It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret To Happiness In Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i agree. the whole is MUCH greater than the sum....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Which makes me wonder, regarding the consciousness mystery and the quantum paradoxes, if maybe it doesn't also precede the parts, and give rise to them all, since the greater whole, in a non-local, holographic universe, can't be a condition of and dependant on, the mere parts - which generates happiness for me, at simply being included, prior happiness and joy via gratitude, just for BEING HERE in the first place, for getting to have an experience. Again, everthing else is just details.

I'll shut up now, don't want to hijack another thread, especially not one about happiness of all things.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I was trying to explain a similar concept to my father. I was explaining to him how powerful our perceptions are when it comes to our happiness. I was explaining to him that, for example, when I look at our house it looks big, spacious, comfortable. However, when he (and my mother) look at it, to them, it seems small, dated. This is because they are innundated with television images of people with those big modern houses, with those perfect little dinner parties and well-behaved guests. I find that when we stop trying to control everything, when we just let our minds take over, then we can find that ideal balance, we can just "be" without having to compare ourselves to everything.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Any good advice

(.)

the secret to happiness is serotonin - we're just machines.

Human happiness is serotonin, usually caused by getting
what you want.
Spiritual happiness (bliss) is wanting what you already have.
They are not the same thing and you cant have both.
edit on 20-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I was trying to explain a similar concept to my father. I was explaining to him how powerful our perceptions are when it comes to our happiness. I was explaining to him that, for example, when I look at our house it looks big, spacious, comfortable. However, when he (and my mother) look at it, to them, it seems small, dated. This is because they are innundated with television images of people with those big modern houses, with those perfect little dinner parties and well-behaved guests. I find that when we stop trying to control everything, when we just let our minds take over, then we can find that ideal balance, we can just "be" without having to compare ourselves to everything.

You are a very smart young man. You give me hope, that up and comers like you are out there. Thank you for being you (i realize that sounds corny).

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
much love to the op fellow new englander here as well

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

i honestly believe you know what you need to do...
picture looking at your self looking only thru the eyes of love\light
now try to veiw situations whith love and light
and never forget you have an incredibal amount of creative power to manifest really ANYTHING you want.
-jplaysguitar

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I was trying to explain a similar concept to my father. I was explaining to him how powerful our perceptions are when it comes to our happiness.

How interesting. I also recently had a similar conversation with my dad. He's an old hippie and ex junkie...he's actually a bit messed up, all the heroin/lsd/speed/alcohol and the rest has really messed with his 'happy'...anyway he came to stay with me for a week in the summer and we were outside smoking spliffs, drinking wine and chatting about life...he is rather negative about everything, cynical and bitter. I turned to him and told him his life was great, from my perspective (he has 2 teenage children now, a wife etc etc) but # from his...couldnt he see that if started to think his life was good it would be good. Just because he didnt become the rock star he could have been doesn't matter, neither does it that his brother has more money than him. I told him if he looked at his life and thought it was great, it was great...What I have recently discovered is that life is what you make of it, how you perceive it and how you create it...he said 'shut up you silly hippy.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join