It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHARITY at its finest! Hockey game delayed for 40 minutes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While tossing hats onto the ice when a player scores three goals might be hockey's most famous tossing tradition, it simply doesn't compare to the Technicolor grandeur of 23,096 teddy bears and other stuffed animals blanketing the rink as they did at the Calgary Hitmen game on Sunday:

www.youtube.com...
source: sports.yahoo.com...

To see the kids is just awesome!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Now thats' just a plain waste of good stuffed animals (know what I mean?)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Or atleast, a waste of hockey playing time!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow That's so cool, We in the U.K. Should try this.

It Make's me feel good, That some people Really do Care.

Never seen anything like this.
Some of my Biker pal's do what we call the Tedy Bear run. we collect teddies and do a big bike run to local Childrens Hospitals. we also do Easter egg runs. But I don't recomended throwing Easter Eggs Lol.

Have a Flag........Just because YOU made me happy!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good to see so many people donating to kids! Kudos OP - it warms my heart

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XISTRA118
Wow That's so cool, We in the U.K. Should try this.

It Make's me feel good, That some people Really do Care.

Never seen anything like this.
Some of my Biker pal's do what we call the Tedy Bear run. we collect teddies and do a big bike run to local Childrens Hospitals. we also do Easter egg runs. But I don't recomended throwing Easter Eggs Lol.

Have a Flag........Just because YOU made me happy!

Godbless you too! My lady love and I always do Toys For Tots and the Salvation Army, both great charities.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

It's a pretty common thing to happen around this time of year at rinks. I have never seen one like that though. Kudos to the fans and to the Hitmen for continuing the tradition. That will bring a lot of smiles to kids faces this year.

The Hit men own the record for the most thrown at a game as well, according to that article. Here's the video.

And here is one of the places all the bears from the other night went to, delivered by the players.

www.metronews.ca...

The morning after thousands of teddy bears rained from the sky at the Saddledome, players from the Calgary Hitmen were able to see first-hand the impact of Sunday’s teddy bear toss.

“When we can give back to the community, that’s pretty special for us, especially at a place like this,” captain Matt MacKenzie said about the Alberta Children’s Hospital.

new topics

top topics

join