It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Gives Users Ability To Flag Content That Promotes Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I feel like I am waking up in an episode of The Twilight Zone where the Nazis won. To me, this seems like another ridiculous step in our once free society to a total surveillance state. This is no different than the witch hunts of history or the red scare.

The government is doing its very best to suck our freedom of speech out of the internet. It makes me physically ill.

In response to concerns it's become a means of radical promotion, YouTube has now added an option for flagging content that is terrorist in nature.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Perhaps it is time to support an alternative to youtube.

-E-

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh man...

The Jewish Internet Defense Force, or as they like to be known JIDF, must have got this done, as they've been taking down every Muslim video on youtube for years.

Even kid shows...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I just have to LOL at this, this is like giving every kid, idiot, self righteous simpleton a Bat Phone with a direct line to police commissioner
err I mean the FBI ....hope they are not busy

I can see it already this video sucks, I don't like this guy ....flag flag flag flag flag

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

Maybe, but the real concern here, IMO, isn't that they flag the video and the FBI gets you, it's that they use this as an excuse to take down every single video that speaks negatively about the government.

This is not about catching terrorists, this is about shutting down the truth and only leaving their massive ppropaganda machine as the sole source of information getting to the masses.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm flagging anything to do with Justin bieber

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I was kidding because sadly you have to laugh at some of this stuff (I like to call it something else) that gets taken seriously today and in each day that passes but,

you are correct, I AGREE 100%

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm going to start flagging every pro-Israel, pro-government, MSNBC, FOXNews, CNN, etc... video on Youtube.

Use their weapons against them.

Use their weapons against them. Blow it back up in their faces.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

You are right. Sometimes you do just have to laugh because the altenative is you lose your mind in frustration because you get stuck watching these criminals ruin your home...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yup, I think it's time we started taking this complete piss out of these guys and abuse the hell out of this option. The best combatant is always parodying and laughter, they can't stand being mocked.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
an alternative to youtube could be blip.tv Its a place where the RIAA and related organizations have not yet infiltrated...I can have my videos up there with soundtracks I do not have the 'rights' to..and there is no terrorism button! perhaps we should start using blip instead of youtube..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I expect my youtube account to be banned in the next 5 minutes

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yeah you aren't the only one they'll be going after. We all know their real target here is any videos that don't go along with the msm propaganda machine and their point of view..

new topics

top topics

join