It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Family Stories About Magic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG
The "levitating table" and the "coin movement" are easy magic tricks like the kind done in any Vegas magic show. The curtain would be very tempting and easy to peek under or around while the Brujo did his backroom mumbo jumbo.

Except that we are not talking about a Vegas magic show.

Curtains used as doors are common in Peru because it's a poor country.

I'm aware that tables can be levitated in magic shows, but in Peru that is very unlikely, very unlikely.

The coin movement was not a trick. Either my aunt was moving it or not. But she is a witch, she wasn't playing the Ouija to trick me. I saw in their face how they were surprised that I went there, I also could have stayed in the livingroom for a few minutes more and I could have missed it.

Like I said before, you have to see it to know it's real.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaximumTruth
reply to post by danielsil18

and who is going to explain to use how magic works?

Just because sometimes people experience something that might seem supernatural doesn't mean it can't be explained away using a perfectly reasonable mundane explanations?

Don't you find it strange that only people who believe in these things experience them?

The people that can do magic can explain it to us, the task is how to find one that is not a charlatan.

I'm also aware that there are things that can be explained with mundane explinations, but there are also things that can't be explained. Who could my aunt explain how the witch knew some parts of their life, something they don't talk to everyone, or how my little cousin after weeks of being sick and couldn't get help from doctors went to a witch and was cured, or how a candle wouldn't light up until after the witch cured my cousin, or how my mom's aunt acted crazy for weeks and got back to normal after going to a man who could do magic?

Do I find it strange that only people who believe these things experience them.

This is not true, there are people who didn't believe this but became believers once they saw it. It's just that non-believers never experienced anything like this, thus they stay skeptical. A believer will either believe without experience or is a believer because he has experienced something paranormal.

edit on 17-12-2010 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
sounds like mental issues coupled with a strong belief in the paranormal. people see with their mind and it will try to find explanations for things it cannot understand.

You would be surprised how suggestible the human mind and body is. People can recover from things by themselves simply by being examined by someone who they think is going to cure them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
Except that we are not talking about a Vegas magic show.

Curtains used as doors are common in Peru because it's a poor country.

I'm aware that tables can be levitated in magic shows, but in Peru that is very unlikely, very unlikely.

The coin movement was not a trick. Either my aunt was moving it or not. But she is a witch, she wasn't playing the Ouija to trick me. I saw in their face how they were surprised that I went there, I also could have stayed in the livingroom for a few minutes more and I could have missed it.

Like I said before, you have to see it to know it's real.

I appreciate your response. I had to toss in my Occam's razor two cents just to make "sure" that you have at least considered that what you saw was an illusion and not the real deal.
I have seen with my own eyes what no one would believe or does believe when I tell them what I have experienced.
I started doing magic tricks to make sure that I was not "tricked/deceived". I do magic tricks for my grandkids to let them know what to look for when experiencing the bizarre and unexplainable.
What I wrote in my first post was my attempt to make you at least consider that what you saw was a "trick" and not "magic".
I'm with ya' on this one.... You will catch a lot of grief for posting your experiences. Be prepared for ridicule and insults. I am not one of those who do not know what we know.
Peace....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The father married one of my aunts and had a son. A year ago he got sick. They thought it was the flu, so they kept him in bed. He didn't get better after a week so they took him to a doctor. The doctor said he had the flu and gave them medicine. A few days later he wouldn't get better. My aunt then thought it could be something else, she knew that fire cleanses an area from bad energy, so she tried to light up a candle in their room but she couldn't. The candle would not light up for anything. They then took him to a witch.

When I read this, the first thing that springs to mind is carbon monoxide poisoning:

Symptoms of mild acute poisoning include headaches, vertigo, and flu-like effects; larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system and heart, and even death.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Added with the candle's inability to be lit probably shows there was not enough oxygen.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

sounds like mental issues coupled with a strong belief in the paranormal. people see with their mind and it will try to find explanations for things it cannot understand.

You would be surprised how suggestible the human mind and body is. People can recover from things by themselves simply by being examined by someone who they think is going to cure them.

My aunt doesn't have mental issues, please be more respectful to my family.

She also doesn't have a strong belief in the paranormal. How do I know? because I lived in the same house when I was a kid.

I'm aware that people can see with their mind find explanations for things they don't understand, same thing you are doing here. You are trying to find explanations and come up with insults to my family, mental issues?

What happened in Peru is not "trying to see with their mind", it's something that happened in front of them.

My counsin also went to the doctor and got medicine, my counsin knew that the doctor was trying to cure him, how come he didn't recover?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

I also appreciate every comment.

I did look into everything, that's because I'm actually an skeptical person, not much but I am.

Someone can tell me they levitated and I won't believe them, someone can show me how they levitate and I'll try to look at his shoes, pants, strings, etc, etc.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

The father married one of my aunts and had a son. A year ago he got sick. They thought it was the flu, so they kept him in bed. He didn't get better after a week so they took him to a doctor. The doctor said he had the flu and gave them medicine. A few days later he wouldn't get better. My aunt then thought it could be something else, she knew that fire cleanses an area from bad energy, so she tried to light up a candle in their room but she couldn't. The candle would not light up for anything. They then took him to a witch.

When I read this, the first thing that springs to mind is carbon monoxide poisoning:

Symptoms of mild acute poisoning include headaches, vertigo, and flu-like effects; larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system and heart, and even death.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Added with the candle's inability to be lit probably shows there was not enough oxygen.

It's a big house where they have one room where they sleep. My grandmother lives there and another aunt.

If the room had Carbon Monoxide then my aunt, her husband and their other child should have gotten Carbon Monoxide Poisoning but they didn't.

But how could there be Carbon Monoxide in the room?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
To quote Carl Sagan "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."Magic as the OP describes it here DOES not exist...period.Sorry Charlie....
I do admit its more EXCITING to live in a world where people have mysterious powers and every large body of water has its own Sea Serpent,and you can barely get the mail without tripping over Naiads and Dryads and Elves on the way to the box.
More exciting but simply NOT REAL....period.I would gladly give someone pretty much anything i had if they could generate an actual paranormal effect under controlled conditions.
I have a feeling though that i wont have to give anything away.....
Here's a quick cheat sheet...you can laminate it and make it beerproof and take it anywhere you get confused.

Magic=Bull#=Ignorance= lazy

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Was there anything near his bed like a heater or something that could have caused the production of CO? If he spent a lot of time in that room, and the leak was more concentrated near his bed, then it is possible that it could be poisoning him, and also explain why the others had no symptoms.

I am a sceptic when it comes to magic, because I believe there is enough evidence in many ancient texts to point to magic and other "occult" and "dark" arts merely being the use of science and technology. Technology in the hands of the wrong people is a bad thing, especially when they can then pose as gods. They forbid the use of magic by the common people, in order to maintain their control, lest the people level the playing field and realise they are being duped.

Also, dont forget magic is often related with trickery and illusions, as already has been suggested in this thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fredtheman

Like I said before, you have to see it to believe it.

In my world it's real because I have my own proofs, but there is nothing wrong with skepticism.

I also wasn't talking about sea serpents, or elves.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Was there anything near his bed like a heater or something that could have caused the production of CO? If he spent a lot of time in that room, and the leak was more concentrated near his bed, then it is possible that it could be poisoning him, and also explain why the others had no symptoms.

I am a sceptic when it comes to magic, because I believe there is enough evidence in many ancient texts to point to magic and other "occult" and "dark" arts merely being the use of science and technology. Technology in the hands of the wrong people is a bad thing, especially when they can then pose as gods. They forbid the use of magic by the common people, in order to maintain their control, lest the people level the playing field and realise they are being duped.

Also, dont forget magic is often related with trickery and illusions, as already has been suggested in this thread.

They don't use heaters and there is no air conditioning in the house.

Peru has a cool temperature, the Sun warms it. At night it gets cold but everyone uses double sheets. The only electrical thing is the TV.

There is nothing wrong with being sceptic. It's actually good because you get to the truth faster. You tried to explain one of the stories with great information. That's being helpful.

Magic is almost a second name for illusion and trickery, I'm aware of that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Of course I asked her how she did it. She said it was a gift from God. A talent, just like someone being good at sports, or math. She didn't know why God gave her the ability to read simple surface thoughts. And she was glad she could use her gift to entertain her children. She told my sister and I a lot of stories about her experiences, but I wasn't around to see them with my own eyes, so I'll leave them unsaid. What I find interesting is she could read color/number over and over and still get it right. Well... when I say over and over, I mean about 5 times each for me and my sister. Then she'd say she wanted to do something else and stop the game.
To me, it was a magic trick, just like picking the right card from a deck. Magic with or without a K is "stuff that has you say 'oooh, aaaah' and leaves you with a sense of wonder" By my definition. A stage magician has to practice and understand what they're doing. Same goes for a magical practitioner.
And then there's the charlatans who want to charge you a small fortune for an empty bag.
I'm sure the witches you told us about received some compensation for the work they did. Your family seems to feel they got what they paid for though, right?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hi danielsil18. Yes, I was there in some of the table tilting episodes, but not all of them, because many people liked to do it years ago for the fun and excitement of it. Table tilting is not a magic trick of any kind, and there is no cheating; the table will lift off of the ground all on its own as long as people are touching the table.

Basically there would be four of us around the table. We usually would be playing cards at the card table and then test out levitating the table later on for fun before we would go to bed. Basically, all you have to do is to get four people and sit at the table. Everyone places his hands on top of the table and then everyone chants the same words to get the table to lift, and those words are "rise table rise, rise table rise". The four of you may have to chant this "rise table rise, rise table rise" many times, especially when you are beginners. If you have someone that doesn't believe that it works, then don't have that person sit at the table with the rest of you. Get people who believe in order to do table tilting. All of you have to concentrate on the table rising, and after chanting the words many times, it will start to lift; and the first time it does your eyes will see it and it will be a shock to your logical thinking that something like this can happen; but it does happen. The table may settle back down to the ground becaue of the beginners starting to laugh and going into shock at seeing such a sight. But... after everyone settles down you might not get it to lift again that night, because of those people not being able to concentrate on the chanting, and of the table rising. Try it again on a different day or night when everyone is mentally ready again.

After you get the table hovering into the air, then you don't need to chant any more, all you have to do is keep your hands on top of the table as it floats along in the air. Then one person, picked ahead of time, starts asking the yes or no questions, and the table answers with very abrupt banging of the floor to yes or no questions. The answers from the table tilting are usually correct, and very prophetically correct if answers are asked about something to happen in the future. Ouiji boards lie alot, but table tilting bangs out correct answers; be careful of what you ask about the future, because you may not like the answer.

I had an art teach in Mt. Hope, Kansas. He still resides there, and is an avid car collector if I remember right. His name is "Mr. Penner" to us youngsters that was in his class 30 or so years ago. He is the one that taught us how to go behind a person sitting in a chair and put our hands over that persons head sitting in the chair in a consecutive manner so each persons hands were separated by the three others, and then your hand again, and then their hands again. Then two people would put one finger under the persons arm pit and the other two people would put their fingers under the knee joint of the person sitting in the chair, and everyone would lift when someone said, "one, two, three lift"; and the person would basically launch into the air about two feet above were they were moments before sitting, and there was no pressure on your fingers, and the person sitting in the chair felt no pressure from the lifting. Mr. Penner was a very good teacher. We did this in his art class many times as younsters, and it was very fun.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

and who is going to explain to use how magic works?

Just because sometimes people experience something that might seem supernatural doesn't mean it can't be explained away using a perfectly reasonable mundane explanations?

Don't you find it strange that only people who believe in these things experience them?

you have answered your own question about how magick works...you must believe...
without belief that such things can happen, no matter how it was explained to you, with out belief
you would never understand.

when a student is ready, a teacher will appear....recognize this, and you will be on the road to "higher" learning, my friend.

blessings

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind

I'm sure the witches you told us about received some compensation for the work they did. Your family seems to feel they got what they paid for though, right?

Yes, I'm sure she got paid.

My aunt got what she wanted. My cousin was sick for weeks, my aunt wanted him cured and he got cured after he went to the witch and she even knew stuff about my aunt's family, things that she couldn't have known.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

wow, this stories are very hard to believe.

I'll have to try them one day when I have time. I never heard these kind of things.

Why do you think the table levitated and the person in the chair?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I think the table, and the people sitting down and lying down, lift because of some force that mankind has not really looked into yet that is directly linked to mans brain. In India, there is a place where about 12 men get around a boulder and all of them touch it with one finger and chant something, and the boulder rises above their heads.

Here is some very similar human levitation stuff on the Internet.

antigravitypower.tripod.com...

Here is a good video, and at the same time a bad video. The video doesn't let you hear what they are saying, but you can actually see the man lifted is lifted with no effort. Some of the other videos, the people cheat, and those videos are junk, but here is the good video showing how light the person becomes.

www.youtube.com...

Here is the table tilting, even though they call it table tipping.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a man doing the table tilting all by himself.

www.youtube.com...

This stuff is real, it's not a trick, and there is an undiscovered science behind it. Someone in the future will become fantastically rich if he/she discovers the secrets and learns how to apply those scientific secrets to make stuff levitate, and control the movements.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Busymind

It is actually a thing everyone can do, my step sister showed it to me. You and anothor person have to close your eyes, empty your heads from thoughts and choose a topic(color, animal, number). You friend chooses one thing and only thinks about this thing. You and your friend imagen a bridge from your head to his and he imagens that this item or color bounces over the bridge to you, by this point your head is empty of thoughts and the first thing that pops up in you head is what he was thinking about. The hard thing is emtying your mind from other thoughts, if you can do that all else is easy

The thing is that our minds are connected we just dont know how to use it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by elvaana

Yes very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Pay attention to your bloodline is what im learning. My grandmother supposedly was a witch. Im adopted but great to know your roots

top topics

<< 1   >>

join