It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Frozen Window help

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've not been able to see an updated version of the new topics in the "current topics" window for a while now. The most recent thread showing is called "I just saw the damnedest thing" and it shows that it was posted 9 minutes ago on the 13th of December... I can still see the home page though. I'm not sure what could cause this to happen...or how to fix it... Someone else might help?
edit on 16-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


Try deleting your temporary internet files. In Internet Explorer, go to tools, then Internet Options, and clear your browsing history. There is also a program called CCleaner, just be careful deleting registry entries.

download.cnet.com...

Vizzle
edit on 16-12-2010 by Vizzle because: added link



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle
 


Hi, thanks for the reply . I did that and the problem still continues...hmmmm



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The computer works fine and see updates on other sites. It's only this site where it's not reading everything...I can see why this has been moved to computer help, though I can't see how that could be on my end.



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


Have you tried a different web browser?

2nd line



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have the same issue since the 13th. I am a computer tech and I have done everything on my end that I can think of. I even loaded a couple of different browsers to try and see if it was something in IE doing it. I am using Win 7, all the latest updates, etc. However, it is just the current topics tab on the right that isn't refreshing.

I have turned on view hidden files, operating sys files and deleted everything manually as well. Cookies, all the various temp file, internet cache files (temp internet files) and history, etc. I cleaned the computer of anything associated with the web that is temporary. And it is only the one window. So, it makes it all the more curious

BTW, at least I am glad to know I wasn't the only one spending time trying to figure out where the problem is. What version of windows and browser are you using? I have Win 7 just updated, IE 8, tried Firefox, Opera, still no joy.
edit on 16/12/10 by spirit_horse because: Additional Info



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Same here...



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


i thought it was just me, ive tried from my phone and from my other pc and still frozen. no new updates for me

edit on 16-12-2010 by ^anubis^ because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


Have you tried a different web browser?

2nd line


Hi again, Vizzle. I've done that, and thanks again for helping, though as you can see here I am not alone in this.



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
I have the same issue since the 13th. I am a computer tech and I have done everything on my end that I can think of. I even loaded a couple of different browsers to try and see if it was something in IE doing it. I am using Win 7, all the latest updates, etc. However, it is just the current topics tab on the right that isn't refreshing.

I have turned on view hidden files, operating sys files and deleted everything manually as well. Cookies, all the various temp file, internet cache files (temp internet files) and history, etc. I cleaned the computer of anything associated with the web that is temporary. And it is only the one window. So, it makes it all the more curious

BTW, at least I am glad to know I wasn't the only one spending time trying to figure out where the problem is. What version of windows and browser are you using? I have Win 7 just updated, IE 8, tried Firefox, Opera, still no joy.
edit on 16/12/10 by spirit_horse because: Additional Info


It is indeed curious. Yemen's vortex? ANON has taken control of ATS?


I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I'm glad you explained everything you did in that post. I wonder what's up...



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am starting to think it is something to do with Java, or whatever that window is using on the site. I am not real well versed on Java, Flash, Silverlight, etc. Possibly there was a Java update we used or didn't get or Shockwave, something along those lines. Possibly Microcrap update to the browser made a plugin malfunction. I think I am going to update those things and see if it fixes the issue. Sun Java, Adobe Flash, Shockwave, MS Silverlight, etc and I will let you know if I find a cure for this ailment. MS Update may have messed something up and the other browsers i.e. Firefox is made by Mozilla and that is why they have the same issue. However, that doesn't answer why it is happening on phones, and other devices. Maybe ATS updated something on the server, but it isn't effecting everyone or we would have heard about it before.
edit on 16/12/10 by spirit_horse because: spelling/ add info



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yea guys it's been happening to me for the same time frame. i show recent topics like "I just saw the darndest thing...:" as the top new topic lol.. been there for days now :|



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, updating Java, Shockwave/Flash, Silverlight didn't make any difference. I could see if it was just Win 7/Vista with the latest updates having problems, but multiple browsers and on other devices like phones makes me think it is server side. I see more people with the problem, but you would think there would be mass problems which makes it that much stranger.



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Well, updating Java, Shockwave/Flash, Silverlight didn't make any difference. I could see if it was just Win 7/Vista with the latest updates having problems, but multiple browsers and on other devices like phones makes me think it is server side. I see more people with the problem, but you would think there would be mass problems which makes it that much stranger.


I know , right...something with the ATS server , like you suggested.
edit on 16-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The problem is still there...and yet this remains in computer help as opposed to being moved back into the forum I originally posted it in for board related issues.
Any reason why this is considered a computer problem of mine when other people are experiencing it, mods?



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I posted one in Board Business before. I just tried it on 2 work computers that have never been on ATS and both of them, one with Vista x86 and one with WinXP SP3, both with IE8. Same thing, not updated since the 13th of Dec. So, I know it isn't anything that has been saved on my laptop or anything on our end. It has to be something server related. There isn't much we can do. I think every available attempt has been made to see if it is related to our PC's and even using PC's never before on the site, to some using devices such as phones are not working. They usually are running Windows CE or a proprietary OS. I don't have any more suggestions. Being the different OS's and different devices, different browsers, even ones never on ATS, I have come to the conclusion that it has to be something on the server that was updated or corrupted that isn't updating that Current Topics screen from the tab on the right. I can use the top menu bar and it updates. I have been using it since the 13th. And all the previous attempts to fix it, including updating plug-ins, disabling accelerators and add-ins, etc. I would say it almost has to be server side for some reason. Possibly something to do with our accounts. If other people are being updated, then it isn't affecting all of the users or I think we would see much more about this. I agree itshould be moved from Computer help at this point. I have done Tech Support and Help Desk for major well know corporations for quite a few years before and this isn't able to be corrected from our side. Has anyone updated their profile or anything? I did, but after the problem started. I don't know if there is cache on our accounts, probably is since our posts, threads, etc are kept in our member area, and maybe something in there is causeing this. However, there isn't anything we can do about that as far as having access to that. I may mess with my profile and make sure I don't have any subscriptions or anything that could possibly have an influence. Especially since we have been relegated to trying to fix the problem which is obviously not on our end.

It must be a conspiracy!

edit on 17/12/10 by spirit_horse because: spelling/ add info



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wow! I just checked and it is working again. I wonder what the problem was. Well, whatever it was ATS must have fixed it, intentionally or not!



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Wow! I just checked and it is working again. I wonder what the problem was. Well, whatever it was ATS must have fixed it, intentionally or not!


Spirit Horse, thanks for all the things you did to verify that it was not us. I see it is working again, too. Cool.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join