It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I hear you loud and clear. My wife has big breasts. BIG Ones. 44 DD. People stare at her, both men and women. The area we live in has a lot of Welsh people, they seem to be small breasted people, with is OK, but this makes my wife really self conscious at times. She was out in the yard yesterday, watching my son and I align the frond end on our Chevy Van. A pickup went by, slowed way down, while both men in it stared holes through her blouse. She turned to them, held them up, and shouted, "Take a picture, lasts longer," then, "They are tits, all women have a pair." I was so proud of her I clapped!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I too have a large chest (34 DD) and no matter what I wear my breast size is evident under my clothes. I always dress as professional as possible but button up dress shirts just fit big chested girls in a different way. If the shirt fits through the arms and shoulders then the chest is too tight and the buttons gap. However, I work in a profession where being sexy and attractive is not only rewarded it is demanded - I'm a fitness professional. If you think being judged on your looks in regular jobs is tough try being judged on your body fat percentage. The research quoted in the OP confuses me - I have seen a lot of research showing that attractive people are often preferred in most jobs. There have been studies that showed that when an attractive person, with poor qualifications, interviewed against an unattractive person with better qualifications the attractive person usually gets the job. I have also seen that attractive people are more often promoted than their less attractive counterparts.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Being asked to cover up my cleavage, when the office does not require uniforms, is oppressive, and a conspiracy against women. Women have breasts.

Good to see I once again completely disagree with your position.

Men have penises, maybe we should walk around with them hanging out?

And nothing in the article said the places were requiring women to cover up their cleavage. It said women who dress like sluts aren't taken seriously. Maybe you should be allowed to go into work dressed as a hooker? After all, you're just a woman showing off your sexuality right?

Feminists love to whine and whine about reality, thinking it will change to fit their deluded perceptions.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Sounds very sexist, to me anyway. We were discussing appendages found on the chest, not between the legs.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Sounds very sexist, to me anyway. We were discussing appendages found on the chest, not between the legs.

It sounds sexist to you because you have been brainwashed by the feminist media. What's the point of showing cleavage, the point is she is trying to be sexually attractive and expose part of her body for that purpose. There is no inherent difference. She's whining about reality instead of comprehending reality, just like most people today.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

It sounds sexist to you because you have been brainwashed by the feminist media. What's the point of showing cleavage, the point is she is trying to be sexually attractive and expose part of her body for that purpose. There is no inherent difference. She's whining about reality instead of comprehending reality, just like most people today.

Really now? Brainwashed by the Females, you say? No, not that at all, just tired of men staring at women's boobs all the time. I am a man, and I do look, but do not stare. That would be uncouth and disrespectful. I take it you are the controller in your home, and your wife is subservient to you? Am I correct here? In my home my wife is Queen, and Goddess. We men are her servants and consorts. We like it that way, even if some do not.

Many men will say that the way a woman dresses gets her raped. do you think like that friend? Here is my take. A woman is boss over her body, she dresses like she wises too, and it is no business whatsoever what men may think of her.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Really now? Brainwashed by the Females, you say?

Brainwashed by the feminist media. The NWO crowd control the media. They financed feminism as a way to destroy the family, research it.

No, not that at all, just tired of men staring at women's boobs all the time. I am a man, and I do look, but do not stare. That would be uncouth and disrespectful. I take it you are the controller in your home, and your wife is subservient to you? Am I correct here?

No.

In my home my wife is Queen, and Goddess. We men are her servants and consorts.

She'll be leaving you as soon as she finds an alpha male interested in her.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No she won't leave because I'm her and he is the best thing that every happened to me and my kids.
I can wear shirts that cover up my boobs, and not show anything and the guys still look. I can't help what I was born with, and they are my real boobs, and I like them.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
rubbish

if a man wore a banana hammock to work, he would be fired or suspended and sent home

if you want to show your muffin tops, that's great, just understand there is a consequence

simple really

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In my opinion this is a silly thread that should of gone to bed a lot sooner than this, it's fairly simple; the way you appear is a direct representation of the company you work for; if you look like you work for a brothel then that's how people are going to interpret you...

It's fairly easy to look professional, whether you have a large cleavage or not. If you've got it then hell yeah flaunt it, but your not at work to flaunt anything - your at work to work. So, dress appropriately and then's there's no issue ?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerBellAmy

No she won't leave because I'm her and he is the best thing that every happened to me and my kids.
I can wear shirts that cover up my boobs, and not show anything and the guys still look. I can't help what I was born with, and they are my real boobs, and I like them.

Your not at work to "like your boobs"...

Men will always look at a women's cleavage, just like women will stare at a man's crotch. Oh dear, did I just mention that females will stare at males at work as well???

Pardon me.

Just crack on with your job and dress appropriately, not difficult ...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I've enjoyed your replies on the thread the most. You are very intelligent, and logical, balanced and consciously aware. Very rational and well thought out responses. Good wardrobe tips too. I'm sure sure there are many who end up looking boxy, or plumper when they are trying to hide their feminine curves, and without adding an enormous expense this can be intimidating. Layering is one option, I think. I don't work in an office but always envision my own office, as if heading there. And I can't bear boxy styles or tailored jackets, or button up shirts. I see it all as layers, with a soft flowing light sweater jacket, a modest tank and a kind of vest over, the right cut for dress pants, not tight, not too baggy, just sort of flowing.

My mother had that build for years, and she really disliked it, but had a hard time finding casual apparel as well for around the orchard and outings. She didn't like bulky clothing, but didn't like anyone looking at her chest instead of her eyes. And I was always aware of this as well, kind of protective.

So its not just office.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'd want to wear something like this, a little looser with a medium high tank top under and flowing but somewhat narrow legged, pants, or ones that just fit well. Possibly a long light weight linen blend sweater over it.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

p.lefux.com...
This with pants and a filmy sweater.

flowing art vests

www.missouribluffs.com...

a248.e.akamai.net...$detail_main$

cache.pixazza.com...

May have to do a little tailoring/sewing yourself, a little hand dying and creativity.

I'd dress my way and start my own business if necessary. In fact, I rarely get asthma attacks, but crowded grocery markets and stuffy places, or packed with people give them to me. Would want my own office or nonprofit anyway.

I'd set the flowing art look.

www.elinterior.com...

never buy them if expensive, make your own.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by GoalPoster

And it is the females choice to show cleavage, as it is the males choice to show ill restraint when confronted with said cleavage.

Just becasue the business appears male dominated does not mean us women need to take this kind of oppression.

Its not oppression in my eyes..its plain common sense. I find low cut cleavage baring tops distracting, and if you are showing off your boobs, that is what people will focus on. Not entirely appropriate for the work place. Funny how you never see men who are proud of what mother nature gave to them..(as far as size) wear clothing to reveal ol' willy just a bit ?

Please leave the cleavage for the nightclubs, and the beach. It does not come off as professional at all, and I can see why they are overlooked for promotions, if they really think that it is ok to be so revealing at work.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Who determines what "showing off the breast" means? Two inches of cleavage crack? Half an inch?

Many of my dress blouses show cleavage. I don't care what someone else thinks of my cleavage, if it bothers you (in general) look elsewhere.

Why make it an issue? Wear a shirt to your neck as is deemed socially appropriate in your particular situation... go to work, get your job done, get paid, and go home. THEN, when you're off the clock... wear what is socially appropriate for the next situation. If that means a plunging neckline... God bless... if that means you're nude... God bless... but if you're standing there attracting negative attention because of your nakedness... ask yourself... Why?

Your boss is paying other employees to get important things done within time and budget constraints. If you work with your employers best interests in mind, why let your boob-crack inches of flirtatious indecision derail and stand before progress?

Hajib, there is a time and place for everything. You are allowing your freewill to override your conscience.

and as far as this comment:

I don't care what someone else thinks of my cleavage

You're full of it. We wouldn't be discussing it otherwise.

Urban Dictionary
Attention Whore

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To the members here on this thread....

Notice the title up at the top

"Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace"

I understood the topic arena to be how some women tend towards displaying cleavage in the work place.

I just wanted to get that out there for those who may have missed it.

While I recognize I am not every man out there...on a personal note I do not care for big breasted women.
I think that sort of thing is overrated in women. I just don't have that kind of fixation. Not that I don't enjoy the female form..I most certainly do. I am just not attracted to such in a woman.

Sri Oracle,

I like your style...well said..well said.

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 17-7-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What if some of us don't work in a professional office?
I can wear clothes that doesn't show my cleavage, and I still get stared at. I try not to attract attention to my self but I still get it, no matter what I wear, even woman stare at me too.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

To add to that, I have trouble finding a nice shirt, or blouse for women that doesn't have pockets over the breasts!!! Really? Nothing like calling attention to the breasts. Why are the pockets even there? We aren't men who carry pens, notebooks or glasses in their pockets!! I feel self conscious enough, I don't need pockets!!
edit on 25-7-2011 by aero56 because: more info

edit on 25-7-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

True enough, but get this. In the school where I teach, a middle school, the boys wear their pants practically at their knees. They constantly have to pull them up, that is, when told to do so. The girls, and I am talking 5th through 8th grade here, have cleavages like you would not believe! These girls today are large breasted and they wear tight fitting tops. I have seen some so low cut that when the girl bends over, I get really scared, while the boys get really excited!! Seriously, some male teachers feel very uncomfortable with the way these girls dress. They look much more mature than 5-8th grades!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thumb up....I know exactly what you mean when you put a smiley-face there.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58 >>

join