It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PFC Bradley Manning Being Held In Torture Like Conditions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Well this just goes to show what happens when someone goes against the US government.

This is appalling and should be stopped immediately.

Kind of blows my mind that they still treat people like that after all Obama said in his speeches.

I think we should start torturing these people that are doing this to him.

Upsetting to say the least.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thoughts? Sure. He's a traitor. He ought to be shot. You think he's being held in "torture like conditions"? Nonsense. This guy will be coddled, lawyered up, and be a poster boy from here on out.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Welcome to Nazi Germany 1930's. I hope you enjoy your stay...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

If one of your buddies gave you a top secret file that contained information about, let's say, UFO's being real, would you tell people you know? If not release it on a place like this?

If your answer is yes then you should be ruled a traitor too?

Nobody, and I mean nobody deserves to be tortured. If you get information from them chances are it is useless anyway because they will say anything to get it to stop.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
He's lucky he is still being detained. In days gone by he would have been buried due to "natural causes" by now. Maybe he'll finally utter the simple word "guilty" so they can put his disturbed soul to permanent rest.

He's being held in an environment far different from that of the civilian world for a very good reason.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Thoughts? Sure. He's a traitor. He ought to be shot. You think he's being held in "torture like conditions"? Nonsense. This guy will be coddled, lawyered up, and be a poster boy from here on out.

I rarely find pleasure in giving out the facepalm award... but in this case I'll make an exception:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f94dbb7da7cc.jpg[/atsimg]

This brave young man is protecting your country from certain destruction by enemies both foreign and domestic through the exposure of virtually limitless corruption and malfeasance. He is no traitor, sir. He is a hero in the truest sense of the word.

edit on 12/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He's being held in solitary, BIG HONKING DEAL, there are ALOLT of inmates in solitary

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Traitor, spy, backstabber, criminal, possible murder through release of this information . . . I am sure I left a few out. PFC Bradley deserves a firing squad IMO.
edit on 16-12-2010 by nonnez because: To be clear

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You can torture, torment or waterboard this kid til the cows come home, it wont change the fact that he did the right thing.

And it wont make any of those ugly, hurtful truths contained in those released Wikileaks cables any less factual.

This young man has more courage and moral fortitude than all of the cowards who are calling him a traitor put together.

One day you people will realize that he and Assange were in the right, and they werent only trying to expose the truth, they were also trying to protect your rights to speech and liberty as well.

I see a whole lot of kill the messenger, and very little accountability for the lies and the wrongs that have been perpetrated against the world.
edit on 12/16/10 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Seriously?

Go spend time in solitary confinement, spend a couple of days, weeks or months and see if you go crazy. It's a punishment in jail for a reason.

It will make people go crazy and break them, is there really that big of a difference between mental and physical torture? What about mental and physical abuse? I think there isn't.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh... and they're pumping him full of "antidepressants" without consent.
Great police state we have here.
To those who think this is fair and just I have just two words:
"Try it."

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Dude, I HAVE, and let me tell you, i NEVER slept better

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hey, I do not approve of everything that the government does by any means but secrecy is vital in many situations and just because we THINK that we deserve to know everything they do does not mean that we are right. For example, I personally would love to know all the wonderful toys that are contained within Area 51 but I am willing to give up that fantasy because I know that if each and every person knew what it contained then any strategic edge we have regarding the defense of the USA would be lost and all Americans would be at greater risk. This PFC was wrong in his actions and now, sorry to inform you, he has to pay the price. As a great Disney film says . . . well in reverse . . . Hero to zero!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
reply to post by BlackOps719

For example, I personally would love to know all the wonderful toys that are contained within Area 51 but I am willing to give up that fantasy because I know that if each and every person knew what it contained then any strategic edge we have regarding the defense of the USA would be lost and all Americans would be at greater risk.

Well let me ask you this. What do you do when the people who are putting you at risk ARE in the USA?

Im not worried about some Taliban poppy farmer taking away my rights, destroying our economy or locking me inside of an internment camp.

Our greatest potential enemy lies within, like it or not. And if you rely on your enemy to tell you the truth about what he is up to, you are bound to be waiting a long time.

Just my own personal opinion, obviously.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oh he is being held in solitary confinement poor boy.

In the military prisons/jails traitors are treated by other inmates just like pedophiles are treated in state prisons.

put him in general population with all the detainees and we will not need a trial just a body bag.
edit on 17-12-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Well let me ask you this. What do you do when the people who are putting you at risk ARE in the USA?

Well, I would have to say that if there are individuals in government that are doing this, and there are, that ideally the American people should vote them out. We should quit continually re-employing the same individuals whose track-records and corrupt acts are widely known, simply . . .voting them in because they have more experience and because of an unwillingness to take a chance on an unknown. Maybe if enough of them were fired and a resulting increase in fresh and less corrupted newcomers were in office maybe these bad policies that put citizens at risk would be minimal. I could not believe the last election, there were so many politicians that kept their jobs even though their constituents were fully aware of immoral behavior but this is the way the system works . . . the majority rules and if the system is to remain then the majority rule needs to be respected.

Im not worried about some Taliban poppy farmer taking away my rights, destroying our economy or locking me inside of an internment camp.

Well if you are not alive because of a "poppy farmer' taking your life I suppose you don't need to worry about rights . . . do you? Destroying the economy, well, again . . . (See above) the majority ruled and voted that ideology in, didn't it? Internment camp . . . I suppose time will tell and if circumstances warrant it.

Our greatest potential enemy lies within, like it or not. And if you rely on your enemy to tell you the truth about what he is up to, you are bound to be waiting a long time.

Yes, the greatest potential enemy does exist within . . . within each person's actions and interactions, good or bad . . . that govern the paths we take.

Just my own personal opinion, obviously.

And so lucky you are, wherever you live . . . to have that freedom.
edit on 17-12-2010 by nonnez because: add content

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez

Traitor, spy, backstabber, criminal, possible murder through release of this information . . . I am sure I left a few out. PFC Bradley deserves a firing squad IMO.
edit on 16-12-2010 by nonnez because: To be clear

What makes you any different than foaming-at-the-mouth-neo-con?

Oh, wait....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
"torture" like conditions? Its friggin solitary............seriously

People HAVE to know that our grandparents are looking at us and wondering when we became such whiny, complacent, wussies.....

At what spot in the road did we lose our guts, and our backbone......

Its times and instances like this that I wish sometimes something really bad would happen, so that we could weed out all the spineless, crybaby people from this world, who are nothing but a pain in the backside of the world and society itself.......

Biggest problem with Survival of the Fittest is it doesnt apply anymore..........people have lost their grit
edit on 17-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

What makes you any different than foaming-at-the-mouth-neo-con?

Oh, wait....

Whatever, silly goose.

He is a traitor and became a combatant against his own government and thus people; he did so from an entrusted-military position and under oath (which some people still believe means something). He should face military justice to the full extent of the law.

edit on 17-12-2010 by nonnez because: To be less personal

top topics

<<   2 >>

join