It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist Arrogant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
Your turn to provide proof. Show me a definition that says that is what agnostic means.

please thoroughly read page three of this topic... before you go off the topic.

what you request is there, and it comes form alternate sources like dictionary dot com, ect.

Next...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Do you ever plan on answering

yes but just not to you !

Next...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

So not to anyone who actually asks you a question you can't answer then.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

She should be a teacher.

yes J but she contradicts herself in the very beginning of the video... then you get an edited cut saying that we should understand that she is an Agnostic Atheist... But in the beginning just before she scratches Agnostics off her board what does she say ?

lets have a review shall we ?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So not to anyone who actually asks you a question you can't answer then.

no you are just arrogant, and I respond to arrogance here with the same... I would hug you in person though, you just don't know me.

stop acting like madness and we may be able to get along try starting with short and sweet conversations.

edit: I may have forgot to tell you I don't like cats

edit on 12/18/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
are Atheist over-opinionated and not entirely as intelligent as they wish to appear ? Arrogance is the first wall of defense for a very insecure person... I believe Einstein once said he disliked talking to Atheist because all they ever talk about is God.

are Atheists trapped in the same arrogant behavior that fundamentalist wackos perform ?

The truth is, most atheists are not nice, especially those that are active on the Internet...

Why don't we have a review of this.

Did you provide a single bit of reliable evidence to support a single claim that you made in this post yet?

Lets start with a few more quotes from Einstein shall we

I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.

Or this

Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking coupled with the impression that youth is intentionally being deceived by the state through lies; it was a crushing impression.

or how about this gem

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one.

link

Do you still want to claim Einstein as supporting evidence for your views?
edit on 18-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

You claim arrogance on my part but all I have done is ask you questions that you refuse to answer,you on the other hand have insulted people and then claim that you "love" them
edit on 18-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

just so you know I had an engagement to attend to tonight and I had to step away for several hours, I am now reading the responses and replying in order that they are in my inbox.

I am getting to it, I will give you attention so don't worry ok

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Why don't we have a review of this.

Did you provide a single bit of reliable evidence to support a single claim that you made in this post yet?

yes plenty, start on page one... reread page three thoroughly.

Lets start with a few more quotes from Einstein shall we

oh Einstein as a weapon... I haven't seen this tactic yet

try being original and formulate your own opinions.

Next...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
folks please ! this thread is about atheist being arrogant. This is not a battle between atheistic evolutionist and God fearing peoples, this is about your perception of Atheist in general.

If I am not responding to you it may be because you keep going off topic, I hope this clears things up for some posters.

(Are Atheist Arrogant)

could be a simple yes/no for all I care !

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yes.

I am arrogant enough to believe the entire universe wasn't made for my personal viewing pleasure.

I am also arrogant enough to believe that a deity didn't give his life so I could feel good about myself no matter what I do.

Yep, I am arrogant.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't think people who dont believe in God or the Bible are arrogant. People will never have faith in something they dont bother to understand.

Most people dont understand science either but they have faith in it. Because it is physical.

Scientists and common people have faith in the Big Bang theory even though it makes less sense then Genesis chapter 1. Common people have faith in the Big Bang theory because scientists have it.

I have asked a scientist who have faith in the Big Bang theory, where the singularity came from. What formed it and what compressed it so that it would explode. What caused the compression and how could it cause the singularity to explode?

There was no real good answer from him. He did mention something about something impacting the singularity causing it to explode. Then i told him. Is that a fact? No, its a theory he said.

Then i asked him if there is any difference in your theory compared to Genesis chapter 1. They are both theories, i said. He said Yeah i dont believe a Godly creation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

How does the Big Bang theory make less sense than the creation myth, I am not calling Genesis a theory because it doesn't fall into the definition of theory..... On the other hand we have somewhat tested the theory of the Big Bang and are able to recreate it, so what exactly doesn't make sense about the BB again
'

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Yes.

I am arrogant enough to believe the entire universe wasn't made for my personal viewing pleasure.

do you mean for all mankind or for humanities pleasure or is this just a personal self-centered view ?

Yep, I am arrogant.

agreed...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

nice post, it does show the closed mindedness of some people and even they can be scientist. The story speaks volumes and I thank you for the input.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I love Atheists...they are so obsessed with God that they talk about God all the time and remind me of my faith constantly.

Thanks Atheists...you little God obsessed devils.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well you don't have to read that link I posted but it's just writings from people like Mark Twain, Einstein, Russel, etc. Good stuff to read because they are all atheists but they were also very respectful and didn't claim to know for certain so they were agnostic on the knowledge aspect.

I feel that link shows that the answer to your posted question is no.

My opinion is that anyone gnostic about either atheism or theism, could be referred to as arrogant.

But you never answered my question, which was would you call an agnostic atheist arrogant? Because I don't see how you could call a person who takes an agnostic standpoint arrogant, so therefore I would think you wouldn't find agnostic atheists to be arrogant. So that would mean that you yourself don't think "atheists" in general as you put it, are arrogant...

Saying all atheists are arrogant is just as much of a stereotype as saying all theists are arrogant. I don't think all theists are arrogant, at all! But some can be, just as some atheists can be. So what more could you be getting at with this question/post???
edit on 12/19/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well you don't have to read that link I posted but it's just writings from people like Mark Twain, Einstein, Russel, etc. Good stuff to read because they are all atheists but they were also very respectful and didn't claim to know for certain so they were agnostic on the knowledge aspect.

I highly doubt it because if they had chose to study religion as well as they have perused their other fields then I believe they would have know the truth... No one who refutes or does not believe knows the truth well enough to deny it.

Einstein is a hero of mine and he played it quite cool... (God does not play dice)

But you never answered my question, which was would you call an agnostic atheist arrogant?

my opinion of course is that Agnosticism is a road to somewhere and has noting to do with Atheism, these two words combined mean very little to me... It is like a kid wanting to break away and move out of the parents house but still wanting to get money from mom and dad, and having a place to go if the bottom drops out from under them.

there is no middle ground for any length of time... the switch is either off or it is on.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b35582b17fbc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So what more could you be getting at with this question/post???

since you edited your response to tailor-fit my reply I will respond to this part of your edit...

This topic is a response to a topic made in the (Origins & Creation) section, it was made by an Atheist "madnessinmysoul"

This topic is a beacon of light for those who can not see (the blind) and for those without vision... Insects are attracted to light btw for another little pointer and so are fish...

This topic is also made to address the arrogance that Atheists convey to others, or that others may perceive about atheism in general (I guess me being one of those people) I am wondering why Atheists come off a super arrogant

This topic is to address facts about Atheism and discuss why the majority perceive it as total self-centered arrogance and why Atheism is almost militant in its doctrine to others.

edit on 12/19/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

I highly doubt it because if they had chose to study religion as well as they have perused their other fields then I believe they would have know the truth... No one who refutes or does not believe knows the truth well enough to deny it.

So no matter how many people we show you to the opposite you'll just stick your fingers in your ears and deny it? I myself studied religion, even considered pursuing theology with philosophy as a career in my younger years. I was a devout Catholic, read the Bible several times, yet here I am as an atheist.

Oh, and you cannot claim you have the 'truth' without demonstrating as much. Of course, I know you hate demonstrating any claim you make.

Einstein is a hero of mine and he played it quite cool... (God does not play dice)

"God" in this sentence is a metaphor. Einstein was speaking about how he didn't believe in quantum physics as a viable field of science...he later realized he was wrong.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
Letter to an atheist (1954) as quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side (1981) edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman ISBN 0691023689

Einstein didn't believe in any deity, deal with it.

But you never answered my question, which was would you call an agnostic atheist arrogant?

my opinion of course is that Agnosticism is a road to somewhere and has noting to do with Atheism, these two words combined mean very little to me...

Agnostic: Does not know
Atheist: Does not believe in a deity
Agnostic Atheist: Neither knows nor believes in a deity

An agnostic atheist is an individual who doesn't believe in any deity yet doesn't think that they can be certain about such a belief or nonbelief.

It is like a kid wanting to break away and move out of the parents house but still wanting to get money from mom and dad, and having a place to go if the bottom drops out from under them.

Wow, I hope eight bits doesn't see that little bit.

You've repeatedly displayed an utter lack of understanding of philosophy, theology, science, and general reason in these threads. Why should anyone continue responding to these posts?

there is no middle ground for any length of time... the switch is either off or it is on.

Yes, and agnosticism is a different switch. It's the 'can I know?' switch.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join