It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Called WINTER, Folks, Not An Ice Age

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

Oh snap...Thank you for reminding me about that book it has been years since I have picked up a farmers almanac!
I live here in Michigan nothing out of the norm here just cold and snowy.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about your 'winter' but our summer has winter like symptoms in Western Australia. For summer, it has been rather cool.

I'll tell the clouds to not rain during our summer months due to definate 4 season cycles all over the world

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

im on the fence about this whole new ice age thing because there are alot of things that show that the earth is doing strange things here where im at on the east coast it has been around 20 degrees below normal temp for like the last week or 2. alot of people are saying that it has something to do with Jupiter getting close earlier this year. then there is the "broken gulf stream " but im not sure if thats been proven

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is a New video from today, Stirling (Lord) the blogger, explains that the Jet Stream although 5 to 7 miles above the Gulf Stream is guided by the Gulf Stream, and that is why the weather is altering worldwide and beyond Northern Europe.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
reply to post by jrmcleod

From 22 November 2010, cold conditions arrived in the United Kingdom, as a cold northerly wind developed and snow began to fall in northern and eastern parts, causing disruption. The winter arrived particularly early for the European climate, with temperatures dropping significantly lower than previous lows for the month of November. On 28 November, Wales recorded their lowest-ever November temperature of −17.3 °C (1 °F) in Llysdinam, and Northern Ireland recorded their lowest ever November temperature of −9.5 °C (15 °F) in Lough Fea. The UK Met Office issued severe-weather warnings for heavy snow for eastern Scotland and the north-east of England

France A record −15.3 °C (4 °F) was measured during November in Orleans, France, where the record for November was last set in 1946.Ice and snow led to power outages in Orleans.

Scandinavia Trondheim, Norway's third biggest city located in Central Norway, experienced the coldest November since the beginning of recording temperatures in 1788. Especially the last week of November saw temperatures 12–14 degrees Celsius (22–25 °F) below normal. Severe blizzards hit Southern Sweden and Denmark, affecting flights at Copenhagen Airport. Over 30 centimetres (12 in) of snow fell. Helsinki and Stockholm recorded their coldest November nights on record, at -20 and -17 °C , respectively (-4 and 1 °F)

thats just for november we have to wait till january for the december month to see if any other records are broken throughout the UK
edit on 17/12/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/12/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

Oh i'm sorry i didnt realise that November low temp records meant that we were in an ice age and that records were being SMASHED.

The point here is that these readings are being taken for RECOGNISED weather stations. If the temp happens to fall below the previously record temp of a recognised weather station, then the record is broken. Unfortunately they dont have that many recognised weather stations around that are used in an offical capacity. So that fact remains that these low temps have more than likely been broken before but its gone unrecorded.

The temps fell so low because of the snow fields. This aided in the temperature but if you know anything about the european weather at the moment you will see that it is being generated by AAM. This is Atmospheric Angular Momentum and the position of the Jet Stream. both are in a situation where they are allowing cold Arctic air to penetrate further south. This happens quite reguarly just hasnt occurred regularly for about 10 years.

People ar enot used to it but if you ask any of your aged friends or relatives, they will tell you its been far worse.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
While it can be said that this is all normal for winter, let us not forget, its not winter! Winter does not officially start until the 21st. So does this seem like typical Fall weather to anyone? Weve been setting record lows here. If this is a foreboding of things to come then it will be a long hard winter for some...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

oh i am very aware of what is causing it. Obviously you havent read what I posted on pg2 of this thread and jumped straight in jumping the gun.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spungy

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
If I am not going to be able to plant tropical plants in my garden due to absence of global warming then it better had be an ice age so I can at least enjoy some snow instead.

Right now I feel cheated out of both!

Dont worry your getting it... You wont be able to drive anywhere next week

thanks for the optimistic encouragement

however it really seems like it's going to bypass us again

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Your right. This is winter. It seems the more we know these days the less intelligent we get. Most of this absurd 'intelligence' comes from those under 30 which makes me wonder what is wrong with our young people ad especially our 'scientists'.

Older 'primitive' cultures ahve more sommon sense and reasoning than we do.

You can see how mankind will self destruct soon, every year it seems we get twice as insane as the year before.

We have a hoit summer (global warming), we have a cold winter, (ice age). We protest about killing whales and kill 10,000x more unborn babies. We complain about greenhouse gases and complain when our heating bills go up due to restriuctions and sanction... and it goes on and on.

The sentinalese will outlast all modern societies by thousands of years. (look them up)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Starred just for being smarter than the average bear.
About time.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spungy

If I am not going to be able to plant tropical plants in my garden due to absence of global warming then it better had be an ice age so I can at least enjoy some snow instead.

Right now I feel cheated out of both!

Dont worry your getting it... You wont be able to drive anywhere next week

thanks for the optimistic encouragement

however it really seems like it's going to bypass us again
I wouldnt be so sure, it passed us last time (s wales) and we've got it now, its like being a kid again.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
we only think we have it bad, germany has had 5ft of snow in 2 weeks.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It is NOT the beginning of an Ice Age.

So Its normal for the middle east to have a Winter Storm and Snow in some Middle East Countries?

So Its normal For parts of South America to have Snow?

So its Normal since you claim its only winter for half of Europe to blocked in by the snow?

Sorry no stars from me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well it may not be an Ice Age(yet), I will grant you that much; but in Australia it's actually called summer & it's very, very different this year to any that I can remember in my 45 years on the planet.
Not many people are complaining all that much(except for the surfers & beach bunnies) because the weather is much more tolerable than weeks of 100+ degree heat, & our badly abused fragile river system is getting long needed water(we don't have mountains & snow in Australia so we rely heavily on rain).
I was told once, because I've never been there, that theres lots & lots of corn fields in Kansas, that if an alien landed in Kansas & reported back to his planet what Earth was like, he would say "corn fields as far as the eye can see". Don't be like the alien, there is something amiss with our weather.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As stated. its not winter yet.......................

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

No where has anyone said

1. This is the worst weather in 100 years
2. This is the worst weather since the 1800's
3. This is the worst weather in 10,000years (ice age)

The weather is just being THE WEATHER.

actually... in Europe we are hearing things like "since records started".
thats about 200 years

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The truth of the matter, is that the "weathermen" use the wrong terms to describe the weather.

They always say that the temperature is "higher than normal", or "lower than normal", when instead they should be saying "above average", or "below average".

This, in itself, is very misleading.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This winter, as well as others before have been anything but NORMAL, and many of us point to the fact that winters have lasted longer, and have been extremely cold throughout the world to the pont that we have been experiencing record winters worldwide which shows the lunacy behind the people who still claim "the Earth is warming up"...

Several scientists have presented research which does seem to indicate the Earth is on it's way to either another LIA, or an IA.

No one knows for certain since anything can happen with the climate, not because of atmospheric CO2, but I doubt anyone would say "right now we are in an IA"...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As someone else has already posted, it's not technically winter until December 21st. What I think you're missing is that what we're experiencing is not that unusual for late January but it could very well be unusual for mid-December. I watch the local weather conditions on the weather channel. Last summer the temperatures were consistently above average. Lately they've been consistently below average. That's an unusual swing. Maybe you should wait until the winter's over before declaring it business as usual.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So why is it snowing and cold temperatures in my city in Australia where it's summer?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join