It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian Deaths In Iraq: Some Stats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
First thing to say is that these are civilian deaths only.So please nobody say they deserved it.These figures,by virtue of the methodology and difficult enviroment, also should be seen as a minimum but still 235 children under the age of 9 are counted.

I was the country director of the first (and maybe only) door-to-door civilian casualties survey. Marla Ruzika was my American partner, the fund raiser, and the general director of CIVIC. Unfortunately, she didn't have the chance to publish the final results until now.

I decided to publish my copy of the final results of the Iraqi civilian casualties in Baghdad and the south of Iraq on the 9th of this month in respect to the big effort of the 150 volunteers who worked with me and spent weeks of hard work under the hot sun of the summer, in respect to Majid my brother who spent weeks arranging the data entry process, and in respect to the innocent souls of those who died because of irresponsible political decisions. civilians.info...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Note that this is only Baghdad city and a part of the south of Iraq.
Doens't represent the country wide figures, but 2000+ where over 550 are under 18. Damn!!

This is a site that does statistical bodycount according to reports, purely civilian.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

[edit on 5-7-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And still, people in US think that all this so call "casualties" are expected and part of war, a war that this people did not ask for or beg for it, the price of invation and liberation.

The price of liberation by Mr. bush,
shame on you mr. president and shame on anybody that thinks that this casualties are good.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some more interesting information on the subject.

www.iraqbodycount.net

new topics

top topics

join