It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli bulldozer driver murders American peace activist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolidFacts
Let me clarify something:
1. Genocide or ethnic cleansing is the deliberate mass murder of a particular people or race. 2500 Palestinians have died, not as a result of genocide, but as a result of Israel's unwillingness to passively accept the terrorist onslaught initiated and encouraged by the Palestininan leadership during the past 2 years. Yes, though ACCIDENTALLY killed by the Israel DEFENCE Deforces, the Palestininan leaders are ultimately responsible for the deaths of their own people. While trying to protect its citizens Israel does everything in its power to avoid the deaths of innocent civilians. This task becomes even more difficult when the Palestinian militia use the civilian population as a cover for their DELIBERATE and dastardly acts.

Accidentally killed LOL

read the whole thread .. Ariel Sharon's even to compare for "crimes against humanity"

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I guess by the same argument, Ariel Sharron is guilty of causing the deaths of all the Israeli's who have died from Palestinian suicide bombers due to the fact that he's not willing to negotiate over a peace settlement.

I think the logic there is fairly similar, it's just that I'm blaiming the Israelis and you're blaming the Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
I guess by the same argument, Ariel Sharron is guilty of causing the deaths of all the Israeli's who have died from Palestinian suicide bombers due to the fact that he's not willing to negotiate over a peace settlement.

I think the logic there is fairly similar, it's just that I'm blaiming the Israelis and you're blaming the Palestinians.

blame both for hell's sake !!!!!

and get nice UN peacekeepers there to teach 'em both to behave

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Bellatrix, you're getting paid by someone to profane the dead, right ?

So she isnt a good dead ?

what would be a little good death in your opinion ?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
karl, I am more than a little confused as to what you are trying to say.

Dead people can be stupid. Just because she is dead doesn't mean we should stop telling the truth.

She either knew the consequences of her actions in lying down in front of a bulldozer, or she was playing a game of bluff with the driver and lost, or she was suicidal. Whatever. It was a stupid action.

Also to see the palastinian issue as only Israel beating up the arabs and describing it in words of holocaust and genocide is pathetic.

The jews didn't send suicide bombers into Germany, didn't use snipers to kill people, didn't blow up people randomly, during ww2. To compare the 2 only serves to show that you don't know the terror or the magnitude that was the Holocaust. You don't understand what you are saying.

To compare it to genocide is also unfair. If they wanted to destroy the palastinians as a people that would be easy, you could easily then bomb them to dust, as they are all in one place. The fact that Israel only retaliates when attacked, afterall the intfada was STARTED by the palestianians shows how wrong you are.

Stop being so emotive and see the conflict for what it is instead of labeling it with such loaded terms as above. Then you will gain a true understanding of the situation.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
karl, I am more than a little confused as to what you are trying to say.

Remember 1982 ?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
She was standing up for what she believed in. Whether she was brave or foolish is not the issue, the issue is Israel, and America's cynical support for a reckless regime.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius
Remember 1982 ?

Could you be any more vague???

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Could you be any more vague?

Nope... That's pretty much Karl at his finest (worst) here on ATS.

Perhaps he's referring to the June 6th invasion of Lebanon by Israel.

Or perhaps the war in the Falklands.

Dunno... toss us a bone Karl.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Don't remember 1982 very well, I was only about six years old. I do know E.T. came out, is that it??

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
Don't remember 1982 very well, I was only about six years old. I do know E.T. came out, is that it??

That HAS to be it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just wanted to say, regardless of Karl's irratating random posts... this woman did not deserve to be run over by a bulldozer and killed.

I think anyone that says "she put herself in the line of fire" is simply acting as an apologist for the appauling behaviour of this bulldozer driver. There's good evidence he saw her, deliberately ran her down, deliberately backed over her body again. He wasn't under sniper fire, or under threat from a suicide bomber, or anything else. He was just a murdering S.O.B., plain and simple.

You just can't justify that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not trying to justify him, just won't buy the martyr bullcrap, and will not stomach lame excuses for gross acts of stupidity.

If the guy veered toward her and gunned it in a manner that made it an act of murder I'm sure the investigation will find it to be fact and I am sure the Israeli courts will deal with him. As far as she's concerned, though, my opinion is if you stand on the train tracks, don't come crying to me when you become a puddle on the ties.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetchickenDead people can be stupid. Just because she is dead doesn't mean we should stop telling the truth.

www.darwinawards.com... is a website that's just chock-full of good examples of this.
Contrary to what you see in movies, people who are about to die do *not* automatically gain the wisdom of the universe in those last few seconds...

Originally posted by dom...this woman did not deserve to be run over by a bulldozer and killed.

Agreed...However, if she had any *real* awareness of what threat she would have actually been facing, she would've been best to throw rocks at the driver or something.
Clue 1: She was in an area where hostilities were very high...High enough that random murders & mass murders take place on a day-to-day basis.
Clue 2: She stepped in front of a guy driving a bulldozer without knowing absolutely *anything* about him & with nothing to protect herself. She gambled her life on that man's sense of compassion without even knowing if he *had* any. She stepped in front of a cold-blooded killer without even so much as taking *any* kind of precautions at all.
Clue 3: It's a pretty well proven fact of the laws of physics that an unprotected human being is *not* going to stop a bulldozer...And in fact is not even likely to damage it in any way as it rolls over said human being.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to agree we can't justify the actions of the driver, he did murder her. But at the same time you cannot blame the wider issue for it. There are brutal people everywhere, this was an INDIVIDUAL.

Besides as TC said, the woman has to take some of the blame, if you play ball on the highway, don't be suprised if you get run over. She was in the israeli army and didn't want to fight, so she was well away of the sconsequences of her actions and the sort of people she would be fighting against.

She was not some niave bimbo straight from the states.... so she has to take responsability for her actions as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Two wrongs dont make a right !

She was wrong (and an idiot) for not getting out of the way of a bulldozer.

The bulldozer driver was wrong (and committed murder) by deliberately running over her.

I couldn't agree more, neither one of them was right.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"She was standing up for what she believed in. Whether she was brave or foolish is not the issue, the issue is Israel, and America's cynical support for a reckless regime."

AMEN! This isn't the first time our "ally" has treated us so respectfully! Don't forget about the soldiers that lost their lives when Israel bombed the USS Liberty.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Israeli forces fired teargas and stun grenades yesterday in an attempt to break up a memorial service for Rachel Corrie, the American peace activist killed by an army bulldozer in Gaza on Sunday.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just another propaganda event?

www.dvsgames.com...

All four photographs were distributed by the group Rachel worked for, the International Solidarity Movement. Something funny is going on. (Other than the fact that the ISM actively cooperates with terrorists.)

Notice that the two pictures on the right are of totally different locations. The horizons are different. The dirt is different. The top of the bulldozers are different.

The top two pictures seem to match, even in the structure of debris in front of the bulldozer. The bottom two pictures also seem to match, considering the boy's backpack's projection.

Someone suggested that the top two pictures were taken at another time. It sure looks that way.

dom

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes, they were taken at another time... before she was run over by the bulldozer.

Looking at the two pictures on the right I can see no clearly distinguishable features on the horizon, looking at smaller features there's a tree in one and not in the other, but there's also a block of 4 buildings on the right hand side which seems to match up. In fact, if you look at the distance between the left and right of the small blocks, you'll notice that the tree is about equidistant from the left building. i.e. in the bottom picture, the tree is behind the bulldozer.

This is just more of the Israeli apologist #e.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join