mounting a defense isn't arrogant. It's simply asserting that the facts are on your side. Arrogance would be making a metric poop-ton (SI measurement) of baseless claims and then calling the people who question them arrogant.

Radical atheism is arrogant, it can't help itself, it is embedded in it's very existence.

How? How is 'not believing in a deity' arrogant?

There are some people on YouTube like this.

Like who?

And the ones on ATS well they are the ones posting in a dedicated religious sub-forum of ATS.

It's not a dedicated religious sub-forum, it's dedicated to discussion of religion. I can't believe you made such an ignorant claim for someone who is claiming to be "Veteran ATS".

It is a bit of an invasion of late and it must be fought. I think it's because ATS/BTS were merged.

An invasion? I'm sorry, but I've been on this subforum since I started my time on ATS, wayyy back before you were a member.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have to correct here:

Originally posted by SpaceJ

You never really answer me directly. Do you understand how the word atheist is used? If you are a Christian, then you are an atheist to the Egyptian and Greek gods.

Reply: There is only one god, there is only one god whom is love.

Anyone with a belief is by effect going to have a disbelief in other things that contradict their belief.

Reply: By effect, there is a dualistic mindset needed therefore. Love is no dualism.

Why do Christians assume that anytime a person uses the word "god" that they must be referring the the Christian god???

Reply: This is not assumed I suppose.

edit on 12/20/2010 by SpaceJ because: fix

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

An invasion? I'm sorry, but I've been on this subforum since I started my time on ATS, wayyy back before you were a member.

Yeah about a years difference in registering, that's wayyy back

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by SpaceJ

Actually the Abrahamic God is the most common in the world as he is believed by most.
Islam, Christianity, & Judaism. That's billions of people. So when people say "God" most assume you are speaking of this one. Not Zeus or Vishna or some other extinct deity like Baal or Dagon.

reply to post by Kailassa

I actually agree with Newton in two key area's, there is no immortality of the soul, and there is no Trinity, at least with Newton he could understand some of the bible, he was way a. of his time for basic biblical understanding, because of his intelligence and not willing to be swayed by prior church dogma.

edit on 20-12-2010 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

Well, I guess I should say thank you for supporting my thought that Judeo-Christians assume that the word god means their idea of god. Isn't that a kind of arrogant assumption for Judeo-Christians to make?
edit on 12/20/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well, I was saying waaay back in reference to it being over five years ago now. Of course, you're going to continue your pettiness and not address the meat of my post.

This forum isn't just for religious people, it's open to those who have anything to discuss with regards to 'religious' things.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I still think this post is misguided because it is stereotyping the whole grouping of people. But it did make me think a lot. It inspired me to post this thread on why some people must assume that the word god is theirs alone:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by spy66

Oh, and there's also the motion of the universe. If you track the motion of everything in the universe backwards we all started out in one point. How does that not prove the BBT?

Ok lets talk about this one. Because that is what proves that the Big Bang theory is so wrong.

If you track the present expansion back to a starting point you have what science call a singularity or something.

My question to you is:

1. where did it come from. How did that point, source get there?

2. What compressed it into a singularity or what ever source you want to call it (how)?

It must have been a mass of some sort. Where did it come from.

I will illustrate what i mean with a image.

Lets say that the red dot in the center is the starting point. Ok, That you mention.

Doesn't this red dot tell you that it can't have been the beginning?

This red dot must have been formed, because it ain't infinite. How that red dot was formed is the beginning.

How does your science tell you that this starting point was formed? It probably mentions something about compression, right!

What compressed it to what it is. What source?

And where did the matter come from, to form it. I will say formed and not created since it makes it seam religious.

I just have to add. What happens when something is being compressed. Does the compressed energies emit energies as well. If so what does that do to the compression and the matter being compressed?

It is probably the whole clue to why the singularity never exploded.

Could it be that the light and radiation scientists see is from the compression and not a Big Bang?

I bet that singularity was quite hot and bright before it blew up, if it was being compressed

I dont know! you tell me since you know this stuff. Or should i say a link to a scientific page that knows this stuff?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well, I was saying waaay back in reference to it being over five years ago now.

I've been on this subforum since I started my time on ATS, wayyy back before you were a member.

Sure you meant that way.

Opps

Oh well we are all entitled to make mistakes, it makes us less arrogant in the end.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm going to give you just the short answer because I'm doing some cooking and you seem to have a misconception about science.

A scientific theory has one purpose, to describe a phenomenon. Its validity is founded only in its ability to do so. Whether or not it describes phenomenon that lead up to the one it describes is irrelevant.

Basically, the Big Bang Theory would hold true if it were all the product of the actions of a magical space burrito.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

I'm going to give you just the short answer because I'm doing some cooking and you seem to have a misconception about science.

Basically, the Big Bang Theory would hold true if it were all the product of the actions of a magical space burrito.

Madness, I wonder if you are cooking a burrito?

Anyway, all this discussion of evolution vs. creation is tiring. No one at this point can know for sure. Some place their trust in creation and some in evolution. What is the difference really? We all have opinions, but none of us can "know". There is no answer for this, at least not right now. Those who place trust in religion choose creation, those who place trust in science choose evolution. I wish we could all just accept that we don't know for certain, we have great ideas, great philosophies, great stories, and great theories, but until then...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I really am quite tired of your troll-like tactics in this particular thread. You posted this as bait and we atheists fell into your trap only to be smeared further with unfounded assertions about our character. Well I for one am done in this thread as you are clearly not interested in a discussion of whether or not atheists ARE indeed arrogant and have already made up your mind. You followed through by leading us on and never addressing any real points in order to get us to display our "arrogance" as thought it would support your assertions.

I'm done until I see a bit more maturity and an actual desire to have an honest discussion rather than just troll atheists to tell us we're all jerks, liars, thieves and arrogant snipholes.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Actually, I was cooking up some nice chicken.

As for creation vs evolution...we can know for sure. We are sure. There's mountain ranges worth of evidence in favor of evolution, yet none in favor of creationism.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I really am quite tired of your troll-like tactics in this particular thread. You posted this as bait and we atheists fell into your trap only to be smeared further with unfounded assertions about our character. Well I for one am done in this thread as you are clearly not interested in a discussion of whether or not atheists ARE indeed arrogant and have already made up your mind. You followed through by leading us on and never addressing any real points in order to get us to display our "arrogance" as thought it would support your assertions.

I'm done until I see a bit more maturity and an actual desire to have an honest discussion rather than just troll atheists to tell us we're all jerks, liars, thieves and arrogant snipholes.

mkay... step aside and prove me right in my other thread (Atheists are quitters)

I am not trolling contrary to what you may believe, You have to show us non-believers of Atheism where is comes from and what it preaches.

You have to fight for your faith ! (nicely of course cause they have rules here)

learning that myself the hard way...
edit on 12/20/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJ

As for creation vs evolution...we can know for sure. We are sure. There's mountain ranges worth of evidence in favor of evolution, yet none in favor of creationism.

I thought we already established that Evolution was a part of Creation ?

I am getting dizzy going around in all these loops...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

reply to post by spy66

Madness, I wonder if you are cooking a burrito?

Anyway, all this discussion of evolution vs. creation is tiring. No one at this point can know for sure. Some place their trust in creation and some in evolution. What is the difference really? We all have opinions, but none of us can "know". There is no answer for this, at least not right now. Those who place trust in religion choose creation, those who place trust in science choose evolution. I wish we could all just accept that we don't know for certain, we have great ideas, great philosophies, great stories, and great theories, but until then...

It seams like madness..... has the scientific answer to how a singularity came to be. But so far he has given nothing scientific. More like an excuse of some sort.

Because if science could produce facts about the Big Bang theory there would be "one theory" not many different once. And he should be able to answer my questions with ease. But i guess the Big Bang theory is just as good as the religious one.

The only difference here is in what theory he believes in.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
All this arguing over the root or spring of arrogance/pride is disgusting. What makes a man arrogant is not attributable to a belief, it is attributable to humanity. The moment when we realize the other side is a reflection of our self is the moment when we will have understanding, peace and true love for our neighbor.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJ

It is.

Evolution is a part of creation. Its in the Bible in Black and white.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Finally someone says something with a lick of sense. Everyone is capable of arrogance. Atheists aren't more or less arrogant than anyone else.

reply to post by SpaceJ

No, you simply stated it as if it were fact...which is odd since you're somehow continually denying the scientific aspects of evolution.

Yeah, you keep using circular arguments, it tends to happen.

reply to post by spy66

Originally posted by spy66
It seams like madness..... has the scientific answer to how a singularity came to be. But so far he has given nothing scientific. More like an excuse of some sort.

...no, I provided an explanation of science. The Big Bang Theory isn't predicated upon how the singularity formed or if the singularity existed. It simply puts forth that, at one point in history approx. 13.5 billion years ago, there was a massive expansion from a single point.

Can you please show me how The Big Bang Theory would be false if the expansion was started by a magical burrito?

Because if science could produce facts about the Big Bang theory there would be "one theory" not many different once.

...can you please name a recognized scientific alternative to the Big Bang Theory?

And he should be able to answer my questions with ease.

Yes, a layperson studying film should really be able to answer detailed scientific questions relating to fields of physics where there is still discussion. with ease.

But i guess the Big Bang theory is just as good as the religious one.

The only difference here is in what theory he believes in.

Nope, it's not that. The Big Bang Theory has a bunch of supporting evidence, while the only support for the religious ideas, as there are a lot more than one of them, are supported by ancient hearsay and nothing more.

The thing is that you're relying on two misunderstandings of science:

You're expecting science to either have an answer or for the religious answer to be the valid one in instances of their not being a scientific answer. This is a classic "god of the gaps" state of mind.

Secondly, you're expecting every scientific theory to be a unified theory of everything. The Big Bang Theory explains the observed movement of the universe outward from a single point. We have plenty of supporting evidence for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join