It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Be Posting Some Bank of America Executive Meetings Recorded in 2002 Shortly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In the process of getting a tape deck. Got to head over to the thrift shop to grab one. 25 bucks for a sweet hi-tech tape deck that used to cost like 300 back the 90's.

The tapes have interesting content. Basically they're just rambling about the Bank's communications infrastructure and network setup. But I find certain parts to be really interesting. Not sure if this is what the conspiracy theorists are after, but it will be entertaining and funny at times for those interested in banking/financial conspiracies, as well as give you an idea of how BOA runs meetings.

Coming Soon....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Looking forward to it. As a preview of the coming attraction here is the timeline of how a small, humble regional bank became the behemoth it is today:

Corporate history
Commercial National Bank (CNB), the earliest forerunner of NationsBank, was formed in 1874.

In 1957, Commercial National merged with its longtime rival in Charlotte, American Trust Co.[2], forming American Commercial Bank. American Commercial changed its name to North Carolina National Bank (NCNB) in 1960 after acquiring of Greensboro-based Security National Bank. In the early 70s, it reorganized as the leading subsidiary of NCNB Corporation.

NCNB expanded beyond North Carolina for the first time in 1982, when it purchased Lake City, Florida-based First National Bank of Lake City, its first interstate expansion. Hugh McColl became CEO of NCNB the following year.

In 1988, NCNB's assets grew to $60 billion after it bought the failed First RepublicBank Corporation of Dallas, Texas from the FDIC. First RepublicBank Corporation had entered FDIC receivership after filing bankruptcy in March, and was the largest FDIC bank failure in history.

By that time, NCNB had become associated with "mergers, acquisitions, expansion, integration". From 1989 to 1992, NCNB acquired over 200 thrifts and community banks, many of these through the Resolution Trust program. Favorable terms, with the FDIC assuming most of the loan portfolios and absorbing mark-to-market losses, allowed NCNB to expand profitably, and a cost-cutting culture improved margins.

NCNB became NationsBank in 1991 after acquiring Atlanta-based C&S/Sovran Corp. Following the merger, the Bank's assets grew to $118 billion.

In July 1992, Nationsbank agreed to invest $200 million in Maryland National Corporation for a 16 percent nonvoting stake and an option to buy the whole company, which it subsequently executed in February 1993.

In March 1993, NationsBank acquired Chicago Research and Trading Group, expanding into derivatives and dramatically increasing foreign exchange trading.

In September 1995, NationsBank acquired BankSouth for $1.6 billion in stock. The deal gave NationsBank a stronger presence in the Atlanta banking market. [1]

In 1996, NationsBank acquired St. Louis-based Boatmen's Bancshares for $9.6 billion. The combined bank became the largest in the American south, with assets of $225 billion, and 2,600 branches stretching from North Carolina to New Mexico.

The following year, NationsBank acquired Florida's largest bank, Jacksonville-based Barnett Bank, for $15.5 billion, growing the company's total assets to $284 billion.

In June 1997, NationsBank acquired Montgomery Securities in a $1.2 billion transaction. Montgomery was integrated into the firm's existing broker-dealer, NationsBanc Capital Markets, and the combined subsidiary was renamed NationsBanc Montgomery Securities.[3]

In 1998, it acquired BankAmerica Corporation, San Francisco, California, and the whole unit took on the name of Bank of America. With this merger, all of NationsBank's holdings, including some of the tallest buildings in the nation (like Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta and the Bank of America Corporate Center in Charlotte) took Bank of America's name. BankAmerica's broker-dealer, BancAmerica Robertson Stephens, was integrated into NationsBanc Montgomery Securities, and the combined subsidiary was renamed Banc of America Securities.[4] Headquarters for the new enterprise were established in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Source

My wife worked as an auditor on their "transition team" in the early 90's and found accounts totalling millions of dollars that were unaccounted for. Talk about tripping over money bushes......

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

As soon as I get this tape machine I've been coveting for so long, I will digitize the tapes, as well as others, and will post them here on ATS...

Freedom man,

Don't stop resisting...

-WGH~~~~

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Looking forward to it.
Just curious, what format are they?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

It's an audio cassette. I got the tape deck, so I should be all set digitizing this boring, funny piece of work. Again, it's not gonna reveal who shot JFK, but it's funny to hear how a meeting goes...

top topics

join