It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem Cells May Have Cured AIDS Patient

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Stem Cells May Have Cured AIDS Patient

www.newsmaxhealth.com

A very unusual blood transplant appears to have cured an American man living in Berlin of infection with the AIDS virus, but doctors say the approach is not practical for wide use. The man, who is in his 40s, had a blood stem cell transplant in 2007 to treat leukemia. His donor not only was a good blood match but also had a gene mutation that confers natural resistance to HIV.

Now, three years later, the recipient shows no signs of leukemia or HIV infection, according to a report in the journal Blood.

"It's an interesting proof-of-concept that with pretty extraordinary measures a patie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This sounds like some good news.Hopefully this will lead to a breakthrough to eliminate HIV/AIDS from the planet.I've often wondered if there would be that special person that would be infected and have a natural resistance to the virus.Maybe this will lead to an inoculation so everyone can be protected from this.

www.newsmaxhealth.com
(visit the link for the full news article) mods please remove already posted
edit on 16-12-2010 by buddybaney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Already posted here, and I'm even not sure that that was the first.

EDIT: also (I'm assuming that there hasn't just been an influx of men given stem-cell therapy and beating AIDS), earlier post here

edit on 16/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just read an article on another link aggregaor site that explains that this happened 2 years ago. Also, they supposedly haven't been able to have the same results on ANYONE else. Just wanted to throw that out there.

new topics

top topics

join