It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch the sun's great explosions (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Watch the sun's great explosions (VIDEO)

yhoo.it

A solar filament that had been lurking atop the sun for a week finally exploded this month, the latest in a string of large solar explosions that NASA scientists say will peak in 2013. This explosion, seen below, released high-energy plasma into the solar system, but did not create auroras on Earth because it dispersed before reaching our atmosphere.

NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory captured the image sequence, which shows the filament exploding. In August, NASA scientists observed a 28-hour period of shock waves, solar flare explosions and solar "tsunamis" that rocked the sun. They've
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This isn't exactly breaking news, but certainly ATS worthy so here it is. I do find it a little strange that this sort of thing has become more regular in the past 5 years and is expected to peak sometime in 2013. I'm sure someone here will be able to explain.

Anywho, take it for what it is.

- NWD

yhoo.it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

CNN showed this this morning. Said the eruption coverd half of the sun at least. Massive My question is why wasnt our electrical systems here not effected??

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
My question is why wasnt our electrical systems here not effected??

Not strong enough radiation wise, but this might be related. Seems communication with ISS was lost

ISS "lost" according to the Russian Interfax news agency
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join