It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to Offer Face Recognition for Photo Tagging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Just a few hours after Time magazine anointed Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg "Person of the Year," Zuckerberg's company announced yet another new service that will attempt to recognize pictures of your friends based on their facial characteristics. Starting next week, Facebook will start using face recognition technology to assist its users in tagging pictures of friends.

Huffington Post

Well, I don't know about you people, but this makes me feel a little uneasy. I don't like the idea of Facebook having the ability to use facial recognition software to identify me. I can imagine all this data being stored in a database somewhere....not a good idea!

Just my humble opinion....

~Memnoch

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i read that long ago also about google pics...

well its good to find fakes or people who use your pictures ...

or when you want to find a person

problem is..they find you also ^^

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Tech is much like a gun, in itself its not good or bad........but you can bet the government will use this...well they already do....but ....it will just make it easier for it to use a third party to get around what few rules they still have. Why should they have to track us or tap our phones or emails when the threat of preasure against the companies we use will yeild them the same info?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by memnoch25

Its just a matter of time before our CCTV as facial recognition and can link your face to your facebook account and bring up all the details you have on there.

new topics

top topics

join