It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter jet shoots down balloon in nuclear plant area

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Manned Spy Balloon
obviously trying to blend in

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Latest local news report that:
1) It (probably) came from Dead Sea area (aka - Jordan).
2) It (maybe) was a balloon.
3) It (supposedly) had some self-propulsion.
4) It (possibly) was dropped from a Jordanian plane - ??????
5) It (equally possibly) was launched from ground.
Yeah.
As for military intercept - it clearly is sensitive area. All civilian flights in Israeli south were suspended while "battle with the balloon" went on.
I am 99.99999999% sure though that whatever it was (rip) - it was not an alien spaceship. I mean , Israeli air force is fine, but dropping flying saucer capable of space travel with few jets is pretty impossible.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Balloon may equal "Aerial Observation"
Who wants to possibly observe Israels Nuclear facilities?

Takes tinfoil hat off.

edit on 16-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Haretz did say it apparently had an engine, implying remote control of the thing. Might it be a more primitive version of our drones, with remote cameras on board?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Latest local news report that:
1) It (probably) came from Dead Sea area (aka - Jordan).
2) It (maybe) was a balloon.
3) It (supposedly) had some self-propulsion.
4) It (possibly) was dropped from a Jordanian plane - ??????
5) It (equally possibly) was launched from ground.
Yeah.
As for military intercept - it clearly is sensitive area. All civilian flights in Israeli south were suspended while "battle with the balloon" went on.
I am 99.99999999% sure though that whatever it was (rip) - it was not an alien spaceship. I mean , Israeli air force is fine, but dropping flying saucer capable of space travel with few jets is pretty impossible.

Makes a lot of sense eroK. Especially the part about the spacecraft. I can't believe we could even scratch a ship built by a society with star travel at FTL speeds with anything less than big nuke, and probably not even then.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It was your father Luke

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f73b831dc10.jpg[/atsimg]

It was a case of mistaken identity

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9b24bd9f2c0.jpg[/atsimg]

told you we could stop the second coming

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fe24e16bf14.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

It must be nice to look at the world with rose-colored glasses (courtesy of Mossad!).

Probably an UFO attempting to disable Israel's weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah. A "balloon" like object.
I feel pity for whoever lost their specimen.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The whole thing sounds pretty daft on the face of it. And why shoot it down if apart from a perceived engine all that was observed was a balloon? It must have had another known attachment that they wanted to dispose of, otherwise a waste of resources.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
obviously not a spaceship

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The whole thing sounds pretty daft on the face of it. And why shoot it down if apart from a perceived engine all that was observed was a balloon? It must have had another known attachment that they wanted to dispose of, otherwise a waste of resources.

They shot it down because it was in a 'no fly' zone. Party balloon or not, nothing is allowed to fly in the area

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded

Originally posted by smurfy

They shot it down because it was in a 'no fly' zone. Party balloon or not, nothing is allowed to fly in the area

Birds/birds with a "bemb" could get away with it couldn't they?... R.I.P. Blake Edwards. Like I said, a waste of resources.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

So now we have to fear "Carrier Pigeons?"

I'll tell you what, if that was a party balloon and they shot it down, then I am impressed! If they start using F-16s to shoot down Carrier Pigeons, I will be entirely amazed!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There are several assumptions being made that I find improbable.

One, if it really was an alien craft, do we really believe they shot it down? People seem to discount the possibility since they 'said' they did. Of course they are going to state that otherwise Israel would have to admit that an intruder got into their most highly sensitive area and they were powerless to stop it. Notice that no debris of anything has been found (or admitted to) yet?

Two, if it did take their weapons offline (ala' the recent admissions from officers at U.S. nuke locations), do you really think they would state that publicly? The U.S. didn't at the time.

Three, if it was a balloon, then why don't they say so? I would suspect some visual confirmation was made by their fighter jets before they fired on it.

Four, nobody uses balloons for intel anymore. That went out over 60 years ago. Electronic surveillance is easier and you don't lose assets in the process.

This sounds like a genuine UFO incident that caused a high state of alert and scramble on Israel's part. Of course, they "shot it down" so everyone is safe. They will show you the balloon debris real soon. Shipping is slower during the holiday season.

"Nothing to see here, move along. Some kid's balloon escaped from a party and we overreacted."

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by smurfy

So now we have to fear "Carrier Pigeons?"

I'll tell you what, if that was a party balloon and they shot it down, then I am impressed! If they start using F-16s to shoot down Carrier Pigeons, I will be entirely amazed!

Exactly my point,
Come to think of it, maybe they just shot down Richard Branson surveying his new purchase!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by olgada

OK someone is now saying that they used a missile not bullets. OK but without radar lock? Does a bit of string and vinyl or whatever stop radar? Ain't no heat signature or radiation for a missile to home on either so WTF?

Wow, just goes to show you that their technology works. Good job! This was a definite potential threat to this facility so absolutely NOTHING was wasted, money or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In the case of Israel there might have been a reason to use a unmanned radio controlled spy balloon.

For many years in the calif desert with Edwards air force base and China Lake they had a lot of problems with false returns on the radars.

These false returns were things like trucks and cars on the highways,. kites, dust clouds, dust devils and other flying objects.

After they connected computers to the radar systems they can now screen out anything flying less then 100 mph.

Being israel is same type desert and open country they likely have something like that on there radars and a balloon going slow would have a greater chance of being missed on the radar.

A friend of mine liked to fly his small aero commander plane right at a remote radar in the panamint valley calif area and pass 5 foot over the turning radar dish just to freak out the air traffic people watching at China Lake.
commondatastorage.googleapis.com...

Now with the computer system blocking air object flying slow they don't see him

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So in short the shot down what they are calling a UFO and have labeled it as a kids balloon. Right.... >.>

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I didnt know helium can be traced by radar and be locked .Also Israel with nuclear power??...just in case just in case.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df4490945e49.jpg[/atsimg]

Too funny. I love it!

Yeah this story is filled with censorship from the "authorities..." Whatever it was the general public will never know because it is for our own good right?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
I didnt know helium can be traced by radar and be locked .Also Israel with nuclear power??...just in case just in case.

Mylar balloons can...

The UFO was tracked by radar operators of the Fifth Air Brigade of the Fuerzas Aereas de Chile (FACh or Chilean Air Force) based at Cerro Moreno, which is right outside of Antofagasta.

"This type of balloon has an aluminized Mylar envelope which reflects sunlight like a mirror, making it possible for the balloon to be seen up to a distance of 100 kilometers. The UFO sighted by the two airliners and many people of Antofagasta and Calama on February 16 was the second MIR balloon, launched from the city of Bauru in the state of Sao Paulo in Brazil on February 15, 2001, which followed an east-to-west route more or less in a straight line along Latitude 20 degrees South. An earlier balloon was launched on February 13 and will be reaching Africa in a few days. The last balloon was launched on February 21, 2001 and is following the same route across South America and out over the Pacific Ocean. We have written to several researchers in Australia and Africa, warning them against false UFO reports resulting from the sighting if the MIR balloon."

www.ufologie.net...

The Israeli also use LASER guided missiles
no heat signature required to lock on to
edit on 17-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join