It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange given bail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Julian Assange given bail.

www.bbc.co.uk

The founder of whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, Julian Assange, has vowed "to continue my work and to protest my innocence" after being freed on bail.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
After being held by police for more than a week Julian Assange has finally been released on bail.

Glad to see he's finally been let out, and now he has a little bit of freedom maybe he will organise a swifter release of his 250K files.

I have doubts about how fairly a trial will go if he does go to court over these alleged sexual assaults.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

I wonder how much he will be able to freely communicate..
They will probably monitor anything coming out of that house..
Phones and internet...

Anyway, at least he is free for the moment..
Spending 9 days in jail just because he is wanted for questioning by a foreign country for something that isn't even a crime in the UK, is not exactly my idea of justice served..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Exactly. I guess because we are in the EU we have to play nice with all other European countries. If this was anyone else, wanted anywhere else outside of Europe the UK would give a big fat finger to them.

Funny how things change when people feel threatened.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I guess that means after TPTB have gauged the public's reaction to round 1, they're going to start round 2 of 'telling you trivial "secrets" in order to justify shutting down the internet'.

Whoopee.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am 100% in support of him and am so happy to see this interview, wonderful. Hopefully more will come out now, and also that the people will rally to his support on every level. Amazing that they have gone past the date to actually depict the crime fully, they act as if they are not obligated to do so and can extradict without evidence of any kind.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm glad he's out on bail on what he's been accused of.

He's abrave man to take on what he has.

I loved the irony of him asking the court to prevent the details of his home address being published.

edit on 16-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join