It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist Arrogant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
are Atheist over-opinionated and not entirely as intelligent as they wish to appear ? Arrogance is the first wall of defense for a very insecure person... I believe Einstein once said he disliked talking to Atheist because all they ever talk about is God.

are Atheists trapped in the same arrogant behavior that fundamentalist wackos perform ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691eb681ef39.jpg[/atsimg]
The truth is, most atheists are not nice, especially those that are active on the Internet...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
IDK about Atheists but I can be arrogant. at times.

I saw this infomercial form Peter Popoff ministries earlier about this "debt canceling miracle spring water", and all I can think is it looks like a sample pack of lube.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Lysergic because: luberication

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

ha ! the miracle spring water you posted happens to be a very small tube of disc brake caliper lube that comes in the box when you buy a set of brake pads for your car.

ask me how I know... lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
As a person who is in the middle regarding religious belief I can honestly say that the average atheist seems about as arrogant as the average believer, regardless of the flavor of the faith - be it Christian, Hebrew, Muslim, Wiccan, Satanist... whatever.

Now the zealots, from all camps, are where the real arrogance arises. All are generally equally as tedious.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

mmm, how do you know?

a side note; I once found a lube tube w the words jesus lube across it... i thought I had taken a pic even... must search my photobucket account more... however I believe it was something to lube SCBAs...

ps: googling the said jesus lube brings not so wanted google images. heads up.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
From my experience, you do find more arrogant Atheists than religious people, but I think that this is because I don't really view trying to proselytize as all that threatening in most cases and am okay with people using a religious book in a discussion that is essentially a clash of world views and opinions. I think that how arrogant X group is depends somewhat upon the lens that one views it through.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Oh the irony in the OP's post

Anyways, no group of people as broad as 'atheists' follows any singular characteristic unless it's a defining characteristic such as 'all atheists do not believe in god'

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
In my opinion - I believe athiest's ARE quite arrogant sometimes. but so are the rest of us too.

I don't know who said "THANK GOD IM AN ATHIEST" but its quite funny.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
As arrogant as I find the highly religious moronic.

I guess it works both ways, I would say that an Atheist who knows his subject matter is in a position of superiority when it comes to discussing the validity of religious groups, he uses fact, means tested science and analysis to prove his points.

Sometimes arrogance can also be called "Being correct"... depends to who he is speaking.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Religion is a touchy subject, so intense arguments can be offered by adherents of any persuasion.

Every group has its foibles. One silliness I like are the atheists who claim to have no beliefs, but who insist that if you disagree with them, then you're wrong.

I am an agnostic. Before I hung out on discussion boards, I would have predicted that, just like in real life, I would have more in common with atheists than with believers. But it's just the other way around on the netz.

It's a mystery.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Good grief, what exactly is your obsession with Atheism and Evolution?

Your constantly posting threads with baiting, troll like titles and then complaining that OTHER people are arrogant and over opinionated.

A selection of your threads
Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?
should "Evolution" be considered a sign of Ignorance ?
the Insanity of Evolutionist
that Childish theory of Evolution
I am Cool if I don't believe in God
Are Atheist Arrogant

and then irony of all ironies you post a thread about finding other peoples thread titles offensive and biased

Are you serious?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
are Atheist over-opinionated and not entirely as intelligent as they wish to appear ?

No more so than any other grouping of people. Doctors, engineers, dog trainers and firearm enthusiasts. There are arrogant members in each group.

I think some of the more assertive and outspoken atheists might come across as arrogant, but so do some of the more assertive and outspoken of any group. Your question might as well be, "Are some people arrogant"?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

are Atheist over-opinionated and not entirely as intelligent as they wish to appear ? Arrogance is the first wall of defense for a very insecure person...

You're clearly not asking a question, you're simply making a statement of your own belief.

I believe Einstein once said he disliked talking to Atheist because all they ever talk about is God.

No, he said he would consider himself an agnostic because he didn't want to be a 'professional atheist', to him the question wasn't relevant.

are Atheists trapped in the same arrogant behavior that fundamentalist wackos perform ?

Let's see...atheists vs fundamentalists:

Fundamentalists....think that they have the absolute, entirely verifiable proof in a document that was written thousands of years ago....
Atheists...don't believe in any deity.
Fundamentalists....think that the universe was created solely for humanity...
Atheists....don't believe in any deity

Honestly, I'd say atheists are less arrogant. You never get a fundamentalist firebrand saying "Maybe god doesn't exist", but you'll get Richard Dawkins claiming that he isn't absolutely certain because it would be arrogant to be certain.

The truth is, most atheists are not nice, especially those that are active on the Internet...

Most atheists are just as nice as most people in any other group of people. We're also statistically less likely to commit crimes and more likely to maintain stable marriages.

Don't stereotype a group of people.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
You're clearly not asking a question, you're simply making a statement of your own belief.

no it could be perceived as a statement, I guess it is all how one looks at it... there is a question mark at the end of the question though. Sometimes the best answer is a simple yes or no.

No, he said he would consider himself an agnostic because he didn't want to be a 'professional atheist', to him the question wasn't relevant.

the question was very relevant, you can keep Darwin but Einstein is a man of respect and humility.

Let's see...atheists vs fundamentalists:
think that the universe was created solely for humanity...

of course you mean the World right ? there is not much reference, if I am not mistaken in most religious dialogue about the actual Universe.

Most atheists are just as nice as most people in any other group of people. We're also statistically less likely to commit crimes and more likely to maintain stable marriages.

mkay, maybe that is off line or in some fantasy world which does not exist except in the mind of the true atheist.

Don't stereotype a group of people.

just making a general observation of what I have seen over my years on the internet. In my opinion and the overwhelming observations made by others, Atheist are quite the fundamentalist and usually exhibit more of these tendencies than a person or peoples who have chosen a God and decide to dedicate their life to... well... life and love instead of hate and belittlement.

most Atheist are extremely arrogant and imo also they need humility and respect if that group ever wants other normal people to take them seriously. They just are not doing a very good job of convincing people and in fact are doing the exact opposite and pushing people away from their group of self worship. I have to give it to them though... since they think they can usher in a new humanity where people inherently have respect for eachother ect, ect, but of course this said 'group' can not take it back far enough to figure out where they got these morals from they so covet in the first place.

I also have a tendency to believe Atheist have a lower IQ and lack vision and are unwilling to communicate or accept anyone who does not conform to their system of belief.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

most Atheist are extremely arrogant

Sounds like a statement to me.

and imo also they need humility and respect if that group ever wants other normal people to take them seriously.

Ha! We are "normal people", too!
And frankly, I don't care if religious zealots take me seriously or not. Why should I care what you think of me?

They just are not doing a very good job of convincing people and in fact are doing the exact opposite and pushing people away from their group of self worship.

I have no desire to convince people of anything. I don't care what you believe. And I worship no one.

I have to give it to them though... since they think they can usher in a new humanity where people inherently have respect for eachother ect, ect, but of course this said 'group' can not take it back far enough to figure out where they got these morals from they so covet in the first place.

You start a thread asking stupid questions about atheists and then reveal that you know all the answers yourself (even though your answers are completely wrong). I know where my morals come from and I'd bet a week's pay that they're as strong or stronger than most people's.

I also have a tendency to believe Atheist have a lower IQ and lack vision and are unwilling to communicate or accept anyone who does not conform to their system of belief.

More misinformed answers to silly questions.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
"Are some people arrogant"?

yes very true... But I have noticed a raised level of arrogance coming from the extra cool people trying to sport a fad/style. If you tell them it is a funny look (just making an observation) you better watch out.

thx Ben nice neutral response

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

But I have noticed a raised level of arrogance coming from the extra cool people trying to sport a fad/style.

That's just your misinformed judgment. Your prejudice is clear.

thx Ben nice neutral response

Wait till you read my next post.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sounds like a statement to me.

well there could be a statement in my question, as long as it is not directed at any individuals (of which I am not doing) just generalizing and stating the vibe I and alot of my friends get from proud Atheist.

Ha! We are "normal people", too!
And frankly, I don't care if religious zealots take me seriously or not. Why should I care what you think of me?

common now, are you calling me a Zealot sir after I just starred you ? I do not believe I ever pinned any designation on your sleeve

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

common now, are you calling me a Zealot sir after I just starred you ? I do not believe I ever pinned any designation on your sleeve

You start thread after thread attacking atheists for their intelligence, personalities, thoughts, maturity, etc and then you play the innocent - as if you're just exploring the different aspects of people's minds - and you expect people to just go along with you out of the kindness of their hearts?

Here's one back at ya: I didn't call you a religious zealot. I'm just asking questions. (wide-eyed innocent emoticon here)

Sorry, I'm not buying your shtick.

You hate atheists. We get it. I really don't care if you hate us or not. But I do want to let you know that we're not buying.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

prove it then... since you now openly state your disposition, walk the walk and show others of the Atheists enlightenment.

we all set examples indirectly or not you know....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join