It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter jet shoots down balloon in nuclear plant area

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The Israeli also use LASER guided missiles
no heat signature required to lock on to
edit on 17-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

A laser guided air to air missile? I know they exist, but I didn't know Israel uses them. I thought I read that the mentioned the fighter obtained had a radar lock on the object which means they would have possibly used a radar guided air to air missile i.e. AMRAAM, Sparrow... Do you know the name of the laser guided Israeli air to air missile?
edit on 17-12-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
A laser guided air to air missile? I know they exist, but I didn't know Israel uses them. I thought I read that the mentioned the fighter obtained had a radar lock on the object which means they would have possibly used a radar guided air to air missile i.e. AMRAAM, Sparrow... Do you know the name of the laser guided Israeli air to air missile?

Don't know if that is what they used... didn't see the radar lock part

Advances in electro-optical tracking, such as dual-band EO/IR imaging arrays with wide fields
of view and advanced digital tracking filters, can be expected to significantly increase over the
next decade. Early implementations of combined EO/IR imaging seekers in systems such as the
highly maneuverable beyond-visual-range Python 5 air-to-air missile have shown the
effectiveness of these technologies. Corresponding

www.af.mil...

Laser Electro-Optics Technology
www.waco.tstc.edu...

...The Python-5 is said to have full sphere launch capability or is an all-aspect missile, meaning it can be launched at a target regardless of the target's location relative to the direction of the launching aircraft. It can lock on to the target after launch, and can do so to a target 100 degrees off boresight.

...In the 1990s Rafael started development on the Python-5 AAM, which was equipped with an advanced electro-optical imaging seeker with lock-on after-launch capability.[4] The new missile was show-cased in 2003 Paris Air Show,

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting. I've heard of this missile, but don't know too much about them. Who knows? Israel could have used them.

As far as the shoot down goes, too much censorship, false info, to even speculate at this point. I'm amazed that this thread isn't getting more attention on here. I'm curious about what was shot down over there.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ok thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Good to see Israel continues to shot at things that don't shoot back..

However, a balloon is a little sad even by IDF standards.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
moments before the object was shot out of the sky..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee9d2c6292f8.jpeg[/atsimg]

edit on 18-12-2010 by kriheli because: embedding photo instead

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
As far as the shoot down goes, too much censorship, false info, to even speculate at this point. I'm amazed that this thread isn't getting more attention on here. I'm curious about what was shot down over there.

Well I don't know but if our boys were shooting down mylar balloons with missiles I would think we wouldn't want it all over the media either. Imagine if those balloon races they have... the wind ever blows you off course
It's not like you can steer those things to good

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think it would be hilarious if it really was a mylar, "party balloon" like they are saying. I am really trying to give the IDF the benefit of a doubt here.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I can't believe this story isn't on home page and hasn't received much attention.

Anyways I just stumbled upon the CNN news clip covering the story.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
connect the dots! first the press conference about ufos visiting nuclear sites and shutting the power down, and now a report of one being shot down! disclosure is imminent. 2012 shift in consciousness is coming. we're about to go inter-galactic.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Found an interesting video of four white flying spheres (obviously drone craft from somewhere) flying around a nuclear facility. It looks pretty interesting and they are definitely not balloons, but it doesn't state where this nuclear plant is. Perhaps it is related?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by trailertrash

I think you have some unfounded issues that need to be worked on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join