It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting sick of the sceptic's pointless posts....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm getting sick of the type of sceptical people (not all I might add) doing things like just posting on a thread copy's of the original text in blocks with "prove it" under it. then more copied text and again "prove it" and then again "prove it". It's not necessary, why should the poster go out of the way to prove it to you when you can't go out of the way to disprove it.
Do your own research and come to your own conclusions

It's like saying
"no thats wrong"
"why"
"errr... I don't know"

CT

edit on 16/12/2010 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I understand your anger, but typically, if your the OP, you would want some type of submittal to back up your claims/argument. Without a reference point, the OP of a thread only makes themselves appear to basing their statements off of opinion or emotion.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

I disagree. The burden of proof is always on the person who is making any claims. The OP is usually the one to make a statement or try to assert an opinion and/or fact in the initial posting. If that is the case, said poster should be required to provide some kind of proof or backup to the statement or claim that is being made. This is reasonable to me.

Now whether or not the proof provided is accepted is an entirely different story altogether. .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
just build a bridge and get over it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Sorry, I should have made it clear, it was to a thread where they weren't even stating it as fact at all and I am seeing this more regularly these days. Just some information about there personal experiences and what they believe and they are immediately slated by someone for no reason! Just plain rude imo

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Sorry, I should have made it clear, it was to a thread where they weren't even stating it as fact at all and I am seeing this more regularly these days. Just some information about there personal experiences and what they believe and they are immediately slated by someone for no reason! Just plain rude imo

Well there you have it, second to last sentence, " and what they believe".

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So it's not so much a matter of debunking or being on the side of disbelief, but rather the manner in which some people portray themselves through an impersonal medium like typing/reading? Honestly, get over it. People are different the world over and present themselves in all manner of ways. If you do not like the way someone treats you or other people, avoid them and forget about them. It is completely useless to get upset over things people type on the internet; life is simply too short to care, at least for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So...are you unaware of the magnitude of the number of posts by "believers" who also do the same thing?

Or are you unknowingly ignoring them while you point a finger at skeptics?

MM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What in the world is you talkin about

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

What I was getting at is that the posts and others that I have seen are not at all trying to state a fact, they are just sharing there experiences which should be encouraged but instead some people feel the need to straight away belittle there experience and whack in the words "prove it" over and over- they were never trying to prove it in the first place, they were just sharing it. You don't just run up to a Christian or another belief system mid conversation about there religion or something and shout the words "prove it" or at least I wouldn't :/

I am fully aware that the internet is not "the real world" but I personally don't think it's to hard to have some courtesy and join a debate instead of just shouting no. ahhhh well

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yep, that makes sense pal-- thank ya for the explenation,

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I hear what you are saying...but I ask again, are you aware that the believers on this site do this as often or more than skeptics?

And if you are aware of that...why single out skeptics?

I'll say in my time here I have seen this behavior "overly more so" in the believer's camp than in the skeptic's side.

May I add, I think both terms "believer/skeptic" are blanket terms and do not truly "describe" either functionally.

MM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I hear what you are saying...but I ask again, are you aware that the believers on this site do this as often or more than skeptics?

And if you are aware of that...why single out skeptics?

I'll say in my time here I have seen this behavior "overly more so" in the believer's camp than in the skeptic's side.

May I add, I think both terms "believer/skeptic" are blanket terms and do not truly "describe" either functionally.

MM

Guy, he was tryin to say that theres' abunch of bozos here who keep puttin their snouts in other peoples business and making stupid little comments like a abuncha punks, ya see?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

I see Mr Worm.

Why wouldn't I?

My point is... singling out the skeptic branch of our community for something all branches do...can be seen as biased or unbalanced.

MM
edit on 16-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

yea man, I can accept that, I was just picking on from what I have seen around here and I have been unaware of it the other way round probably because I have not witnessed it myself but then again I am not a ATS as much as I'd like. I think what it really boils down to is people just being ****'s and I guess it is narrow minded of me to put it onto one "group" so to speak!

So essentially I'm saying that some people are deek's haha
This thread seems pointless and ridiculous in itself now, oh the irony! xD

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

"biased or unbalanced'? Yeah I dont' like that either much.

Snouts is snouts ya see and if these people arent' careful the moderators are gonna give em a smack on the beak with a rolled up newspaper.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well, as long as we can agree that all sides of our community here are guilty of such nonsense, I have no problems with it being addressed. I know I am guilty of it myself. Ego and stupidity are things we all suffer from.

Trying to overcome that is not easy.

I'll do my best to limit this behavior in my own posts. That's all I can give ya.

Hope that helps.

MM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Oh Mr Worm...trust me...the Mods always get the trolls. One way or another, all trolls are on a limited life support system that is unplugged sooner or later once they are sniffed out.

In other words...eyes are watching for those trolling.

Is that not great news Mr Worm!? I think so...

MM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Sounds like a plan my man

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I get sick of people using youtube videos as concrete evidence with no text or description....

edit on 16/12/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join