It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
After reading a nice thread about happiness on here, I figured I'd share my own personal keys to happiness. It's short, easy and simple, but can easily be forgotten.

Realization & Understanding: Hate and anger are born from ignorance. The more you understand people, the less likely you'll be confused and frustrated with their actions. The more you understand people, the more you can sympathize with them, and maybe even help them with their problems.

Acceptance & Expectation: Don't let people disappoint you. Accept and expect their flaws. Don't expect too much from life and imperfect human beings. The more you accept reality, the less likely you'll be disappointed by it.

Love & Respect: Focus more on what you have in common with other people rather than focusing on your differences. Have love and respect for other people. We're all in this together. Everyone experiences the ups and downs of this beautiful and chaotic life just like you. Treat people how you'd like to be treated and they may just return the favor.
edit on 16-12-2010 by ShnogTrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShnogTrip

Good stuff...

Focus more on what you have in common with other people rather than focusing on your differences.

I am guilty of this on a regular basis, and when I catch myself during or after, I find that I am slowly chipping away at this negative perception, but I still get down on myself for doing it - a double whammy! I'll figure it out someday, and hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks for the thoughts...Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Thanks for the reply. I am guilty of it too. I think everyone has a hard time with that because it's just so easy to see the differences in other people when you can't exactly be in their shoes.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
True happiness and enlightenment, I believe happen once the chakras are flowing and in-balance, and in order for most people to achieve the Third-Eye and Crown chakras, they must first have a stable foundation. ie good physical health, love and respect for all things and people, acceptance and forgiveness, and a good sense of humor. I may be off on my own tangent, haha, but great thread. And many of us have made mistakes, don't worry about it, for we can all be forgiven.
edit on 17-12-2010 by BrandonTsia because: Rewording and extra info

top topics

join