It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in a name, Satan, Lucifer and the rest?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
reply to post by LUXUS

Satan is a title referring to an adversary. I'm positive that Satan is the Dragon that tried to usurp YHWH and failed.
*snip*
Perhaps the War in Heaven (not described in Enoch, just the fall of the Angels and the demoralization of mankind) occured after the Watchers learned of their fate and they sought to dethrone YHWH.

If you read the stories of the Annunaki, and study on them, you will see that their race includes the Saurian, or Reptilian Races. The stories tell of much war and family infighting, and I strongly believe this is where the Bible stories came from originally, earlier Sumerian tales. According to The Apocryphon, isn't Yahweh a son of Eve, who was created by God? Now Eve was a human being, as I understand it, so how could the child of a human being become a God? Just asking.

Revelation 12:

1: And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3: And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4: And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The verse goes on to say the child will rule with an "Iron Hand." What does this mean, really? Anyone?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Actually, it's pretty clear that Lucifer is Satan, according to the Bible. Look in Ezekiel and Isaiah, for starters.

Ezekiel doesn't say anything about "Lucifer". The word first appeared in the Vulgate translation of Isaiah, and referred to Tigleth-pilaser, a king of Babylon. The word "lucifer" was also used in the Vulgate New Testament to describe Christ.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
The antichrist is more than one entity.. It describes anyone acting anti-christly..

an·ti·christ (nt-krst, nt-)
n.
1. An enemy of Christ.

so if i kicked you for no reason, I'd be acting like an antichrist

I think "Antichrist" is a mistranslation. I think it really means, "Anti-Christianity," as in the powerful, established, organized, leadership of the Holy Church and all of it many disciplines, the Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, Methodists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Brethren, and those I may have missed. The ones who originally created the all inclusive Christianity even foretold there would come a time when it would face trials and tribulations as people became enlightened, and knowledgeable, and began to tear at the establishment in all of it's many forms.

Then we have Mother Earth, who is a sentient, living thing, about to give birth to a new world, and the Church, and it's hidden Masters hangs over Her like a Great Dragon, (Saurian Race/Nibiru) attempting once more to enslave humanity. That is what the passages mean to me, anyway. I reckon they could be translated in many ways, that is the nature of the Biblical texts. They can be used to prove, or disprove, most anything at all. Some very smart individuals created religion, and I for one do not think the originators are human beings.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You're right in a sence the originators of the Bible weren't human they were by God's words spoken through humans to right down the text, i highly doubt humans were evolved enough to come up with just the very complexity of the Bible or concept of religion at that time, enter God....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by LUXUS

That is exactly the point I was attempting to make with the Jesus/Lucifer thread. Jesus, (or whatever his name was) and Lucifer, (or whatever his name was) were of the Elohim Race, which I take as a race of Extraterrestrials from an unknown place or dimension. They were either brothers, or one and the same, and neither came, or is going to come, and save us - or destroy us. The "saving" has to be or own doing. We are here on Earth to learn how to be a Higher Spirit. This can never be accomplished by worshiping anything, or sitting on one's laurels waiting to be saved.

As to whether the Elohim were extra-terrestrial i have my doubts about that, i gravitate towards the previous civilization hypothesis, Atlantians = Elohim.

The last part however i totally agree with, we are the Captains of our own ships, we are here to realize the potential within.

Cosmic...

Atlantis was the garden of Eden ie where the hybrids were made and nurtured. Who did the Atlantians worship?
If you read Platos account of Atlantis we are told that at the centre of Atlantis was a hill and on top of that hill was a temple to poseidon. Who is poseidon?

Poseidon is the same as Neptune but what I found interesting is that poseidon rides a creature which has the tail of a fish and the upper body of an antelope.

When I read that description I immediately thought of the zodiac and Capricorn i.e. the tail of a fish and the upper body of an antelope.

Further reading and I discovered that Ea or Enki is associated with the star system of Capricorn.

It means that the Atlantians worshipped Enki as a demigod and that Enki quite possibly comes from a planet which orbits one of the stars in the Capricorn star system!

edit on 28-1-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The Gnostic teachings state that Eden, on one level of symbolism, is symbolic of the Lemurian Third Root Race.

The Atlanteans were the Fourth Root Race.

This humanity is said to have already fallen by the time of Atlantis, because we fell from Eden (Yesod) during the times of Lemuria.

In the third link in this post, Samael Aun Weor mentions the visitation of Cosmic Ships during Lemuria; but I don't know exactly how much Individuals from other Planets have since then been involved with this Planet Dogue.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

[snip]
Which would explain your current misinterpretation, try looking outside of the Bible and you may discover it's true origins.
I am not knocking the Bible, it contains many wisdoms, but you should know that it is not to be read literally, it is a collection of allegories.
You should also be aware that over centuries of translations and re-translations some parts have become confused.
Lucifer is not Satan as Satan literally means "The Accuser", it is a term not a name.
You believe in Angels and Demons..the Hegelian Dialectic...
Try the 3rd way...think outside the box.

Cosmic...

I am well aware that you and others look to other sources to explain the Bible. Your call, but I call those sources false. I simply don't believe they are valid, and yes, I have looked into that sort of thing. I am able, to a point at least, to tell if something I am reading is truthful and accurate or not, as well, and I won't discount that.

Satan is the name we use for the one that was once called Lucifer. Simple enough.

As for angels and demons in general, I KNOW those are real. Not just from reading, either, but far too much to go into here. Suffice it to say that they (the demons) are not friendly, not out to help anyone, and not to be trusted. The unfallen angels, on the other hand, are very helpful, and do, in fact, war with the fallen ones. Not something I can prove to you, but I know this to be true.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I notice that you have just made me a foe....

How very.......Christian.....of you.

Judged and Condemned me in 30 seconds flat,nice.

I am not your foe nor will i ever be.

Cosmic...

Not in that sense. I use that to try and keep track of people that I either agree with on many key issues, or, in the case of a foe, disagree with on some key issues. Was much simpler when we could see that in the threads (and anyone know why we can't now?). Not a judgment, or a condemnation, and in fact, I expect we could have some quite interesting discussions. After all, far more interesting, at times, talking with people of very different viewpoints than those that agree with us in every case!

Just a tracker for me, but if it bugs you, can pull you from the list.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Actually, it's pretty clear that Lucifer is Satan, according to the Bible. Look in Ezekiel and Isaiah, for starters.

Ezekiel doesn't say anything about "Lucifer". The word first appeared in the Vulgate translation of Isaiah, and referred to Tigleth-pilaser, a king of Babylon. The word "lucifer" was also used in the Vulgate New Testament to describe Christ.

Both books talk about the person of Satan, in various ways. You have to take the whole, not just pieces, to get the whole picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
interesting thread

Some notes on things I've come across in my reading. Not saying these are definitive but they do give a few clues to put pieces of the picture together.

1. Lucifer/Satan had his name taken away when he was cast out of Heaven by God. Not only does nobody else know his actual name but neither does he. His real name doesn't exist any more.

2. The watchers sinned by lying with the daughters of eve creating unholy offspring - giants. - The Nephilim.

3. demons are not fallen angels but the inhuman souls of the Nephilim who were neither human nor angels/watchers and therefore stuck between Heaven and Hell.

4. The cast out angels are all considered devils. Satan is a devil but not the only one.

Will keep following this thread. Lots of interesting ideas here.

edit on 30-1-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join