It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if the Mexican government just collapses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
With the Mexican government losing its' war against the drug cartels it is becoming more apparent that the entire country is at risk of capitulating to these bad actors. The cartels have infiltrated and leveraged american gangs and prisons to gain a huge footprint specifically in our border states. My thought is that a collapse of the Mexican government would require swift action by the US to maintain National Security. What would this action be? Would we invade them? Would we impose new leadership? Would we harden the border for real? Thanks ATS

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
2 things
1. us takes mexico
2. South america takes mexico and it becomes the new HAUL MART........

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for the reply O.
I agree with #1. South America being a continent who acts on their behalf? and what about that stepchild Central America?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
My thought is that a collapse of the Mexican government would require swift action by the US to maintain National Security. What would this action be? Would we invade them? Would we impose new leadership? Would we harden the border for real? Thanks ATS

The US would naturally have to send in troops to stabilize the situation and protect our national security. We would have to do the same thing we're doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, just closer to home. Hopefully, we'd get more oil out of the deal this time.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The FED bails them out, and put's the leaders they want in place.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

what about the border as I agree we would have to send in troops?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh boy. I can see where this is going to lead...

Truthfully, when has the Mexican Government ever been strong or been able to keep their people in check? They are the U.S's biggest supplier of illegal drugs. They have been growing Marijuana there for decades. These cartels are not new to Mexico. You hear about it now because of all of the murders of Police officials and hits on Government officials and Military going on in the past months. Also the 2 main Cartels that are trying to take each other out.. If Mexico ever had a stable Government, i don't think the people would be trying to come here as much..

This is just my opinion anyway.

new topics

top topics

join