It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain to Justify itself over fingerprinting children in schools.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Yes that's to stop your neighbours seeing how you vote but TPTB are able to look back on your entire voting history...you're not really supposed to notice the number but do check it out next time you vote. Its for this reason alone that I am a very conscientous and extremely varied floating voter.

Back on point tho' - the fingerprint system does negate the requirement for id cards - and its much cheaper. We have cameras on a large majority of our streets - not just town centres, train stations etc - we have cameras that shout at you (to prevent littering no less - that cracks me up), cameras that track your car by its reg number, cameras that track tagged people, and the pièce de résistance is the facial recognition software that goes along with it all.

I'm not paranoid (maybe a wee bit - but they do keep encouraging it - and within every paranoid delusion there is usually a thread of reality). I've just watched all of this happen as we stood by silently and let it. I combine that with my policeman friend telling me two years ago that he'd been training for massive civil unrest for the previous four years (6 years all told - and he's an old hand so he knows it not 'normal' training) and I know something stinks.

The cuts that have been announced haven't actually bitten yet - but when they do I feel things could get very nasty indeed.

In the 1920's in Glasgow the people were jobless and hungry. They marched in protest....our city fathers' solution? Gun mounts on the city chambers. They're still there.

Unemployed Struggles of the 1920's

I would reiterate - Government is not always good. We must protect our rights and privacy.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Doyle

Yeah we had that at primary school too...was probably around the early 90's if I recall...maybe a bit earlier.

I remember we got given a card with 'I've met the Met' (as in metropolitan police) on it and one of our fingerprints in the middle....sadly I cannot remember for love nor money if that was the only one they took...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doyle
I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else. When I was at a rural primary school in the early 90s we had a day where the local police came to talk to us and explain what they do. Part of this included taking all of our finger prints to show us how the process works(which at the time to a young child seemed fun), I've wondered as I got older if they then kept those records, or if it was simply done as a game to keep our interest? Does anyone else remember having their prints taken during a 'Police Day' at the school, and do you know what was done with those prints afterwards? I am a law abiding person so I have never found out if my prints are on record, as there has been no need for them, but with the raising of this topic it's got me questioning that old memory again.

Yes - and mine were taken in the 1970's.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting, I never met anyone else who had this happen to them despite having plenty of conversations with different people over the years about it. What areas were you guys in? My school was a really nice rural C of E in Cheshire, which was sponsored by the Haberdasher's Guild in London. Random, but it had been supported by the guild for a long time. Anyhow, I can kind of understand a London school having this experience but it just strikes me as really odd to do it in a quiet rural area, unless it was happening everywhere, which it clearly wasn't. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
IT won't be long before Governments the world over will be taking DNA samples of everyone at birth and putting it into a central registry.

They will have satellites that would be able to find people anywhere in the world based on a specific dna sequence before long.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snowgirl

You'll be telling me next that they've been collecting hair samples for a DNA database every time they do the nits searches in schools...or at every birth....the mind boggles...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Biometric banking/mobiles - I can see it now...cars being remotely stopped/parked because you haven't paid a fine/tax...?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doyle

Scotland for me. But they seem to get us so young the memory gets lost for a lot of people amid all the other trips and lessons...when everything is new.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well folks, I may not be in the UK... but here in America some can make a good case that they have already been 'accumulating' DNA from her citizens for nearly 50 years.....which is kind of weird if you think about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

If you consider your youth as criminals, they'll act as such.
I'm totally shocked by the fingerpriniting of children and so am I by people thinking it is a good thing to do. I wouldn't even imagined it was possible. Happy to be French for once!
edit on 16/12/2010 by jeanne75018 because: Typo

edit on 16/12/2010 by jeanne75018 because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join