It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NH Democratic Party accused of 'religious intolerance'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

NH Democratic Party accused of 'religious intolerance'

nhjournal.com

Democratic spokeswoman Harrell Kirstien accused Republican State Rep. David Bates of attempting to impose a “Bible belt social agenda” after video surfaced of Bates saying “the only hope for America” is to “turn from our wicked ways and ask god to heal our land” and “the problem we have here in this country and in all of our states is that we no longer fear god” at New England Solemn Assembly in Plymouth Massachusetts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
“The NHDP’s mischaracterization of Representative Bates’ faith are not only rooted in religious bigotry, but represents the height of hypocrisy for a party that supposedly prides itself in being tolerant of other’s beliefs,” Smith said. “ The NHDP owes Rep. Bates and the hundreds of thousands of Christians in this state an apology for his truly offensive and ignorant remarks.”

It would seem yet again, that the libs aren't what they seem? Actions speak louder than words...and boy are we seeing it first hand!

nhjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes.. the masters of doublespeak it seems
The repubs are NO better.. but the dems alwyas preach tolerance and etc.. when in reality they are farthest from it. People seem to take them at their word with all of these wonderful things, but seem to miss the part of what their actions really speak of.

Im of the mind that all of these welfare things they set up for certain segments of our populations are a form of slavery. They keep people dependent on the libDems and federal govt generationally. Real nice humanitarians we have here.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Now you see, the quote from Mr Bates (should I censor that?), whether a micharacterisation or not, underlines two of the things that I feel are problematic within organised religion:

1) God is the only one who can fix it, so why should we try?

2) Fear God.

A deity that relies on fear to keep followers isn't going to keep those followers for long, besides which, wasn't the whole message of the new testament "love god"?

The first one bugs me more. Never mind re-examining our economic and environmental practices, we just ain't praying enough. Pray, you (censored)s, or else we'll never get out of this recession!

Rant over, and I apologise.

Hope that wasn't too far off-topic.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Your right, social programs are enslavement, but they are also unconstitutional. End the social programs, and we've just begun in reigning in our government.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fact still remains, that God, or any of the like is a mythical character. The one thing that is factually caused more famine, plagues and war is religion. It's what divides us.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Advantage

Your right, social programs are enslavement, but they are also unconstitutional. End the social programs, and we've just begun in reigning in our government.

I would think a human being would benefit from work and not being handed things. In these depressed areas where welfare is the main income.. even if they made a work for pay or housing program a man or woman would have a sense of accomplishment and pride in themselves. This Dem handing everything out with no demands.. its ruining a large segment of our population and setting up future generations for the same failures. I believe in charity and helpimg others. I put my money and time where my mouth is... but what they are doingis destroying people all in the name of humanitarianism and democracy.

Its really no different than your article. This shameful doublespeak. Its a thing that is or has already destroyed our country. Both parties need to be seen for their actions rather than their words.. when that happens I hope we can abolish both parties. Using God in this way is pathetic of this Dem... it is such hypocrisy. Not everyone believes in God and last time I checked the dems were for religious equality.Well you get where Im going Im sure! One day.. I pray... They will be so shamed by the public no one in their right mind would dare call themselves a dem or a republican. Hey.. I can dream!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Religion has no place in government.

Eradicate all of it.

new topics

top topics

join