It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Called WINTER, Folks, Not An Ice Age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out what should be obvious to the folks screaming "ICE AGE! ICE AGE!"

It's called WINTER for sure!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Its not even winter yet...

Where I live we are breaking low temperatures... Eastern sea board is going to get slammed this weekend with snow and cold btw... Looks like a nor eastern is brewing..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have an idea, so everyone can win this arguement....

Let's just call it a little ice age. It lasts for about three months every year. Lets just rename winter to little ice age. Does that please everyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
hahahahahaha lmfao yeah right! this is not normal weather sweetheart colorado is in the 60s and florida is in the 30s somethings happing wake up before its to late!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
well apparently the UK isnt used to cold weather
cause they seem to be freakin out about it.
Doesnt seem to be outta the norm to me,.
Seems normal here in wisconsin,. currently 20F

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I second that.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Winter just like any other... but I was under impression of Global Warming WARNINGS... got extra bathing suits... lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
well apparently the UK isnt used to cold weather
cause they seem to be freakin out about it.
Doesnt seem to be outta the norm to me,.
Seems normal here in wisconsin,. currently 20F

Were freakin out cos the mini ice age came a month early this year and even though EVERYONE n the UK knew because of something called a "weather forecast" a week before it got here nearly every council in the country got caught with its thumb up its arse and did nothing to prepare.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
starred and flagged just for the title!
Made me laugh.

R5

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
No winter yet in this part of Canada, you'd think that'd be odd no? The ski hill here has been having a hard time for years and everyone knows the difficulties we've had with the snow and the Olympics. Winter is moving south of the border, it's obvious to most Canadians. Who'd ever think that'd we'd still be able to walk outside without a jacket on in Mid-December?

...and I just realized that Christmas is only a week from now.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am more worried about people's mass hysteria and paranoia lately than I am of a hot summers and cold winters. I remember very cold winters and I can also remember very hot summers. Wasn't it in the 1800's when the Thames use to freeze over and they even had a market on the frozen river. The Roman's grew grapevines in England under their occupation. All this well before man made pollution could have had an effect on the global weather and temperatures.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If you are 40 years old then where have you been? We have always had cool downs (fall) and warm ups (spring) that was at one time much more gradual. Lately though we have hard edges to it. The weather suddenly changes rapidly...seemingly overnight.

Climate change is evident. Pollution to the point that all life support systems are in decline.

Global warming/Cooling issues were brought to the forefront to divide and confuse the real issues.

Threads like this do not help.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
'opposite' thing is happening in the tropics. Somewhere near the equator where I spent 29 years of my life, I'm wishing for a cold December once more!

I'm not being sarcastic, but 15 years ago and beyond, we start wearing jackets at around November. December is really cold. Temps can drop to 15 Celsius at night and doesn't get any higher than 25' C during the day.

The last 15 years was hotter with the last 5 years being the hottest! Right now, my folks back home are now getting 32' C right now in December!! It's been like that for the last 5 years. Remember 15 years ago, the temps won't go higher than 25'C.

Other than that, the dry (no rain) seasons are getting longer in the recent years. The weather seems to shifting and so far, we're seeing all the recent trends getting worse every year. Although we had some nasty storms and floods my whole life, and those remained consistent except for longer summers and dry season(seasonal rains, not cyclones).

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
But it has snowed twice, TWICE!

it never snows twice...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am also from central Ohio and have to laugh at the posting about winter. As one of the more astute posters pointed out already, it is not winter yet. So I submit to you that we have time travelers among us, lol. Because as they have said they have lived through tougher winters than this one. And as said before winter is not even here yet. If I may inquire, exactly which winters were worse? Of course I live in a world where words mean things and perhaps those who claim to live here in central Ohio lived elsewhere previously? That would be the only explanation. Cleveland gets record snowfall and they dismiss it as, "they always get that". We have set SEVERAL weather related records this fall.

THEY KNOW WHAT IS COMING. Let me tell you a story. This summer as most people in these parts were happy to have any work, one neighbor was working all the time. One evening I asked him what he was going to do Saturday and he said mandatory overtime. I asked him what on earth they were making that was so in demand. He told me Snow Blower parts. Been working mandatory 10 hour days and Saturday overtime. Nope nothing to see here, move along now. I mused that they must know something we don’t. It has always been a common joke around central Ohio. We get one winter with snow and everybody with money goes out and buys snowmobiles and snow blowers only to sell them at the yard sale in a couple years. And since we had a lot of snow last year the market should be saturated.

I am a bit older than the kids posting here, but not that old. I can assure you that the weather in Ohio bares little semblance to the weather I remember as a child. Not to mention the flora and fauna have changed quite a bit too. Seen any white birch trees around lately? Those that are older than I tell me I am only seeing the half of it. So who you going to trust? Your own eyes and senses or those who only serve to confuse and distort?

Things heard at the dinner table around thanksgiving one would have CALLED POPPY COCK Back in the day. Yeah, I was out working on my tan one last time this past week. I think I will put the mower up for the year. Nope nothing unusual about cutting grass in NOVEMBER in Ohio. Well not unusual for the past 8 years or so. As I was taking pictures of our flowers this fall, I was commenting to the wife about how beautiful our flower garden had become, we both agreed it was the nicest one on the block. Of course this was the week before HALOWEEN!!!!!!! So unusual, that I went and bought a news paper to photograph them with, so the dates would be there. Hmm where are those…

We had the perfect vantage point when the hurricane rolled through here a while back. We sat on the deck enjoyed some cocktails and watched the bedlam happen, all the while barely catching a breeze. It was very cool and very surreal. Having lived on the ocean before, it was strange, yet somehow nice in a weird way to see and feel a tropical pattern in Ohio. I will tell you the same thing I told them (our hurricane watch company) that day. You ain’t seen nothing yet. Mark my words. Oh and one last thing about this “Global Warming” argument. All you need to know is this; CONSERVATION OF MASS. You don’t even have to leave your house to figure it out. Hard to believe something so easy to understand is never mentioned when it comes to “global warming.”

The weather is not static. Nor does it follow some unknown pattern. History is rife with examples of wild weather patterns, but those can almost always be traced back to an event. To think the auto exhaust, power plant and furnace exhausts cannot and do not affect our atmosphere is insane. The average furnace running on natural gas if vented directly into the home will kill you in short order correct? For the sake or argument, is it safe to say one days worth would do it? If my house is 1200 square feet and has 8 foot ceilings it contains appx. 10,000 cubic feet of atmosphere. I would like to know what NATURAL method of purification I could use that would purify this much atmosphere in 24 hours? Think about this one as an example. There are 20 homes or so in our neighborhood. Each home could contain 10 people. So in reality our homes alone could kill 200 people every day as long as we ran the furnace. Or to use simple math, we are poisoning appx. 200,000 cubic feet of atmosphere to the point of it being uninhabitable evry day. I sure am glad that all goes outside through the pipe where the angels breathe it in and make it pure again. To quote one of my favorite authors, “we have a front row seat to the greatest tragicomedy that has ever played out.”

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

soundguy:

wishing i could give you a 'high five' on this.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by staciebee

The jet stream stalling is because HAARP is operational. They heat the atmosphere and reroute the jets stream to make our weather better or worse sometimes.

The Jet Stream has NOT stalled. It has moved. It does this ALL THE TIME.

How hard is this to understand.

THERE IS NO ICE AGE. The weather has always done this. These threads of Ice Ages, Jet Stream this and Gulf Stream that are becoming tediuos. If people cared about spreading truth and denying ignorance they should DO THEIR RESEARCH.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmm.. last time I checked we are not in the season called WINTER
we are in FALL.. just saying

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You're right. When it snows, it doesn't mean there is an Ice Age coming soon. When it is hot in summer, it doesn't mean that man has caused Global warming. For either of these events, we have to look at centuries of valid data, something many people just cannot understand.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am 60 and I have NOT seen worse. Oh yes I have seen much deeper snow and I have seen temperatures as cold.
But I have not seen snow or ice last as long. Over the last 3 years it has just kept on getting worse. Everywhere in the UK, meteorological records are being smashed. Including unprecedented flooding. Plus the times of the seasons are changing. I know this by when my garden produce is ready.
The weather globally has gone crazy.
It may not be an ice age. But it certainly is SOMETHING

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join