It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret To Surviving A Black Hole Is The Secret Of Gravity!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Well if you know a way to make something with negative mass, stop wasting time here and go make your millions.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Indeed, I mention Feynman as a good starting point for grasping the fundamentals of Quantum field theory and the link to the classical field theory.
He had a knack of explaining things.

True, his nano and quantum work are his hallmarks. But make no mistake about his deep understanding of the implications,elegance and connection between GR and QFT.

I Agree with you about the String and M-Theorists.
For our inquisitive Metal head to venture into He should have some slight background on how they got there. From the outstanding intuitionist of our age. First things first, would not you agree?

"The Strange Theory of Light and Matter":
www.amazon.com...=dp_ob_title_bk

That the flow of time is not a constant, that the mass of an object depends on its velocity, and that the speed of light is a constant no matter what the motion of the observer ... No one—not even Einstein himself—explained these difficult, anti-intuitive concepts more clearly, or with more verve and gusto, than Richard Feynman.

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_2

This is a wonderful book which shows how a classical field theory like General Relativity can be derived from a quantum field theory. It also points out the extreme difficulty of accomplishing this in the case of gravity and ending up with a consistent, anomaly free theory.
Readers of this book will benefit from familiarity with both quantum field theory and relativity as well as a certain amount of mathematical sophistication. Don't be fooled by the similarity of title to other "Feynman Lectures on..." because this book is based on an upper level graduate physics course and assumes the background of a typical PhD student in physics.

Just a starting place.
Good luck in your pursuit of cosmological indulgences. Feynman would have partied with you Metal. He did most of his homework in a strip bar!

If you want to be a physics geek....Feynman is our
Guru!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

not so easy to do when ur on tough times and ur family is poor! u heard about gm dieing around here in ohio right?

well that was what was keepin most of my area alive!

so basically my mind is rotting here in this rotten apple called dayton ohio!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It's okay, we can't all continue to conform to the ideas that have been set in place. Sooner or later someone has to step outside the box and re-invent reality as we know it, physics is constantly changing. It's the inspiration that counts, and you show plenty of it, I am just a poor construction worker with dreams of science myself. People can scoff at ideas all they want, they may not be practical now, but I believe the same thing that you do in that eventually anything could be possible with enough knowledge, in my lifetime or the next.

Like zeptepi is saying though, it's a pain but we have to start at problem #1 and work our way up, and its a long freaking road up there to entering a black hole.

You might find this interesting:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-12-2010 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

it was all about seeing whether or not someone else could take my hints and come up with something close to what i have realised!

wouldnt u rather use ur brain and excercise it then to be handed answers all ur life?

if excercise is good for the body so to is it good for the brain!

btw read a few of my last posts as i have told some detail about my theory!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Time for the Wishmaster to adopt an apprentice, I see.

Originally posted by metalholic
if you had no mass! could you then be capable of speeds u cannot accomplish with a rocket?

A very interesting question - and one that should extend to the core of our very understanding of the concepts of gravity and particle physics. Mass is associated with all known particles, spare for the photon, but that's one of those mind-bending issues where the wave appears to have inertia and the particle simply appears along the wave to interact with things. This is an important distinction to make, and perhaps very important to the understanding of mass, itself.

Let's imagine something without mass, however. Would it, therefor, have inertia? If it did not have inertia, could it therefor have an existence capable of being defined?

if you could create your own gravity would it then not be healthy to have extended flights of space travel?

Since we're on the topic. What is gravity? The most accurate definition I can come up with is the tendency two objects possessing mass to be drawn together. We've never once observed an "anti" gravity... nor have we ever created gravity. We've never detected gravity as an "emission" - so is it really a force?

if you could protect yourself of the crushing gravity of a black hole would it not be worth sending a satelite into it?

It would be worth sending a satellite in even if you couldn't protect it. The problem is still defining what a black hole is. Is it really a singularity? Does it have a non-zero entropy, and thus have a defined density? Or does it become another form of matter/particle/wave all together? Would sending a satellite in answer these questions?

if you knew how the pyramids and any other megalithic structure was built would it then not be safe to say u know the secrets of this planet aswell as the universe?

When is it that the answers you have found fail to prompt new questions?

Perhaps rather than questioning the accomplishments of life, one would rather puzzle over the beginnings and purpose, thereof. For example - there is a separate universe from our own - not a parallel one - one that is completely separate and inaccessible from our own, and one that does not interact with us. Is it, therefor, capable of existing? What would be necessary to solidify its existence?

if u say no then you need to re-examine who the idiot is!

I have always hated true/false questions. They tend to be poorly worded and leave me guessing as to whether or not the question is to be answered on a third grade level, or a nit-picky doctorate level.

I find it generally difficult to take someone seriously when they use exclamation points and begin using texting 'shorthand.' I understand we all get excited from time to time, but come take a walk with the Heartborne, young Seventh Seeker.

[Note: Yes - corny references dropped from a Nightwish song. For whatever reason, I felt like doing it.]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

hey man do me a favor and go back and read the last post from me where i'm explaining my theory more in detail!

actually i prolly explained it in 3 other posts actually!

but since u seem to know where i'm comin from u will see what i'm saying!

yes answers open doors to more questions but aslong as we remember we can answer complicated questions with simple answers then we can understand them!

dna we thought it was so complicated got in there and realised it's so simple!

it's always simple!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Let's determine what the first question to be answered is and go from there?

Before we even think about how to enter a black hole, we need a way to get there, where is the closest black hole? It appears to be V4641 Sagittarii at a distance of 1,600 light years, thats quite the trek (pun intended).

en.wikipedia.org...
www.nrao.edu...

How can we travel 1,600 light years? It could be as much as 15 times that apparently, for this lets just assume its only at 1,600ly.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

did u hear about them scientists not to long ago idk say back in the 50's they invented a flying saucer that had it's own gravity and could fly around like crazy but inside u never thought u went anywhere?

well they supposively done it for less then u could buy a brand new car..but the gov. got in on it and kept it from us!

so it's all do able brother!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

No, I didn't realize anyone had found a way to cancel inertia, got a link?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'm not trying to pick on you Metal.
And I apologize if I was being rude to you.

I assure you that my knowledge of physics and cosmology was not handed to me! In fact, The more I read and study...The less I know!

I am just trying to help you look for insight to your theory from a "real" physicist that is considered a great intuitionalist...like you!
His intuition lead him to great things.

I did read your description..and I think it is not possible based on the current understanding of Physics.

If you are in Dayton. And you are a Metal-head..
Give a listen to this band...You may know them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

Cheers!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

no i dont actually it was here on ats earlier this year though and i've seen it very rarely though on a few random sites

anyways what i'm saying is this! i think we could bend time and space ourselves!

time and space work off magnetism right? well thats a start in the right direction!

if we can negate gravity we should be able to bend it b/c i know damn well we can create it

all gravity really is...is inertia!

think about it why does the earth have gravity? because its rotation and the friction between it and the moon! causes the core to create a pull! our mass pushes us down along with the atomosphere and everything

so this pull and push is all inertia!

well syntrifical force is based off inertia and does the same thing it creates gravity!

so if we can do all that surely we can bend it?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

no i dont actually it was here on ats earlier this year though and i've seen it very rarely though on a few random sites

anyways what i'm saying is this! i think we could bend time and space ourselves!

time and space work off magnetism right? well thats a start in the right direction!

if we can negate gravity we should be able to bend it b/c i know damn well we can create it

all gravity really is...is inertia!

think about it why does the earth have gravity? because its rotation and the friction between it and the moon! causes the core to create a pull! our mass pushes us down along with the atomosphere and everything

so this pull and push is all inertia!

well syntrifical force is based off inertia and does the same thing it creates gravity!

so if we can do all that surely we can bend it?

Well, not exactly, spacetime is a method of understanding the very fabric of our reality. In a sense we are bending it by merely existing, whenever we move ourselves or an object we are modifying it. However gravity is a very weak force, so the problem lies in the extent of our modifications. A common way of explaining how weak gravity is a paperclip on a magnet, the magnetic force holding the paper clip in the air overcomes the gravitational force of the entire Earth. Knowing that, it may help to understand the sheer magnitude of gravitational force behind a black hole. Theories about bending spacetime in order to mimic FTL travel do exist, but would require massive amounts of resources and energy in order to experiment on.

en.wikipedia.org...

Inertia is the result of an objects momentum, an object requires energy in order to stop moving just as it requires energy to move.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

lets say that there are parallel universes! and or dimensions!

our universe is amongst a sea of other universes like a plankton micronism among many!

well in order for plankton to exist they must reproduce right?

how do we know that the "big bang" and black holes are not the effects of the universe reproducing?

energy never disappears and we know that everything i worked in a cycle of recycling!

so how we do we know that a black hole isnt a wormhole to another universe thats gettin the left over energy in this one to start again in another one!

if black holes do indeed lead somewhere it is feesible to me that they are leading to another dimension or more realistically another universe!

and these black holes are actions the universe goes through to reproduce another universe!

as things are infinite so to must universes be and there has to be a way for them to exist!

getting energy from other universes to make or rerecycle the one in existence.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

when i can dedicate some time in to response to u we'll get her goin but right now jus want to say soul legacy is pretty good man i like them!

it's not death or dark angel or nothin like that...but it deserves respect! then again I'am a music lover!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

lets say that there are parallel universes! and or dimensions!

our universe is amongst a sea of other universes like a plankton micronism among many!

well in order for plankton to exist they must reproduce right?

how do we know that the "big bang" and black holes are not the effects of the universe reproducing?

energy never disappears and we know that everything i worked in a cycle of recycling!

so how we do we know that a black hole isnt a wormhole to another universe thats gettin the left over energy in this one to start again in another one!

if black holes do indeed lead somewhere it is feesible to me that they are leading to another dimension or more realistically another universe!

and these black holes are actions the universe goes through to reproduce another universe!

as things are infinite so to must universes be and there has to be a way for them to exist!

getting energy from other universes to make or rerecycle the one in existence.

I believe that is called the cyclic universe theory.

It might be interesting to note that black holes emit gamma radiation and anti matter, it would seem they are slowly 'evaporating' the universe as it recycles itself, should this be correct. However it could be true that they slowly recycle it into the exact opposite of itself which then slowly recycles itself back, unless eventually all universes would become nothing but gamma radiation. I don't think we really know how this works yet, lol. I'm not sure, but I think the anti-matter annihilates itself immediately due to all the matter orbiting a black hole, this might be what creates the radiation, I will have to read up on it.

Other theories say the universe will continue expanding as well due to the presence of dark matter, and not recycle itself.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

well if u can imagine yin and yang as a cycle dark-light-dark again

then u can imagine that right now the universe is good conquering bad

light over dark

however there comes a time when dark comes over light!

this is the cycle..black holes bring that cycle!

b/c one day this universe were in right now will be taken over by the negative energy..there will be another universe where the positive energy rules its a cycle all universes go through it!

as this one gets ran over with negative energy the positive energy gets ate by black holes to be drained into another universe!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

So, assuming there is multiple universes, what happens when two polar opposite universes come into contact with one another, they annihilate each other just like matter and anti-matter? Maybe this creates small pockets of matter or anti-matter in the void, maybe what we see as matter and anti-matter are minuscule universes all in themselves, we are just not able to see on that scale.

I think I saw a thread on ATS actually that stated the universe showed signs of bumping into other universes.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

they prolly dont anilhate one another i think they prolly exchange information or possibly open a temporary worm hole..

there are many idea's that could answer what happens when they bump that might be when there reproducing!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I don't know, it's interesting to think about though. I would bet that no matter how small or how large of a scale we look at, we will still keep finding stuff there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join