It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's s'now good, I love it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ok, please no one bite my head off and accuse me of trivialising, and this is more a statement than a thread to elicit responses. What with all these threads about british weather and ice ages etc, i just wanted to say i just had one of those 'god' moments, i peeked outside and everything is covered in a beautiful untouched white blanket of snow, and for a second all i could think was ' man thats beautiful'. Its a pity all this doom and gloom makes us forget the beauty that the creator has provided for us.
ps i may not being saying this tomorrow when the car doesnt start!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
We got snow too, and it was awesome

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Azaezal

thankyou, i thought so to, aint it beautiful, yknow sometimes i dont think it harms to become like children and see it through their eyes, its a great respite from all this conspiracy and gloom and doom.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People have to start realizing that heaven is right here on earth. There are just some evil beings that have ripped it apart. We have been give so much life. Yet we tend kill it.

Something is deeply wrong here.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Have you ever noticed how anyone walking along on the sidewalk seems to have a cell phone to their ear? They miss all the beauty of nature because they can't stand to be alone with their own thoughts. Very disturbing.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRevolutionOf2010
People have to start realizing that heaven is right here on earth. There are just some evil beings that have ripped it apart. We have been give so much life. Yet we tend kill it.

Something is deeply wrong here.
You dont know how right you are, we have everything we need, we have ALL the tools, no one needs to starve no one need to be cold EVER, theres enough for everyone, im rapidly losing faith in my race.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I hereby pronounce you to be an Honorary Canadian

now
doesn't that fire seem twice as bright too, and that hug a lttle more warm?
that whiskey tastes a little more firey, and that yuletide cheer just that much more cozy?

all the best of the season to you DW
I hope you and yours are warm and safe.
I love my polaroid sun glasses can't go outside without them

edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thankyou, my dad went to canada a couple of years ago, it look great, very very different to america, methinks,

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Us Canadians have a thing called a snow day
if it gets bad don't be silly..don't risk the doownside.
Get all the good stuff out and take the day off
like a little gift from above.

also known as a mental health day

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Us Canadians have a thing called a snow day
if it gets bad don't be silly..don't risk the doownside.
Get all the good stuff out and take the day off
like a little gift from above.

also known as a mental health day
sounds good Dan, however in this country a centimetre of snow and the whole country comes to a standstill!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Snow is actually one of those things that still strikes that feeling of "Damn. This is beautiful." deep inside me. When November is ending and you can smell that frigid smell in the air. It just reeks of perfection. Then, when it all gets here and hits us..I mean, untouched snow is one thing but when you get those massive snow storms where the snowflakes are as big as quarters and you've got a big cup of coco just being hypnotized by the falling "sky"...Yeah. I don't blame you for having that "god" moment.

Snow is awesome!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I enjoyed snow much more when I was a kid and we got the day off to build igloos, snowboard or whatever. Being a grownup, short of a freak blizzard, you will be expected to go to work anyway. That is what snow tires and four wheel drive is for, and you have to have that here to survive. I still do enjoy the snow on my days off though, now I got better toys to play with when I can afford to gas them up lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I would die a happy man if I never saw snow again. Unfortunately, I had the extreme misfortune of winding up in NE Ohio, right next to that big ol' polluted puddle they call a lake. Believe me when I say nothing will make you yearn for the sweet release of death more than 6 months of lake effect white death. What I wouldn't have given to have been born into a tropical paradise like Hawaii.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I partially miss the snow and partially don't now being in Cali this year and Florida the last five years. I miss the seasons and the snow because looking at it is simply beautiful. Also, when I was a kid it was awesome having snow days and playing in the snow. Ahhh, back in those days (now I'm sounding old for a 21 yr old, lol).

Though I also did not miss it because sometimes it was simply too cold and now I am so used to nice weather year round. The other thing that got to me living in Buffalo, NY for the first 16 years of my life was having the sky be grey for like 5 months. When it was grey for that long and not being able to see the sun for that long it would get depressing and just wear you down. When it is sunny out, to me, one is more happy in the long run, in my opinion.

top topics

join