It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shoots down object near nuclear reactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Perhaps it was swamp gas... (hand to face)

Seriously though, I'm sure it's completely normal for Israel to confuse a balloon with something that needs to be shot down. If it's what I think it is, they shot it down and have it.
edit on 16-12-2010 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
BIG S&F

Didnt we just have a huge press conference in New York not too long ago talking about their huge involvement around nuclear installments...
The sitings at these Nuclear facilities is like 1000 times any other type of places in the world...

Big Find...
No surprise they say it was a balloon....
I wonder if this url and story will "disappear" in the next couple days...
tight lid on it

Times of India
CNN
Israel Defense Official Site/Statement
edit on 16-12-2010 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
it was probably a palestinian who fashioned a hot air balloon to bring milk and food to his family from egypt and got blown off course.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it was probably a palestinian who fashioned a hot air balloon to bring milk and food to his family from egypt and got blown off course.

hahaha

Either UFO or that they would scramble those jets for sure haha

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Seriously though, I'm sure it's completely normal for Israel to confuse a balloon with something that needs to be shot down. If it's what I think it is, they shot it down and have it.
Who said they are confused?

They may want to shoot it down even if they are sure it's a balloon. It could be a booby-trapped or trojan horse balloon, so why not shoot down a balloon entering secure airspace?

What do you think it is?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
When i read the title in a Greek news site i was sooooooo exited,but then i read the article and i got disappointed one more time

If they say it is a balloon,then it has to be one
.What i dont get is this:

was unmanned and had no reason to be hovering where it was the IAF shot it down.

How did they know it was unmanned?Did they try to communicate in some way and they didn't get an answer?
Or it was shoot first ask questions later hoping that it was unmanned?If there was a pilot would they tell?

At this time the object is being studied at the Air Force,

Local news site Ynet said one of the planes fired a missile at the object "which was hovering close to the nuclear research institute at Dimona.

Will we ever know their finds?I'm no expert but shooting a missile in a balloon wouldn't left much to study.

By the way in the news site that i first read it had a picture.I don't know if it's real or from a movie.Check it out.

www.zougla.gr...

If 1 in a million is real from this incident,it doesn't look like a balloon to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

^------- Occam's Razor

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please use this ongoing thread thank you,,
UFO Shot Down Over Israeli Nuclear Plant!!

Thread closed
Sauron

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah, right...they just use the tunnels for that. They even smuggle cars through them, so doubt it's too much trouble.

Israel shoot first and question later? Of course not...!

Then again, when you're surrounded by those who want you off the map, I suspect it's not actually paranoia if they really are out to get you.

new topics

top topics

join