It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by thecinic
Assange and wikileaks is worthless...
What have they leaked that is of ANY importance..
All wikileaks has done is boost assanges ego and give you fanboys something to do..
Get real wikileaks will be gone with the wind same with you fanboys have fun while it last.
Sorryto crash your day with the proof that wikileaks has fudged their information..
IF THE SOURCE IS NOT CREDIBLE THEN THE INFORMATION IS NOT CREDIBLE..
Wikileaks and assange is not credible......
• How a secret "black" unit of special forces hunts down Taliban leaders for "kill or capture" without trial.
• How the Taliban have caused growing carnage with a massive escalation of their roadside bombing campaign, which has killed more than 2,000 civilians to date.
Questionable shootings of civilians...
• US authorities failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, torture, rape and even murder by Iraqi police and soldiers whose conduct appears to be systematic and normally unpunished.
• A US helicopter gunship involved in a notorious Baghdad incident had previously killed Iraqi insurgents after they tried to surrender.
• More than 15,000 civilians died in previously unknown incidents. US and UK officials have insisted that no official record of civilian casualties exists but the logs record 66,081 non-combatant deaths out of a total of 109,000 fatalities.
The numerous reports of detainee abuse, often supported by medical evidence, describe prisoners shackled, blindfolded and hung by wrists or ankles, and subjected to whipping, punching, kicking or electric shocks. Six reports end with a detainee's apparent death.
Washington is running a secret intelligence campaign targeted at the leadership of the United Nations, including the secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, and the permanent security council representatives from China, Russia, France and the UK.
• China is ready to accept Korean unification and is distancing itself from North Korea which it describes as behaving like a "spoiled child".
• Spain's El País focuses on repeated attempts by the US to curb court cases in Spain against American soldiers and politicians accused of involvement in Iraq war crimes or torture at Guantánamo.
• The US ambassador to Pakistan said the Pakistani army is covertly sponsoring four major militant groups, including the Afghan Taliban and the Mumbai attackers, Laskar-e-Taiba (LeT), and "no amount of money" will change the policy.
• Russia armed Georgian separatists in South Ossetia and Abkhazia and carried out a wave of "covert actions" to undermine Georgia in the runup to the 2008 Russian-Georgian war, according to US diplomats.
• The US embassy in Moscow criticised the IMF, the World Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for offering huge loans to Russia it felt were not justified.
• One of the biggest objectives at the US embassy in Madrid over the past seven years has been trying to get the criminal case dropped against three US soldiers accused of the killing of a Spanish television cameraman in Baghdad.
•Rampant government corruption in Afghanistan is revealed by the cables, including an incident last year when the then vice-president, Ahmad Zia Massoud, was stopped and questioned in Dubai when he flew into the emirate with $52m in cash.
Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by MrXYZ
Originally posted by thecinic
Now why would wikileaks be changing data so much?
Well it's obvious now, so that they can push THEIR agenda.
What is their agenda?
To creat chaos for America and allies, to cash in on *free information* (not really free is it) for fame (so assange can fill his narccisistic dreams of being a hero), gain power so that they can manipulate and fool many.
As you see wikileaks is NOT what it seems...
No wikileaks has a hidden agenda, and now they are retracting this, adding that, maybe even making things up..
Wikileaks has yet to deliver anything useful..
All we get is dog food (what assange has MOST thankfully let us see) OH thank you assange for feeding us dog food while you keep the cavier (insurance)...
No you havn't fooled all of us assange, MANY are opening their eyes to your deceit, wikileaks, shame on you for fudging documents!
"Bradley Manning spent yesterday, his birthday, alone in a tiny, bare prison cell, without a pillow or sheets on his bed, in weak health and wracked with anxiety at the prospect of a prison sentence of 52 years.
The young American soldier has faded into the background as international ructions continue over the hundreds of thousands of pieces of classified material from the US government that he is supposed to have supplied to WikiLeaks.
Now the fate of the whistleblowing website’s founder, Julian Assange, who has very much held the centre-stage, lies in the hands of the 23-year-old former army intelligence analyst.
Originally posted by pforkp
reply to post by TheDeader
I'd like to clarify where I'm getting this information from, and where my source is getting it from. Cable-Diff downloads the freshly updated batch of "all" cables directly from wikileaks.ch. Therefore, they compare information released directly from the source, and compares it to other archives posted from the source as well. It therefore chronicles all name changes and data changes within the cables over time, as they are available on the official Wikileaks website.
I have no doubt in my mind that your mirror hosts the "missing" files, as well as "unredacted" ones. The point is, the official cable listings that are shown on Wikileaks do not appear in their original form any longer. This is the main place where people will go to for reading the cables, not mirrors. Therefore, when Wikileaks deletes or censors huge parts of cables that they released previously, it seems like this is the way the cables have always been to the uninformed public, or to those who don't actively track changes to the cables themselves.
As I mentioned earlier, you can definitely still find the original cables - but only if you know what to look for, and only if you don't search on the official Wikileaks site. Wikileaks is manipulating its version of "history", but that doesn't stop mirrors from passively chronicling this manipulation.
(PS, starred your post because I think your points are important)edit on 18-12-2010 by pforkp because: (no reason given)