It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist Arrogant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
In my opinion, today... Atheist are still arrogant. There is no reasoning with an Atheist, they only want you to see things their way, they have never heard of 'live and let live' either.

I think you REALLY need to take a good look in the mirror. And look up 'projection'. Because I honestly think that's what you're dealing with here.

I have been able to ascertain the level of IQ most atheist must have just by the way they look when you do an image search on Google...

Really? You can tell someone's IQ by looking at their picture? My! What a talented person you are! I googled atheist images and couldn't find the picture you posted, though... Hmmm.... You must have had to really look for that unflattering one! But your claim of low IQs flies in the face of actual studies that as intelligence increases, so does atheism. I think I'll believe the actual studies rather than your obviously limited psychic talents.

Here's what came up when I googled atheist images:

Atheism in my opinion is a scourge, one could even consider it a disease...

Anyone who is so completely obsessed with a harmless group of people, while being completely ignorant of them, has got some real issues. Have you talked to your clergy person? I'd advise it.

I would like to meet one that could change my outlook about Atheism in general.

Could this be you ?

I have no desire to change you, so no. Besides, I try to keep my distance from such angry people who hate for no reason. People who preach the word of God through venom and loathing give me the willies.

please oblige me so I do not begin to think everyone with a bone in their nose is arrogant/ignorant and self-centered. Then I may actually believe some of them may have an IQ over 85.

You think whatever you want. The more you talk, the more clearly your dissatisfaction with your self and your life shows... It's so obvious. I'm beginning to feel a real compassion for you because I can see and feel the darkness in your soul. I'm so sorry you have so much hatred in your heart. I hope one day you find your happiness and contentment with yourself - and can clear out the blackness that inhabits your spirit. Maybe then you'll no longer have to look to other people for meaning in your life.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
You know, I'm surprised this entire thread hasn't been scrapped by the mods due to flagrant, baseless hate speech against a group of individuals.

you know I am surprised you have not been banned long ago for all the hate speech in your post history, you incite and make the same observations about others who do not believe as you do or the minority does. The minority always yell the loudest it seems.

This is not hate speech at all, my comments are what I and other (alot of others) perceive about certain groups of individuals. It is disgusting I know.

please stay on topic Madness... I realize you and some may have real difficulty in accepting this as a topic but it is a topic at hand, if you can not accept it then step aside and let the discussion continue.

please try to stay on topic... if any would like to discuss off-topic issues with me then make a post where off-topic conversations are allowed to happen and let me know where it is.

thanks...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
You know, I'm surprised this entire thread hasn't been scrapped by the mods due to flagrant, baseless hate speech against a group of individuals.

you know I am surprised you have not been banned long ago for all the hate speech in your post history, you incite and make the same observations about others who do not believe as you do or the minority does.

I'm sorry, but where have I been bigoted? I've pointed out a factual observation regarding the ignorance of a group of people with specific instances of ignorance that I can reference. I provide both argumentation and evidence for my claims, two things your thread lacks.

The minority always yell the loudest it seems.

Well, when someone like you is attempting to curbstomp our already poor public image, we can't help it.

Of course, you'd rather just go "NO U!" rather than support any of the claims you're making.

This is not hate speech at all, my comments are what I and other (alot of others) perceive about certain groups of individuals.

Yes, that is what hate speech is. You perceive things that are baseless, hateful, and in at least a few specific instances contrary to actual evidence.

It is disgusting I know.

Yes, this thread is very disgusting, but I'll have to wade through the bile for the sake of others.

please stay on topic Madness...

I'm on the topic. I'm directly attacking the topic as false. You've yet to address that the topic is true, thus it is nothing more than the bigoted attack of a small-minded individual against a minority he doesn't understand.

I realize you and some may have real difficulty in accepting this as a topic but it is a topic at hand, if you can not accept it then step aside and let the discussion continue.

...being on topic doesn't mean agreeing with the topic. I'm sorry, but if you cannot grasp that concept then you'll have to find a new place to discuss things.

please try to stay on topic... if any would like to discuss off-topic issues with me then make a post where off-topic conversations are allowed to happen and let me know where it is.

I'm on topic. None of your claims are based in evidence. I've even specifically refuted one of your claims (that about atheists having lower IQs, you're actually entirely wrong there).

So far you've claimed that atheists are:

Arrogant (with no evidence of such)
Drug addicts (with no evidence of such)
Have low IQs (with no evidence of such, and with myself providing evidence to show that atheists actually have higher IQs)
Are ugly (with no evidence of such)

etc.

You've made a multitude of claims with absolutely no evidence in support of them. If you're going to keep making baseless claims about such a large group of people, I'm going to keep calling you a bigot. Because that's what this is, bigotry.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Atheists in studies are shown to have a higher IQ than those who believe in religion. The reason for this is that an IQ test measures logical thinking skills, if anything. To even bring an IQ test into this argument is kind of pointless. IQ tests measure nothing but your skill at performing on IQ tests.

They aren't really an accurate measure of intelligence I think, but more of a measure of an applied skill, like any other vocational test. Those who score a high IQ are simply more logical thinkers, skeptics, people who want concrete answers, and so the cause of having a high IQ in the first place, is rejecting ideas that are not based in logical reasoning, such as biblical creation.

Einstein for example supposedly would have had an IQ of 160 to 180, and he identified himself with neither personal gods, creation, or atheism. He regarded himself as an agnostic if any label must be chosen.

So there you have that example of IQ in relation to either group of atheists or creationists. One of the most perceived intelligent men said himself, we simply cannot know, so to dedicate so much time to a personal god, or as he says, being a fervent atheist, is a bit absurd, no matter what camp you are from.

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." - Albert Einstein

"Thus I came--despite the fact I was the son of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents--to a deep religiosity, which, however, found an abrupt ending at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic [orgy of] freethinking coupled with the impression that youth is intentionally being deceived...Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience, a skeptical attitude... has never left me..." - Albert Einstein

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Einstein the Agnostic
edit on 12/18/2010 by SpaceJ because: quotes & link

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have another observation to make about Atheism today...

(Atheists are Quitters)

I actually made this observation not long ago but I have also noticed that this proud group of fundamentalist speak in loops. Atheists argue constantly that they are smarter than the rest of the majority of the planet (which happens to be religious people)

(Atheist live in their own world)

And have no conception of understanding and equality. Atheists think the world does not exist except the world they perceive and actually have no insight to equality. This group of fundamentalist are extremely self-centered and can not find middle ground if it was right in front of them.

Yes today Atheist are still arrogant... I would love to see some actual IQ scores from this said group some time even though it is such a small minority of about 2% of the global population Atheists still think they are the smartest and the best we got to offer to humanity as a whole.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

atheism is a religion that is steeped in fundamentalism

If atheism is a religion than so is theism but you wouldn't be stupid enough to say that THEISM is a religion would you? Theism just describes whether someone believes in god(s), they can be any number of religions. Atheism is a lack of belief, not a religion.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The truth is, most atheists are not nice, especially those that are active on the Internet...

I consider my self an atheist.

I love you...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

The truth is, most atheists are not nice, especially those that are active on the Internet...

I love you...

cool bro, I respect that and you too for being able to walk that walk.

+1

edit on 12/18/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't think arrogance is an belief based personality trait, it's more a human one.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

I love you...

just one more small point my friend, did you know God is Love ?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Atheists aren't intelligent in their non beliefs.... If you were truly intelligent you would realize the only thing you know is that you know nothing! I'm smart enough to know that I don't know and that's why i like being Agnostic so I can learn things as I go along in this life......

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Atheists aren't intelligent in their non beliefs.... If you were truly intelligent you would realize the only thing you know is that you know nothing! I'm smart enough to know that I don't know and that's why i like being Agnostic so I can learn things as I go along in this life......

you can 'know' God, you can 'feel' God... you just can't be God.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Agnosticism and atheism are compatible. Most atheists are also agnostics. I didn't know that for a long time either but its true. Only gnostic or strong atheists claim to know there is no god.

agnostic atheism

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

just one more small point my friend, did you know God is Love ?

you can 'know' God, you can 'feel' God... you just can't be God.

My beliefs as they stand at the present time are that everything is God, even a rock. I am certainly not arrogant to say that because of that, that I am God, but I am a part of that which is.

As far as love goes..The "truth" as I feel it, is that the only true emotions are unconditional love and fear. The fear I have down pat, the unconditional love is something that I strive for daily. Having a real hard time with it though, but I am trying..

with respect....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by jheated5

Agnosticism and atheism are compatible. Most atheists are also agnostics. I didn't know that for a long time either but its true. Only gnostic or strong atheists claim to know there is no god.

agnostic atheism

bzzt! wrong answer

I know that was not directed at me but I though I might point out how thieving Atheist are compared to Agnostics.

Atheism, in a broad sense, is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist

Agnostic.a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience, a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

Atheist have no originality or anything special to offer... they only lack knowledge of human history and philosophy in general.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
you guys really need to stop with that Wiki is the final word and the ultimate truth thing, Wiki

Question:
If atheism is just disbelief in gods, then what is the difference between that and agnosticism?

Response:
Many people who adopt the label of agnostic reject the label of atheist — there is a common perception that agnosticism is a more “reasonable” position while atheism is more “dogmatic,” ultimately indistinguishable from theism except in the details. This is not a valid position to adopt because it misrepresents or misunderstands everything involved: atheism, theism, agnosticism, and the nature of belief itself. It also happens to reinforce popular prejudice against atheists.

try a trustworthy encyclopedia !
www.conservapedia.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Atheist have no originality or anything special to offer... they only lack knowledge of human history and philosophy in general.

Wow... That didn't make sense at all to me. But I believe that the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable AND I hold no belief in deities. I am agnostic and atheist. Titen-Sxull is correct. They are compatible. Atheism is the opposite of Theism. Either can be agnostic.

edit on 12/18/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Umm.. I'm curious as to how you can deny facts with such bald faced arrogance. This thread is all about how us atheists are arrogant yet all I see from you are generalizations and arrogant assertions such as the one you just made.

I posted a link, you've offered no logical rebuttal and the information you've posted actually bolsters my case by explaining that broadly atheism is merely the absence of belief in deities. Thank you for making my point for me.

When you apply agnosticism to atheism you get an agnostic atheist. Lacking belief but not arrogant enough to claim knowledge.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
and of course you have to love dictionary dot com

dog·mat·ic - Spelled [dawg-mat-ik]

–adjective

1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a dogma or dogmas; doctrinal.

2. asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.

while atheism is more “dogmatic"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Umm.. I'm curious as to how you can deny facts with such bald faced arrogance.

facts ? established fact or new Wiki user entered fact ?

did you make that Wiki page... anyone can you know...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join