It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
No one can help but look at the cleavage... if it's very fake breasts or show too much, yeah that'd not be the best office look. Methinks Christina Hendricks in Madmen has the most classy yet sexy good looking business attire. She shows off her large chest proudly, however appropriately, as a business lady on the show. I'd hardly consider covering up the breasts on the job as sexist, just considerate so won't have everyone taking looks down shirt all day long. Better for everyone's productivity, comfort level and image of the company of course. If one wants to wear revealing clothes to work, I'd suggest doing caregiving for an elderly man he'd love it!

I'm all for showing off big boobs, having people stare but the beach for instance seems like a much better venue for it don't you?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Holy hell. 50 pages my goodness...oh yeah she's hot little ginger

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Peter Jones?? Well his is the first troll survey I have ever heard of. Still it is the daily fail so what do you expect. Peter jones is a nonentity. I have had a few juniors who were inappropriately dressed but I just have a quiet fatherly chat with them and the save their breasts for the clubs. No big deal hence a whole survey is unnecessary unless you are peter jones!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Annee

the breast reduction data was in the link in the op. why do you keep moving the bar all over kingdom come, so that i must explain each thing i say, when it's already right there in the data to begin with? now i hear you saying that it isn't just an issue of smaller breasts and downplaying beauty, drab, featureless clothing, but also physical fitness, which effectively removes the bulk of people on the planet from applying for the job. next will you tell me that it also requires you have a DNA screening to determine if you'll ever be a health risk? maybe require any women that work for them to be sterilized first? i can just hear some depopulation afficiando saying "hey, not a bad idea..."

I'm still following the thread, Undo, because I love reading fiction, and you have managed to make up a delightful series of fairy tales. To quote or paraphrase:

1. It's not about coverage at all. Women with big breasts can't get respect however they dress.

2. A woman's appearance should be irrelevant in the work place.

3. Breasts are not sexual. They're just milk machines.

4. If a man feels distracted from his job when a woman is showcasing a large decolletage at work, it's all the man's fault for not controlling himself.

5. Women are even more covered than they were back then (some 7000 years ago).
Ok, I agree with this one. But then they hadn't even invented loin-cloths 7000 years ago.

6. If breasts are sexual organs and not feeding organs, moms could be sexually abusing their infants when they breast feed them?
- As if anyone other than you is suggesting they can't be both...

7. Women are constantly judged on whether they are revolting to look at.

8. "this woman (in the OP) felt she had to have major organs of her body mangled, in order to be accepted in her work place for her brain and not her cup size.
. . .
the ladies down yonder, deliberately having their body parts chopped up so you will actually listen to what they are saying or being shoved in sacks that cover them from head to toe."

Not "the ladies", one woman, Liz Jones , and what does Liz actually say?

I made terrible mistakes - and got away with them - because I had a giant cleavage.
. . . .
I despised the women around me who flaunted their breasts to get ahead. One in particular, who had a truly enormous pair, would lean across the editor-in-chief in an almost comical way.
Another young trainee, fresh out of Oxbridge, used her breasts to get her straight to the top. She was given all the plum assignments and everyone hated her. I hated her most of all.
. . .
I hated my big breasts because they made me look fat, made clothes ­difficult to wear, and jogging nigh on impossible.

So big breasts are actually a great advantage at work, but unpleasant to own?
But getting a breast reduction is getting mutilated?

9. "alot of people . . . want women exclusively, to consider the comfort of others, while demanding that women, exclusively, go to great lengths and great expense (and in some cases, life threatening surgeries) to make sure everyone is comfortable with the natural attributes of women, exclusively."
We've not been shown a single instance of anyone demanding a woman get a breast reduction, nor any woman saying anyone demanded she get one.

10. "i mean some of these ladies have more clothes on than they did 100 years ago."
You've got to be kidding.
Women's clothing during the early 1900s

11. "we are talking about forcing women to look like men in order to be considered professional"
No, we are dicussing the uissue of revealing cleavage in the workplace.

12. "western women . . . have to smash their breasts or cut them off, to be perfectly attired, carefully coiffed or professional flat chested non descript worker (all hail the kremlin),"

13. A possible expectation at a workplace that a woman cover her cleavage is comparible with:
"muslim cleric claims improper coverage of women's bodies cause earthquakes", which was entitled "Boobquake.",
women in india having to get their own subway,
and women in iran having to get their own female only taxi service."

14. 200 years ago and 300 years ago women were not expected to cover their decolletage as they are now.
This is only true if you compare upper-class dinner dresses with modern work attire. Work attire for most women in those days was more modest than today. Traditionally the wealthier the woman, the more bosom she could show. Lower class women were more likely to always keep them covered.

15. You suggest that acknowleging many men have an inevitable hormonal response to seeing uncovered breasts leads to women all having to wear purdah.

16. "racism and sexism are practically synonmous"

17. "the new trend is, to punish women for looking female."

18. "the advent of the 60s pre-corporate shindig, saw alot of the same feminists (that support the non female, drab colors, played down body parts, look, now) running around back then with in braless,wet, tie-dyed t-shirt look."
No, feminists in the hippy days mostly rejected anything at all feminine looking and commonly wore trousers and jackets or overalls.

19. "large boobs are becoming the new "uncool" in the corporate world."
No-one has yes shown any evidence for this.

20. "the 60s were also the height of the cold war with russia, and our universities and bra burning parties were being over run with communists from several communist nations or created by them in the first place. It's entirely possible . . . that it was encouraged to use their breasts for the good of communism,"
Compare this with point 12. Were the Commies pushing women into having big breasts or into being flat-chested?

21. "Once they (the big boobed commie women) were in place, and had achieved the desired position, that avenue would be closed off to anyone but the most trusted associates. Once they controlled the universities and newpapers, news programs, and various types of media, had the ability to mold the minds of new generations of students, they made sure no one else who wasn't on the same ticket, would get anywhere near the type of influence and power, they had, by making it difficult for anyone else to succeed."
Is this meant to be fact, baseless speculation or comedy? If the latter, it's working.

22. "maybe require any women that work for them to be sterilized first?"
Last time I saw a woman going over the top to this extent, she fell off the other side of the roof.

That's quite a collection, Undo. Thanks.

edit on 22/12/10 by Kailassa because: colour prejudice

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have decided to completely reverse my position, cleavage should be allowed in the workplace. I am sure it is a shock for some people here that i have changed my mind, maybe you think a well reasoned debate did this, well no because there hasn't been a good reason presented for showing cleavage in the workplace. No instead i remembered a study i read a while back.

Stare at boobs for longer life: Study

Frankfurt, Germany, December 6 -- A rather bizarre study carried out by German researchers suggests that staring at women's breasts is good for men's health and increases their life expectancy.

According to Dr. Karen Weatherby, a gerontologist and author of the study, gawking at women’s breasts is a healthy practice, almost at par with an intense exercise regime, that prolongs the lifespan of a man by five years.

I would like to point out this study was performed by a woman so don't go accusing the study of being run by a sexist man.

Ok so heres the deal, i think cleavage should be shown and men should be able to look. For those of you claiming this is harrassment well by not letting men look you are actively shortening their lives and impacting their health and i would argue this is a form of assault.

Come on, even if you disagree with me you have to admit this post is edging genius.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Oh my God...

...Just... just... Oh my God...

... The first post that supports the OP that has a source that relates to the topic ...

... and it only took 50 pages ...

****TOTALLY IMPRESSED****

Oh

My

God

This obvious hoax is the most credible information so far.

Oh, man.

Well, they say that laughing is good for the soul... so I guess this thread did something positive for some of us, at least.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

23. "I am not a feminist, I am a realist."
-Clearly the force of reality is strong with this one
edit on 23-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Just to say i know the study is a hoax but it's so very funny i couldn't resist.

Merry Christmas everyone

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Hmm... Weatherby, that name rings a bell. Quite an illustrious faculty behind her. They've produced all sorts of interesting studies on women. It's all the Commie Liberal funding for "Women's Studies" these days. No one studies anything about men; it's all just about improving the lot of us poor downtrodden women. Anyway the latest study they produced was about how women can improve their health, their complexions and increase their bust size. Apparently Weatherby, by participating in the study herself, expanded her own puny paps into massive mammaries. The best method for increasing bust size was found to be the regular injestion of male ejaculate. It was not suggested that all large-busted babes "swallow", but a feedback loop was uncovered whereby the larger the womens' bosoms, the more opportunities they find to show how they suck.

However the study had to be discontinued when the Commie Liberals funding it received new orders from above, and had to redirect funds into methods of producing flat chests for the mindless proletariat. This sudden discontinuation had an unfortunate effect on the I.T. faculty, who have mostly ended up hospitalised for the painful Blueball's Syndrome. Strangely, the group working in robotics have remained unaffected - apart from the screaming gentleman who suffered the unexplained dislocation of his male member.

A follow-up study on the female participants has revealed another side-effect of the treatment on the female participants. The larger the breast-growth, the more unbalanced they became. Regrettably, this has resulted in a pronounced increase in tippability factor as the raised centre of gravity has made them quite unbalanced. As the protruding knockers have a tendancy to keep knocking against environmental obstructions, this lack of balance results in the women continually falling over.

However inspiration has been gained from a "Mr Tippy, the clown" toy, and research is presently underway on large, weighted footwear, so that any sudden move from vertical to horizontal orientation will merely result in the woman concerned bouncing up again.

These lead galoshes should prove a boon to well-endowed ladies in the workplace. However it the busty bunnies are going to be provided with free HUMPs (Heavy Untippable-Momma Puttees,) by their employers, it will be vital they learn to avoid stepping on their co-workers toes.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I enjoy showcasing my best assetts, and I would hope that my work would be what people judge, not my breasts.

Why do you "showcase" your breasts if you want to be judged by your work, NOT your breasts?

Should women be allowed to show cleavage in the workplace?

Sure they should. But if they're doing it to "showcase their assets", they shouldn't be surprised when people judge them for doing so.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

research is presently underway on large, weighted footwear, so that any sudden move from vertical to horizontal orientation will merely result in the woman concerned bouncing up again.

Meanwhile, the backroom boys at American Gyroscope, Inc., are working on ways to induce the top-heavy totsies to tip over backwards, rather than forwards.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I have decided to completely reverse my position, cleavage should be allowed in the workplace. I am sure it is a shock for some people here that i have changed my mind, maybe you think a well reasoned debate did this, well no because there hasn't been a good reason presented for showing cleavage in the workplace. No instead i remembered a study i read a while back.

Stare at boobs for longer life: Study

Frankfurt, Germany, December 6 -- A rather bizarre study carried out by German researchers suggests that staring at women's breasts is good for men's health and increases their life expectancy.

According to Dr. Karen Weatherby, a gerontologist and author of the study, gawking at women’s breasts is a healthy practice, almost at par with an intense exercise regime, that prolongs the lifespan of a man by five years.

I would like to point out this study was performed by a woman so don't go accusing the study of being run by a sexist man.

Ok so heres the deal, i think cleavage should be shown and men should be able to look. For those of you claiming this is harrassment well by not letting men look you are actively shortening their lives and impacting their health and i would argue this is a form of assault.

Come on, even if you disagree with me you have to admit this post is edging genius.
Well there ya have it folks!! Cleavage in the workplace is good for everyone! Maybe it will become mandatory,
!!

And I will be proud to do MY part in prolonging my fellow coworker's life.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Do you do work with your breasts or your mind, and hands and attitude and attendance? Just because I may show cleavage does not mean I would not do my work.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hmmmm.... lemme guess, your a 38DD right?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't see how not showing cleavage is oppressive, men have to dress a certain way in a work environment too,doesn't mean they're oppressed.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Wonder what would happen if I strutted by a hot chick like hotbakedtater with a big ol' moose knuckle caused by her big ol' boobies? Bet I'd be the one chastised

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I didn't say or imply that you don't do your work. I just asked you a question.

I don't have ANY problem with women showing their breast cleavage. I've done my share of that, believe me. But if employers have what amounts to a dress code, then ALL employees should follow it and I don't consider it to be oppressive.

If people (women and men) are going to bare themselves at work or otherwise sexualize themselves, they need to deal with the consequences. If men wear their pants too tight or show their butt-crack, then they might get passed over for promotions, too. It's not a woman thing, it's an employee thing, IMO.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If people (women and men) are going to bare themselves at work or otherwise sexualize themselves, they need to deal with the consequences. If men wear their pants too tight or show their butt-crack, then they might get passed over for promotions, too. It's not a woman thing, it's an employee thing, IMO.

Yep! I took the "sex" out of it.

If any person for any reason causes distraction in the work place - - affecting production - - that is a problem.

I knew a girl who was in a punk rock band - had a multi-colored spiked Mohawk. Her day job was in an accountant firm. She wore a wig.

Same thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yep! I took the "sex" out of it.

If any person for any reason causes distraction in the work place - - affecting production - - that is a problem.

I knew a girl who was in a punk rock band - had a multi-colored spiked Mohawk. Her day job was in an accountant firm. She wore a wig.

Same thing.

I agree with this and it think it's something people have been going on about in the thread for quite a while, it's not a man vs woman thing, there is no individual sex to blame here, it is the individual person and their attitude to work.

As for that punk girl, do you have her number?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
T'was the night before Christmas
And all through her blouse
Tater's boobs were a jiggling,
thrilling each trouser mouse

When out on the internet there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to my Ipad to read all the natter.

One poster was calling another a jerk,
While Tater was fighting to take boobies to work.

A wink of her eye and a nod of her head doesn't mean
You can take Hot Baked Tater to bed

If you look at her cleavage, you really have nerve
She'll say you're a sexist and nasty ol' perv

And I heard her exclaim, before I logged off for the night,
Hell yeah, I'll show cleavage
It's my God Given right!

***With sincere apologies to Clement C. Moore....ooh, the irony of that name, get it...see more???

Dayummm, what was in that eggnog?

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join