It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wailing Wall ... A Rabbi's view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In Jerusalem, an American female journalist heard about an old rabbi who visited the Wailing Wall to pray, twice a day, everyday, for a long, long time.
In an effort to check out the story, she goes to the holy site and there he is! She watches the bearded old man at prayer--and after about 45 minutes, when he turns to leave, she approaches him for an interview.

"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN, sir, how long have you been coming to the Wailing Wall and praying?"

For about 50 years, he informs her.

"50 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Jews and the Arabs. I pray for all the hatred to stop and I pray for all our children to grow up in safety and friendship."

"And how do you feel, sir, after doing this for 50 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a f*cking wall."

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

Good one.
Just for fun, you can view a live web cam of the western wall, in full screen if you like. If you have insomnia this is the site to visit ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Good one.
Just for fun, you can view a live web cam of the western wall, in full screen if you like. If you have insomnia this is the site to visit ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I forgot. Here's the site.....virtualjerusalem.com got to the Kotel Cam button at top of page.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That's a nice little FICTIONAL tale. If you've actually ever been to the Wailing Wall you will know that men and women are separated by a barrier that is probably about ten feet tall and opaque. I was just there a few weeks ago. Women cannot get close enough to the men's (larger) side of the Wailing Wall to identify an individual. I know, the story is "apocryphal" and "metaphorical." That's OK, but there's an element of believability in all stories, and this one does not cut it.

FYI the Western Wall is full of nooks and crannies, and in those nooks are places "prayers" of all types. Every so often these prayers are removed, gathered together, and ritually buried on the Mount of Olives.
edit on 12/16/2010 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Funny! Caught me off guard. Great laugh.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You think we need to be educated as to the wailing wall? Surprised you took offense to the OP as it is only a harmless joke. Lighten up.

new topics

top topics

join