It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio, USA Lake Erie Lighthouse Covered In Ice Amazing video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you were still in any doubt that the world is experiencing some strange weather then take a look at this.www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Cleveland Harbor West Pierhead Lighthouse turned into an artistic testament to nature after high winds and subzero temperatures continually coated the structure with ice Tuesday afternoon.

After waves from Lake Erie propelled by high winds coated the structure, the lighthouse began to take this beautiful shape, reported the Washington Post.

The natural ice sculpture isn't without its hazards however, as the ice obscures the actual purpose of the lighthouse. The Coast Guard has issued a warning of hazardous conditions to mariners, who won't be able to see the lights or distinguish their colors, reports MSNBC.

edit on 16-12-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

And back in the UK" ROUND TWO" www.thesun.co.uk...

BLIZZARDS threaten to bury parts of Britain under 12 INCHES of snow today.

Chaos looms as 60mph winds whip up massive 6ft drifts.

Experts fear the worst blizzards in nearly a CENTURY as up to a foot of snow is dumped across SCOTLAND and north and west ENGLAND from this morning. The SOUTH could also be hit.

Commuters will face road and rail closures and many schools are expected to close. Poor visibility and ice will make driving hazardous. The snow could be the worst since 1927 when a 12-hour blizzard on Christmas Day left 20ft drifts across the South.

The Met Office yesterday issued nationwide extreme weather warnings - particularly in Scotland and the North.

Even the South could get a foot-deep covering on Sunday or Monday if moist continental air collides with cold air over Britain.

edit on 16-12-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It looks like one of the buildings off "A day after tommorow"...Freaky

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure exactly how glaciation starts, but it sure does seem like the ice is building up fast.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I had the exact same thought, the truth is even stranger than the fiction. I would love to see it for real ( the light house not a day after tomorrow scenario).

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

I wonder if this is the first time that it has happened to that light house. If its the first time then that does show how extreme the weather is at present.

new topics

top topics

join